UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supercreep

Sorceror
Re: A Change in the rules.

I don't think there should be any kind of wipe.

My last shard just up and closed without warning, without word.

26 days ago, I started playing here. Starting from scratch totally sucks, but I knew there was nothing I could do. I needed to make gold, and searched the forums on the best way to do so. The most prevalent answers?, Reset BOD's, and scrolling. There were actually arguments on which method would make more gold.

People also pointed out, that both were completely legal as far as the OFFICIAL rules went. I started out by making all my little elves to do my bidding in the BOD world, and after selling a few books, I started training my scribe, and only just recently started scrolling, only to have the rules change.

I really had no idea the kind of gold that could be made from scrolling until I read this thread, and cant help but be disappointed that I wasn't able to make more from this once legal activity.

That being said, a lot of people are starting to scream wipe wipe wipe, but I don't think that is fair. I don't think I should have to completely start over because the rules changed in the middle of the game.

Was scrolling a problem?, apparently so after seeing the kind of gold people were pulling in, but it was only a problem because it was allowed to be a problem.

Its not fair to make people start all over again, because it was allowed to get so far out of hand.

Seer Xavier;693251 said:
I wouldnt mind seeing some gold removed either, but I would be totally against two things:

1. a flat wipe. Some of the new players worked their asses off to get what they do have in gold, some players just keep enough gold to keep them going, etc. , and it would suck to do that, IMO

and

2. any type of wipe that brings everyone to an even playing field. UO was not meant to be a communal hippy land where everyone has the same and is capable of the same...

I was thinking a sliding scale removal would be nice. Leave the first 20 or 50 million alone, what you have above that takes a 50% hit, then whatever people have above say another 100 million take a 75% hit, or something along those lines. And anything in 10 digits just NUKED... how would someone have billions!?

It wouldn't be easy tho, and in the end all talk of wipes is just that: "talk". I expect that it probably wont happen, and even if it did, it would be up to psz to decide how/how much.
Interesting idea, however, as we speak, many of these loophole billionaires are converting their gold into ornies, homs, +25 SS, BRSKs, etc. How would your system accommodate for that?

Oaks

Knight

Seer;693288 said:
this would be very fair since theres probably no one who has more than 200kk and didnt use scribe or any other exploit for that.

You are wrong.

deathviper

Sorceror

One of the past post said we could craft spellbooks AFK, but you can not create the scrolls to fill them AFK.

GM Nestor

Sorceror

Again, rule applies to ''crafting scrolls AFK''.

Whatever you make the scrolls for, be there when you craft them and there shouldn't be a problem.

Kelekkis

Wanderer

CNS Nestor;693311 said:
Again, rule applies to ''crafting scrolls AFK''.

Whatever you make the scrolls for, be there when you craft them and there shouldn't be a problem.
Oh well, gotta invent something else to make money.

GodZila

Sorceror

weinster666;693061 said:
Maybe staff should go through, determine who has been doing all of this scroll selling, and then give all who haven't been doing it 500 mill each :D
i agree =D

psz

Administrator

[global remove where gold
[global remove where scroll
[global remove where spellbook

Supercreep

Sorceror

psz;693314 said:

So is it safe to sell the two full BOD books that I have??

I would hate to sell em, only to have the gold taken away.

:(

cityhead

Wanderer

psz;693314 said:

Please do it.
Do a complete gold wipe on the shard. Although, truth be told... someone like me has less gold to lose than someone who's been playing for years... but if you lose one million, the next honest million you earn will be worth twenty times as much.
Even if the fortune 500 redeem all their cash for artifacts and HRSK's, the unfair balance of wealth might not be fixed... but at least it'd start fixing the drastic inflation.

Seer

Wanderer

Bile;693323 said:
I've got maybe 300k overall =/
how come were you bidding around 80kk for that inquis?
you liar lol.

@Oaks
even if i am, those 2 or 3 are an exeption and will be able to make it all again very quick.

Khephren

Knight
Re: A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

I work hard for my cash, I would like seeing people that don't being deleted tho... :)

and yes, you know who you are... I could name a few just buy looking at the trade forums but I won't since I'm not a flamewarstarter... :)

Xavier

Account Terminated
Re: A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

Aiight kids. As psz warned, leaving this thread open let it run off the subject of the sticky. IF you must discuss this further, start a new thread ..

Status
Not open for further replies.