UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Change in the rules. (unattended scroll crafting)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsavant

Sorceror
Re: A Change in the rules.

that's like saying that unattended mining should be legal because you spend money on pickaxes

And to protect the integrity of the Uo economy, staff should strip those who have been doing this of all their wealth. :)

Xavier

Account Terminated

weinster666;692857 said:
Just to have it make more logical sense, can you just say that "unattended scroll making is a 3-strike bannable offense"? I mean, since technically, making scrolls is not resource gathering, unless people have their bots buy stuff from vendors while AFK, so it shouldn't be lumped in with AFK resource gathering.

Just my 2 cents

Seer Xavier;692835 said:
Short and sweet: CRAFTING scrolls unattended is just like unattended resource gathering or unattended taming. Its a 3 strike bannable offense now.

Hmmm ? :eek:

hugoboss

Sorceror

wowie.. a lot of scroll..err, people on Demise cares... :eek:

Attachments

• wowie.jpg
    wowie.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 203

Macil

Sorceror

I just don't think this should go into effect like BLAM! I don't think people realize how much people have invested in this. Yes, its cheap, but plain and simple it WAS legal.

Its not fair to the community who has been doing this and saving up materials for weeks of use and now all of a sudden they have a limited time to perform this trick and weeks of materials to drill through, oh and now they HAVE to sit there and stare their screen to do it.

Thats crap, I don't care who you are or what you think. Thats not fair to them.

I for one only have a few hours worth of materials at any one time built up. I get my materials on a day-by-day basis and I have the crappiest life in the world so I actually have the time and lack of activity going on in my life to where I can sit here and stare at the screen for it to happen. But I can't believe nobody is feeling for the people who don't! Gah!

Dilly

Knight

I would say make it fair and give people the last few days until saturday to finish their stocks up (finish scribing) and implement the no scribing rule come Saturday and server wars. Gives people the chance to get rid of the money they've invested into scroll making without worrying about the consequences.

koka

Knight

Macil;692866 said:
I just don't think this should go into effect like BLAM! I don't think people realize how much people have invested in this. Yes, its cheap, but plain and simple it WAS legal.

Its not fair to the community who has been doing this and saving up materials for weeks of use and now all of a sudden they have a limited time to perform this trick and weeks of materials to drill through, oh and now they HAVE to sit there and stare their screen to do it.

Thats crap, I don't care who you are or what you think. Thats not fair to them.

I for one only have a few hours worth of materials at any one time built up. I get my materials on a day-by-day basis and I have the crappiest life in the world so I actually have the time and lack of activity going on in my life to where I can sit here and stare at the screen for it to happen. But I can't believe nobody is feeling for the people who don't! Gah!

u should be glad that u r making profit from it and actually know how to do it. many doesnt, do u think thats fair for them.

Tempest

Knight

Dilly;692870 said:
I would say make it fair and give people the last few days until saturday to finish their stocks up (finish scribing) and implement the no scribing rule come Saturday and server wars. Gives people the chance to get rid of the money they've invested into scroll making without worrying about the consequences.

No.

Xavier

Account Terminated

Macil;692866 said:

Again, it would be a lot harsher to let everyone login one day to a system that gives you 1gp per scroll, and you TOTALLY lose. Youve got time, warning and the ability to burn your resources when you have time to do it attended, with at least a couple weeks before your profit for your resources.. goes to ZERO.

Seriously, this is the better way to end it.

dsavant

Sorceror

Hyphy Train;692872 said:

i second this..... i have about 4 mill worth of regs/blank scrolls..... but the sooner they cut it out, the sooner the flow of gold will return to how it should be

Macil

Sorceror

koka;692871 said:
u should be glad that u r making profit from it and actually know how to do it. many doesnt, do u think thats fair for them.

I don't. But everyone who is brought into my guild in-game is taught the trick. Because I believe there are a lot of overpriced items on the market and I can't conceivably figure out how to make the amounts people charge for them.

I've been playing for 11+ years and I'm by no means an uber player but my goodness. I've seen some items go for 100+ million gold.

So I get where you're coming from but get where I think others are coming from...

I fully believe some people have 2,000,000+ of each reg saved up and saying they've only got so many days to use them is crap. lol

koka;692871 said:

I didn't know about this.... I was making 300k to 500k a day... Now I find out there making 5 mil a day!... WoW!

Macil

Sorceror

zapper042;692877 said:
I didn't know about this.... I was making 300k to 500k a day... Now I find out there making 5 mil a day!... WoW!

I have 4 accounts doing this with the cooperation of various players in my guild and together we only managed 2 million a night. And then we had to restock so that cut in a lot. Then the money was dispensed around the guild for everyone to share.

So we really didn't make the fat cashes like some of the bigger macroers.

Macil;692880 said:
I have 4 accounts doing this with the cooperation of various players in my guild and together we only managed 2 million a night. And then we had to restock so that cut in a lot. Then the money was dispensed around the guild for everyone to share.

So we really didn't make the fat cashes like some of the bigger macroers.

yea I've done my homework... and found out it not worth the effort... But u guys said vampire embrance... I guess I missed that lol.

How much more profit do u make from them? I know E bolt is like 20 gold profit or 30 gold...

Seer

Wanderer

congrats for the new rule. the economy of demise thanks you a lot.
and for those who are whining and asking for some time to burn up their stock,
just burn it attended before the new vendor system comes or else, you will lose like 1/10000? of your fortune? get real.

Ok so what is point of having such rare items in this game that go for 100mil gold pieces on the forums???? Ok people who do this(scroll making), do it to be able to buy that fun stuff that they cant get! So why take away a way to make gold and be able to have fun. Not all of have the time to play 24/7!!!! You start changing things and taking away things you loose players in the community of UO Demise. Then what??? The game slowly dies and you become an Epic Fail?? You have give it time, dont strip the game of what it has now. GIVE it time. Let people play and have fun. You take away the fun you loose the players. It eventually happens to every game when you start taking away the fun!!! So dont shoot your self in the FOOT Just Yet..........

Tempest

Knight

zapper042;692884 said:
yea I've done my homework... and found out it not worth the effort... But u guys said vampire embrance... I guess I missed that lol.

How much more profit do u make from them? I know E bolt is like 20 gold profit or 30 gold...

Back when my guild discovered it and before Ebolts sold for ridiculous amounts of gold, I was making roughly 3m a day, afk. So you do the math.

Status
Not open for further replies.