UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

U

Unregistered

Re: A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

does Archery require tactics?

Smo

Sorceror

nothing really requires tactics, except disarm punch, but it has the same affect on archery that it does with all other melee weapon skills

I just GMed Alchy first, now Im working on magery and resist at the same time. Should I allow meditation to go up? Will that speed up the process? Or will it cost me a whole lot more regs in the end because of the higher total skill points?

Phobea

Wanderer

Homeless Captain;1485752 said:
I just GMed Alchy first, now Im working on magery and resist at the same time. Should I allow meditation to go up? Will that speed up the process? Or will it cost me a whole lot more regs in the end because of the higher total skill points?

Good question. I dont think it will affect your skill gain too much. Yes, getting 100 stat points in meditation will probably mean using a few more regs but I personally dont mind using the extra regs if it means not having to wait hours to get it GM'ed.

M a r i s

Wanderer

Hello..I am making an inscriber, and i didnt start with 50, and its at 28.8, and do not know what to use to get it up...Any help?

Otterom

Wanderer

what spell shoud i use to up magery from 26?someone told me 4-5 circle but i dont know for sure and if it is from these circles which one is cheaper(its reagents)???

Vizeroth

Sorceror

This is a pretty bad guide. There are more efficient ways to raise practically every skill than illustrated in this post.

praxus

Wanderer

to vizeroth, than make your own guide and post it, or at least put a way to make it here so the author can edit it

to raise healing you can block anatomy under 80 and try to resurrect somebody dead, the same with veterinary, you can block animal lore under 80 and try to resurrect a bonded dead pet

Rexrexrex

Wanderer

For stealth you can simply do 0-80 newbie clothes, 80-gm wear chain coif, chest, leggings (need 20str)

Rexrexrex

Wanderer

Did Poisoning, all it required from 50 was 2 kegs of regular poison (to 70.0 displayed, then it would no longer gain) and just over 6 kegs of greater poison from 70 to GM gaining quite steadily even in the mid and late 90s. No expensive deadly poisons required though I did have 1 keg prepared for it. Given that DP takes an average of 4000 nightshade for a GM alchemist to make per keg whereas Greater Poison is 440 average per keg at GM alchemy, it's a much better way to gain that skill. Save that DP for use at GM on weapons.

Rexrexrex

Wanderer

Done some more skills.

Bowcraft

Bows from vendor bought to 60, then crossbows became available at the same resource cost as Bows. Crossbows 60-whenever they become 100% success rate (probably around 90? I stopped around 85 and just switched to heavies because resources were no issue), then Heavy Crossbow to GM.

I had Lumberjacking on the character and ran around nonstop chopping trees and creating/dropping products on the ground. Took 4 hours to go from 50 to GM. I never ran out of wood while running around cutting trees and spitting out bows.

Cooking

Need:

House
Heating Stand (tinkers of like 80+ skill can make these)
5-6k raw fish steaks
80-100 skillets/whatever cooking tool you want.

Put the raw steaks in a secure container, lock down the heating stand (turned on) near the container and macro taking one raw steak at a time, cooking it, and putting any potential cooked steaks back into the container. No idea how long it took, I wasn't at the computer while it worked away.

80.0 skill makes savage paint with 100% success.

Blacksmith

0-30s buy from vendor.
Make whatever the lowest cost item that you can succeed at happens to be until you reach the 40s and have any chance at all to make Short Spears. Make Short Spears until 96.0 (cheapest smith item at 6 ingots) when they will become 100% success and you can't gain off of them. Then make plate gorgets.

Going above 100 make plate gorgets to 105.0 (100% success), then make Plate Gloves to 108.9 or so when they become 100% success, then plate helm until it becomes 100% success; this is sometime probably around 115 -- I don't know, I stopped at 110. After helm you would do arms, then legs after arms, then chest after legs if you somehow do not reach 120 skill before arms and/or legs become a 100% success chance.

Carpentry

0-30s, buy from vendor. 30s-52.6 make Trinsic style chairs (13 boards, cheapest item you can gain off of).

52.6 - 73.6 make Wooden Shields at 9 board cost.

73.6 - 95ish make Quarter Staff for 6 boards a piece.

95ish to GM make Gnarled Staff or Shepherd's Crook.

E

Eeafnl

cool guide how long did it take u to type all that hehe