UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

DimitriPopov

Wanderer
Re: A Comprehensive Guide to Skills and Skill Gain

Yeah I wanted to say the same thing, this has been the most useful guide for me. I use it for essentially every character since I have the memory of a gerbil

You can get to 95ish skill by using greater posion, but the gains slow tremendously. This skill take a long time to GM after 99, so stick tight. To gain that one more point get ready to use about as many potions as it took to gain half of your skill.

Is this true even if poisoning is the first skill you macro?

Croaker

Traveler

Since Discordance wasn't included, and I just GM'd it, I thought I'd add this.

Discordance can be trained on a single critter of the appropriate barding difficulty for your skill level. You don't need multiple critters, and you don't need to let the discordance decay before trying again. Also, the discord timers are shortened on this shard. I used this macro:

Useskill Discordance
wait for target
target absolute - see below
wait 1 second
loop

The target was:
a tamed bull, 0-45
a tamed frenzied ostard, 45-57
a tamed scorpion, 57-77
a tamed giant beetle, 77-88
various tamed dragons at del bank, 88-gm

Once I realized that you didn't need to wait 5-10 seconds, that you only needed one target, and that you'd still gain if the target was already in discord, the gains came very, very fast. I'm guessing this could be macro'ed up in an hour or two at the maximum.

P

Pothios'

What about discordance? I know to buy it but after that what to train on? and so fourth?

Dyckle

Sorceror

this guide is awesome.
why isnt it stickied... it used to be

Amazonia

Sorceror

About resisting spell, ive a better suggestion:

0-30: Fire Field
30-50: Lighting and Fireball.

;)

Domicritus

Sorceror

This should Include information about raising against a decaying skill. Why this is harder, and which skills are easier to raise against. Otherwise it looks good.

FerryCorsten

Wanderer

Not just for new players but for seasoned players who are returning to the game. Helped me tremendously.

Nicklush

Wanderer

okay complete newb question. I am training tinkering you say make keys and copy them.. I have made 2 keys and they are both blank. How do I make them not blank?

Cade De'Vire

Wanderer

double click on the blank key and it should come up with a target option, then target a key that isn't blank

use a house key / boat key / chest key