UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

About pvp!

J

John Doe

Re: About pvp!

Well, back to watching movies. *is enraged due to vista*

Morsoseth

Wanderer

It seems theres little Faction action due to the fact that factions is a pre AoS system. The sad fact is that most players have to be coerced into pvp. In other words, you have to give them something worth fighting for. The faction system just doesnt offer anything thats viable these days. If you really want to get players to pvp, you need to make some drastic changes to the system. Heres a few ideas of things that could possibly add some activity to factions.

1. Faction armor/weapons made in your faction controlled town remains blessed for as long as you remain in your faction. In other words, no insurance lost thus resulting in more pvp.

2. Upon joining a faction you would receive a 10/10 sc no penalty shield with a few resists like those of an enhanced valorite shield. While this may seem like a free gift to factioneers, imagine the downfalls again. Statloss, no safe haven, and the loss of reagents/bandages. Also, this is more of an incentive to join than anything else.

3. While factions is indeed a war for control of Felucca, players that sign up for the war should be subjected to combat over ALL the facets of Sosario. This simple change would weed out those that take up space on a stone but rarely ventures to Felucca.

Now I'm not new to factions. I was factions on Pacific shard for years and always quite active so I have some experience with the system. Like I said, its just an outdated system and really needs some attention. The only downfall is that changing factions in any way goes against the grain by making it a "unique" feature. I dont think RunUO really does that which is fine but it wouldnt hurt to have factions looked into.

J

John Doe

Morsoseth;444621 said:
The sad fact is that most players have to be coerced into pvp. In other words, you have to give them something worth fighting for.

No shit :(

J

John Doe

a newbie-demise;448170 said:
lol no shit

Why do we want to guess who's back, should we be frightened or welcome who's back?