UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Battle for Brittania Prison 3/29 7:30 PM EST

EvilChild

Knight
On a more serious note.

Either disable all the new skills (chivalry)

or enable all of the new skills (bush, ninja, necro)

Just restrict certain aspects of things like no animal forms and no summon familiar.

Bile

Knight
WHAT IS EXCEPTIONAL BONUS???????????????

Yeah, but if we weren't to get resist bonus we would see abunch of Pont's running around except instead of a Blood Oath it would be a Flamestrike. . . .

Having exceptional bonus gives everyone some sort of a defense (aside from magic resist) for spells and ontop of that it gives those dexxer a satisfying damage boost

Sundoom

Sorceror
The armor i used during the event was rather excellent considering i mixed valorite and gold (and 1 verite)

71/55/53/64/55

i mainly just tried to balance out everything i could and ended up with this.

couldn't make any other legs in valorite to best what i had in verite sadly so i stuck with what i had

Sundoom

Sorceror
On a more serious note.

Either disable all the new skills (chivalry)

or enable all of the new skills (bush, ninja, necro)

Just restrict certain aspects of things like no animal forms and no summon familiar.

chivalry came at a price - during the fighting.

you either have enough chiv to do 1 divine fury, or a cure and quick heal if alone. if you have more mana than that u can do divine and if lucky, a special, but that completely drained all mana and may as well be dead if your caught up in a frenzy between 3 on 3 the moment divine fury wares off.

when your wearing platemail like me, mana regen was extremely slow and i was only doing well cause people were always on the run, which gave me the time needed to recharge.

im not sure how everyone else interpretted it, but chivalry on low intel dexxer is pretty rough when your limited to 2 certain attacks or cure and 2 heals.. (or any combination betwen them) (i could only do so well cause i have 30 intel) - other dexxers had only 20 intel, just enough for 1 skill, so its simply how you play the cards you have.

(add-on)

sorry for the double post, thought i was editing my first one

MB

Knight
Chivalry was disabled in this event's rule set when it was posted. Sorry for not making that clearer.

EvilChild

Knight
Yeah, but if we weren't to get resist bonus we would see abunch of Pont's running around except instead of a Blood Oath it would be a Flamestrike. . . .

Having exceptional bonus gives everyone some sort of a defense (aside from magic resist) for spells and ontop of that it gives those dexxer a satisfying damage boost

I was referring to people with dragon armor being unable to figure out how to get 27% without a runic tool.

MB

Knight
The event following The Battle for Brittania Prison will be take place Friday or Saturday and involve a RED assault on a BLCK stronghold. Suggestions as to where this should take place are welcome. See map in first post.

Insomniac-

Sorceror
Hey a quick question and comment... 0/0 casting is pretty lol.. pre aos was about equal to 2/4, is there a reason ppl dont want mages using something like a 1/2 book or something as a compromise in the middle? I don't think it would be overpowered, but I could be wrong. I understand it can be hard to police but its pretty easy to tell if someones casting at 1/2 or 2/4 or 2/6 or 1/3 etc. Could also require mages to use no gloves if they want a 1/2 spellbook.. thoughts? Please dont flame though, its just a suggestion and if its zomgbad just say that without da fire :D

MB

Knight
It's been debated to allow 1/2 spellbooks, but it seemed mages were pretty powerful as is in today's battle. A dexxer with 115 weapon skill is going to whiff half the time on a 115 wrestle mage. It's a fair trade off, I think.

Frasier

Sorceror
chivalry came at a price - during the fighting.

you either have enough chiv to do 1 divine fury, or a cure and quick heal if alone. if you have more mana than that u can do divine and if lucky, a special, but that completely drained all mana and may as well be dead if your caught up in a frenzy between 3 on 3 the moment divine fury wares off.

when your wearing platemail like me, mana regen was extremely slow and i was only doing well cause people were always on the run, which gave me the time needed to recharge.

im not sure how everyone else interpretted it, but chivalry on low intel dexxer is pretty rough when your limited to 2 certain attacks or cure and 2 heals.. (or any combination betwen them) (i could only do so well cause i have 30 intel) - other dexxers had only 20 intel, just enough for 1 skill, so its simply how you play the cards you have.

Uups, I used chivalry (did not noticed it was disabled) :(
But, I have to agree with Sundoom. My char has 28 mana and that makes using chiv very rough or almost useless.

Damn that prison fight is 2.30 am for me :confused:
Well...we'll see what happens

Frasier

Sorceror
The event following The Battle for Brittania Prison will be take place Friday or Saturday and involve a RED assault on a BLCK stronghold. Suggestions as to where this should take place are welcome. See map in first post.

Naturally every [Red] is ready to fight right now!
But may I suggest friday, then those who are in different time zone than EST (like me heh) can better join the battle.

Sundoom

Sorceror
Hmm, if i dont have chiv, i'll have to figure out where to put those skill points then. might not be to hard, but..

might be expensive

anyway. i do think it may be a better idea to hold these events once every week, sometime over the weekend, so we are more likely to have members on who cannot join durin the week days.

this'll at least give alot of us reds some time to fix our templates (originally i though chiv was allowed, it was hard for me to do much of anything without it. - especially when looted of our bandages and such)

quick question: the prison has a bank correct?

MB

Knight
Was planning one on weeknights, one weekend days, so that everyone will have a shot at participating in at least one of them.

MB

Knight
Chiv was allowed in the Skara Brae battle, but was decided to be removed from future battles.

serotonin

Traveler
So what's the verdict then?
No chiv? Well that was a very expensive addition to my template to cast divine fury 3 times only to remove it :/ As has been stated, on a template with very low mana, you can hardly spam the skills or use it more than about once in every 5 mins (normally to get out of tight situations).
No dragon armour? Despite the fact the ONLY evidence of high-resist dragon armour is clearly RUNIC produced! (Night sight)

I think it's time I started on a mage... They had the upper-hand, especially considering the main spells they use, and to quote Sundoom's post:
The armor i used during the event was rather excellent considering i mixed valorite and gold (and 1 verite)

71/55/53/64/55

71 physical, sure... But 55 Fire? (Flamestrike) 53 Cold? (Mind Blast) 55 energy? (Energy Bolt)
Three biggest hitters are hitting the lowest resists.