UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Battle for Brittania Prison 3/29 7:30 PM EST

Sundoom

Sorceror
just told frasier my opinion on chiv, but i'll summerize here.

In my opinion, without chivalry to give reds a trump card, it's going to be one-sided from here on out, due to the simple fact that almost every member in Red don't have the experience in coordination for pvping, unlike the orcs who have many barcode members who'll most likely or already have told all the orcs how to pvp effectively based off their own constant experience as mages in fel.

fact is, not a single red was using pots, almost every orc was. there are only 2 mages in red, but neither we're online - our only mage Matt joined the very last minute. (litrally like 2-3 minutes before the we gated to skara) orcs had every mage on and had far better teamwork than reds.

only thing reds did was chase after orcs who are always regrouping at designated destinations that they preplanned. i have no idea if there was any conversations in our party chat since i gave up my spot though - i have nothin to say on that since i have no information there.

i simply cannot see any chance of a victory in this upcoming battle without chivalry as a trump card - literally everyone that joined Red on characters prior to yesterday that even showed up were all dexxers - to even the odds, some of us who used chivalry will have to either figure out some other skill we can even use thats not already banned from the events or make a completely different template.

Chivalry was a trump card for reds cause everyone in the guild was a dexxer, take that away, orcs will win every battle now cause a 3rd of that event guild are mages and have vent, mics, not to mention knowledge to instruct the less experienced.

So what's the verdict then?
71 physical, sure... But 55 Fire? (Flamestrike) 53 Cold? (Mind Blast) 55 energy? (Energy Bolt)
Three biggest hitters are hitting the lowest resists.

lol, without dragon armor, i cant really do anything.

i smithed over 2000 val, gold, and verite combined (more around 2500) and this was the best i could get out of platemail.

problem being of course, i cant use val or verite on the breastplate (or order shield - but ther reists were all horrible on any other shield i tried) because my str is 100 and weaken from a 110 eval mage would force me to unequip it, so i had to compromise.

MB

Knight
Chivalry can be trained free with LRC suit, btw. Because some templates with Chiv had low MR, doesn't mean it won't be abused. My warrior personally had 115 med, allowing me to constantly spam specials. I don't think you can argue it's over for Reds when they just completely annihilated orcs.

Sundoom

Sorceror
Chivalry can be trained free with LRC suit, btw. Because some templates with Chiv had low MR, doesn't mean it won't be abused. My warrior personally had 115 med, allowing me to constantly spam specials. I don't think you can argue it's over for Reds when they just completely annihilated orcs.

med doesn't work for metal armor, you wore leather. unlike you, none of us had that kind of privilage. we could only use chiv to hopefully save ourselves from mage ganks which by the way were constant ~.~

serotonin

Traveler
Well here's the way I stand now:

We're Allowed Dragon armour, but you disable chiv. Why? Because if mages can hit our lowests resists, AT LEAST we have a chance to defend against them.

OR

We're NOT ALLOWED dragon armour, but you leave chiv enable. If they can hit our lowest resists, we should be able to hit theirs.

Cornwallis

Sorceror
In my opinion, without chivalry to give reds a trump card, it's going to be one-sided from here on out, due to the simple fact that almost every member in Red don't have the experience in coordination for pvping, unlike the orcs who have many barcode members who'll most likely or already have told all the orcs how to pvp effectively based off their own constant experience as mages in fel.
Reds won, therefore, Reds don't need a trump card. The barcode members in orc didn't really tell us any "secrets" or anything on how to fight.

fact is, not a single red was using pots, almost every orc was. there are only 2 mages in red, but neither we're online - our only mage Matt joined the very last minute. (litrally like 2-3 minutes before the we gated to skara) orcs had every mage on and had far better teamwork than reds.
I wasn't using pots. and I know for a fact at least 2 other orcs who wern't either. From what I can tell we only had 1 or 2 mages on.

i simply cannot see any chance of a victory in this upcoming battle without chivalry as a trump card - literally everyone that joined Red on characters prior to yesterday that even showed up were all dexxers - to even the odds, some of us who used chivalry will have to either figure out some other skill we can even use thats not already banned from the events or make a completely different template.
Change your template up if you think you will lose. There is a lot of flexibility for this type of gameplay. It doesn't take but 2 days max to get a full 7 GM dexxer. Mages arn't that hard either.

Chivalry was a trump card for reds cause everyone in the guild was a dexxer, take that away, orcs will win every battle now cause a 3rd of that event guild are mages and have vent, mics, not to mention knowledge to instruct the less experienced.
I was a dexxer in orc. I don't have vent. There were no commands being given out on how to fight.
Your pre-concieved ideas about orc being all barcode and "elite" are completely wrong. We fight just like you guys do. :)

This quote is composed of a high concentration of wrong.

Look for red text to see what I said about it.

Frasier

Sorceror
There is comments from both side I have to agree (Sundoom, serotonin, Cornwallis).

However, the main thing (I hope) is to have fun and enjoy the fight. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
I wish that all the players respect the rules (looting etc).

serotonin

Traveler
However, the main thing (I hope) is to have fun and enjoy the fight. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose.
I wish that all the players respect the rules (looting etc).

Aye, I'm doing this to have fun and I have all intention of respecting every rule :) The battle, however, isn't till tomorrow, and if there's no chiv and dragon armour, I'm not returning as a melee character. The ability to already know the extent of your enemies resists is far too great an advantage to pass up

Sundoom

Sorceror
This quote is composed of a high concentration of wrong.

Look for red text to see what I said about it.

first off - you misunderstood me; i said reds only won because of the trump card chivalry due to everyone besides Matt being dexxers

2nd. - you're one of the few who weren't using pots, well over half of the orcs were though or relying on those who did, but nobody in Red was because even if we were, they'd have been looted off our bodies.

3rd. - flexability doesn't matter if all the dexxers on Red get singled out from pot throwing/chugging and spell casting/mortal - simple fact is, when we cant even use our own mana for any spell - only 2 dif skills, who do you think will win? the spell casters or the dexxers who can barely hit others 2 out of 3 times.

4th. - I know you weren't on vent, but i reckon anyone that uses a red and is in Fel all the time would most guilds see that rather routine when in fel champ/raiders guild(s)

5th. - I never said anythin about "elite" - "secrets" - or all being barcode. I said that because most of the orcs are originally pvpers, they have far more experience and coordination than the Reds do by far.

(add-on for 5)

It's rather easy to say "go here to get this" or "when we regroup, meet up here or here" - the 2nd seemed very likely to have occured simply because orcs kept regrouping at only certain areas

Last - Hell, this next battle without chiv, all the mage orcs have to do is throw a bunch of exploding pots and cast flamestrike and energybolt on us while we cant even reach them because of the orc dexxers blockin the way. its rather an instant win dor the orcs right then and there

(add-on)

i'm playing in these events to have fun, but its no fun if all i can do is 2 different weapon skills and bandage self/crossheal ally

serotonin

Traveler
2nd. - you're one of the few who weren't using pots, well over half of the orcs were though or relying on those who did, but nobody in Red was because even if we were, they'd have been looted off our bodies.

I was using pots - as an after thought, however! I'd have never thought to do it unless someone told me!
And they were looted lol. I had lesser cure/heal/refresh (10 of each), by the end of the battle - using only one cure and one heal - I ended up with only 3 refresh left (why someone took 7 refresh boggles me...)

Cornwallis

Sorceror
first off - you misunderstood me; i said reds only won because of the trump card chivalry due to everyone besides Matt being dexxers

3rd. - flexability doesn't matter if all the dexxers on Red get singled out from pot throwing/chugging and spell casting/mortal - simple fact is, when we cant even use our own mana for any spell - only 2 dif skills, who do you think will win? the spell casters or the dexxers who can barely hit others 2 out of 3 times.

4th. - I know you weren't on vent, but i reckon anyone that uses a red and is in Fel all the time would most guilds see that rather routine when in fel champ/raiders guild(s)

5th. - I never said anythin about "elite" - "secrets" - or all being barcode. I said that because most of the orcs are originally pvpers, they have far more experience and coordination than the Reds do by far.

(add-on for 5)

It's rather easy to say "go here to get this" or "when we regroup, meet up here or here" - the 2nd seemed very likely to have occured simply because orcs kept regrouping at only certain areas

Last - Hell, this next battle without chiv, all the mage orcs have to do is throw a bunch of exploding pots and cast flamestrike and energybolt on us while we cant even reach them because of the orc dexxers blockin the way. its rather an instant win dor the orcs right then and there

(add-on)

i'm playing in these events to have fun, but its no fun if all i can do is 2 different weapon skills and bandage self/crossheal ally

Well just don't bash us for something you guys can do just as well. Infact, you guys have more members, which can mean a very diverse range of skills and template and playstyles.

As far as chivalry goes, I support the motion of keeping this an oldschool pvp scene, except it has insurance.

serotonin

Traveler
As far as chivalry goes, I support the motion of keeping this an oldschool pvp scene, except it has insurance.

And I'm sure they had Dragon Armour in old school PvP ;)
I've just been sent a PM. It basically stated that ALL exceptional non-runic dragon armour has a total of 37 resist (negative of the arms lore 5% and with the exception of yellow, which has significantly less due to luck being the perk).

Hence, any armour on this thread that has 5 million fire resist (or whatever they want to claim isn't non runic) is a bunch of bull.

Therefore, there is no reason to ban Dragon Armour unless someone has used a runic tool (resists>37 total)

Sundoom

Sorceror
Well just don't bash us for something you guys can do just as well. Infact, you guys have more members, which can mean a very diverse range of skills and template and playstyles.

thought we did have diversity, sadly as i said before, no red mages logged on for the battle.

I am curious though - How many Orcs we're even on?

Talk of numbers doesn't really say much if no one has any oidea just how many participated from either side.

Reds numbers - With the 2 last minute members, we had Eleven people, otherwise we'd had shown up with 9. Sometime in the middle of the fight we dropped to 10.

And I'm sure they had Dragon Armour in old school PvP ;)
I've just been sent a PM. It basically stated that ALL exceptional non-runic dragon armour has a total of 37 resist (with the exception of yellow, which has significantly less due to luck being the perk).

Hence, any armour on this thread that has 5 million fire resist (or whatever they want to claim isn't non runic) is a bunch of bull.

Therefore, there is no reason to ban Dragon Armour unless someone has used a runic tool (resists>37 total)

lol, thats far less than the platemail ver/val which is 48 total resis.

Cornwallis

Sorceror
thought we did have diversity, sadly as i said before, no red mages logged on for the battle.

I am curious though - How many Orcs we're even on?

Talk of numbers doesn't really say much if no one has any oidea just how many participated from either side.

Reds numbers - With the 2 last minute members, we had Eleven people, otherwise we'd had shown up with 9. Sometime in the middle of the fight we dropped to 10.

7 or 8. Maybe 9?

We had half of them leave towards the end because they were barcode and they were doing a raid. (Thats what I heard, at least)

So then it was like 5 to 11.

Sundoom

Sorceror
numbers did not really have much say in this battle then and the fight ended after the drop in numbers was noticed.

jaasso

Knight
give it some time, you need more than one battle to find the perfect set of rules, example: now try without chiv and see what happens and see what you can change if it doesnt work well enough

hugoboss

Sorceror
give it some time, you need more than one battle to find the perfect set of rules, example: now try without chiv and see what happens and see what you can change if it doesnt work well enough

^ This is WIN.

Yep, we're all having fun, let's keep having fun.. I am with the Orcs and I for one, never got to be a part of any coordinated PvP.. most of the time, all I did was run around and prolong the last 10% of my health before the inevitable OooOOoo.. had no idea where the rest were regrouping.. had no time to use Chiv.. ended the whole event with the same amount of potions I had.. heck, I didn't have any macro / hotkeys for "drink potion".. so I guess my PvP skills kinda evened out the ones the other bunch of seasoned Orcs had :p

Anyhow, I had FUN. I came prepared for silly laughs, stocked on insurance in anticipation of lots of dying.. heck I blew over 5 mil and spent 48 hours scrolling my char because I was so fired up for this event.. I prob died the most in the Skara battle, but I had FUN.. and am ready for the next round (hopefully) losing a little less insurance this time..

Why?

Cos I am having FUN while learning a bit more about PvP, trying something new instead of mindless ToT farming.. so I'd say, let's stick to the spirit of this, simple low-tech PvP.

I am all for making slight rule changes as we ALL learn a little bit more on balancing the events as we go thru each battle. It's cool to see and try out for oneself how teamwork on Sunday was the key to winning and not because anyone had any unfair advantage in terms of gear or solo skills.

Heck, having rule changes and tweaks may mean that each battle is slightly different, new tactics and kunning plans can be tried out.. time to make use of those vet reward Soulstones to juggle your template each week?!

p.s. just to chip in some feedback, i managed to craft an complete, ex. studded leather suit using barbed leather (i get total of 48 resists per piece, as opposed to 47 if I used barbed to make a leather suit) and I went in with suit resists of 69/70/54/54/68 - while holding an ex. verite shield - quite pleased with that and it didn't take long.. maybe 2 hours of tailoring

EvilChild

Knight
We had 7 orcs at the beginning and we had 7 orcs at the end. Two of us were mages.

Red had 11 at the beginning and 11 at the end. Two of you were mages.

Numbers had a pretty significant impact on the battle seeing as the orcs were outnumbered by over 50%.

Dexxers are more powerful than mages in pre aos on a aos shard. Bandies heal more damage than a mage can put out spamming high level spells. The only way the mages were really able to kill people is by calling targets and synch dropping on them.

Give the dexxers chiv and you end up having dexxers that can easily out heal every mage, and easily out damage every mage.

You don't need a trump card. Chivalry's mana consumption isn't even a valid argument seeing how pretty much every skill in the game uses mana.

Like I said before,

either leave chivalry off and stay pre-aos

or enable chivalry but enable everything else as well

Frasier

Sorceror
I'm with you guys, hugoboss and EvilChild.

My char (Sir Niles) was an archer and I used chiv (as much as I could with 28 mana...)
Now, let's put chiv to the soulstone and prepare to the new battle.

This means just more practise and team work.
And the battle of Skara Brae was my firs pvp event

Bile

Knight
Preventing Res Kills

- Wearing the deathrobe will prevent you from being attacked and attacking, aswell as doing beneficial acts towards friendlys
- Once picking up your corpse the robe will vanish, so to prevent an instant gankfest/res kill in that situation, if the player wishes to regain his balance (heal themselves) free from all attacks as if he were wearing a death robe, he must be standing on top of his corpse (bones) for the time being, he is safe until his bones disappear or he stumbles off his corpse
- Now, to combat accidentally stepping off of that tile, it's your fault if someone notices it, be careful
- Granted enemies could be huddling over someones corpse waiting for them to jump off to attack, but this being so, not everyone could be at every corpse at the same time, which could lead into coordinated guild comebacks through Guild/Party Chat