UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

blacksmithing worth it?

Is blacksmithing worth it?

• Yes

Votes: 429 65.8%
  • No

Votes: 223 34.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

uoforlife

Sorceror
Re: blacksmithing worth it?

blacksmithy is worth it if u actually use it. like make faction weapons or sell runic ones. or do bods, which is broibng, but nice money if ur lucky enuff to get a nice hammer

Sam-hybrid

Knight

ive only ever done one large bod.. better money just selling ignots, but to be fair i have a large amout of players that used to buy off me

spooj

Sorceror

MOTHER FUCKING BITCHES BUMP THIS THREAD ONE MORE GOD DAMN TIME I BUST A CAP

kdivers

Knight

nope.

dont keep chain unless its 20 bronze or above
dont keep ring unless its 20 aggy or above
dont keep plate unless its 20 shadow or above
dotn keep any non-exp armor regardless of material
dont keep any weps
dont keep shield/helm unless its 20 aggy or above

mattdavis

Wanderer

i dont think it is unless you are rich already ive done some of the best bods out there and yes i have gotten great items but ive been trying to get a valerite hammer and ive come to find out that it is impossible =[ ive spent countless mills on bods never to find the last one spent weeks getting bods from blacksmiths and never really came out with any thing worth value they need to make it a little more easy to get high end bods with a compleate list of rewards not just tessas list it is incompleate i voted NO beacuse ive just recently stoped trying and now im selling all my bods that i payed millions for and i cant even get a buyer and my prices are dirt cheap ive posted them all on tessas bod auctionier if you wanted to see they are all from pfcdavis

kdivers

Knight

matt, you fail to realize that the best money to be made form bods isnt from a fucking val hammer...

also, do you know how rarely val hammers come around?

ALSO, you can make way more money way easier with a verite hammer...

These things are all relative. If all you're into is making millions, literally, of gold, then I guess it's probably not worth it. For most other smiths, I suspect it is worth it.

All depends on what you want out of your smithing.

kdivers;1874830 said:
matt, you fail to realize that the best money to be made form bods isnt from a fucking val hammer...

also, do you know how rarely val hammers come around?

ALSO, you can make way more money way easier with a verite hammer...

Please enlighten us to the best way to make money with bods.

kdivers

Knight

Forgos The Haunted;1881353 said:
Please enlighten us to the best way to make money with bods.

How to make the initial money:

all depends on what you're into. i personally farmed bods with a bunch of smiths and sold them at a vendor and did the ones that gave gold hammers or higher. bronze hammers are also good. the bods for them are easypeasy and cheap, and you can make a vendor of GM bronze weps and have them sell for 2500 - 3000 gp each. thats up to 150k income. you can also do bulk orders for people liek factioners who cant quite afford the expensive ones.

if you already have money:

stock up and buy any bods that are cheaper than their fraction of the reward. say a gold hammer is 750k (was last i knew, who knows what it is now). if i find a peice of 20 bronze chain for sale for 100k, i will buy that in a friggin heartbeat. that will be an extra 150k in my pocket when i finish it.

How to sell bods:

get a prime location vendor. peopel who own vendor houses usually give vendor spots for free if you keep it stocked. they way i priced bods back when i played a lot was (reward value)/(numbers of sbods in the lbod)*1.1 . if you want to make money faster, change that 1.1 to a .8 or something. dont forget to advertise! make a psot on the selling forums every 2 weeks, and scan the buying forums for bods daily. you can also advertise the mall on the brit advertising bridge and afk gate (might get ganked though :-/). Just say "Gating to MALL! includes BODs, armor, kegs, and aother shit that owudl be at the mall. and since you already have a smith and probably got a bronze hammer from bods, you can also add bronze weapons to the vendor to make soem exctra cash

Fez_

Knight

i shit val hammers.... ssm doesnt know what hes talking about.. thers no forge at the bank :D

ah ok good suggestion. Try to do get the hammers people might buuy bulk weapons of or of a vendor for reasonable prices. Thank You

snoddydodi

Sorceror

worth it?? yes.

It takes like 11k iron to fully gm a smith. Set up a nice macro and let him eat.
All it takes is one small bod like a gold hammer piece and you've more than payed for that one smith.