UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

BREAKING NEWS. House Invasion!

repiovesana

Sorceror
Re: BREAKING NEWS. House Invasion!

darthjesus;344731 said:
The elaborate story line and suspense was enough for me to feel it was a success. I can't remember the last time i farmed anything other than the gauntlet for more than 5 minutes. I didn't get an artifact today, and i most likely wouldn't of if I had tried on the 25th. There is more to playing this game than obtaining items, and what LC and the rest of the staff did was bring (even if for a brief amount of time) that spark of excitement back to myself, whom could be considered a UO burn out to many.

So kindly fuck off and die :D
I agree. I got nothing too, but for the first time in my 4 long years of UO playing (all of them on post-AoS shards), I'm pretty sure this was the first time I have ever been to Terathan Keep (ok, I went there once to try the champ spawn on my previous shard, but never walked around in it until yesterday). And even though I got nothing item-wise, it was really fun to see what an Orc Brute looks like (I was like "omfg it's soooo big!"), and then go to T2A and get my ass handed to me by an Ophidian gank squad (I had never been so fond of my Sacrifice virtue before!).
Congratulations and thanks to LC and all the staff people who made this event possible, and made me do things I probably would never do otherwise!
:D

LeafsFan

Wanderer

Yeah I agree it was much better than just letting the house drop with the arties in it. The Jadanii battle was good and fun. Afterwards not so much for me. I had no clue where to go when it could be on any monster in tram, fel, ilsh, tokuno, lost lands, etc it like looking for a needle in a haystack. I hear on the forums here it wouldnt be in fel, but that didnt really help me then. I hope some of what was found made their way to people who aren't insanely rich already. How cool would it to see some young player rocking a HoM or something weird.

Also, can someone let us know if we should stop looking now? Is it over?

Oaks

Knight

Cerebus;344735 said:
Nothing on this shard is based on skill as much as items, which means, some of us who have quit and lost everything we had, this was a new chance for us to get the things we need to be equal with everyone else.

"to be equal with everyone else", haha as if. Who knows there could still be some out there, the fact that anyone has still a possibility of getting one means you still have a chance "to be equal with everyone else". The player I talked to briefly who got an orny of a skeleton at brit cemetary meant that any player (old or new) could have gotten it easily. Anyone pvming at the moment has a chance of stumbling across one. And I'm wondering what you mean with "equal" in which sense, as most people haven't even got a single arty but get by perfectly fine as not everyone is interested in items (i sell all the ones I get cause I find them useless) and just pvm in a 100% lrc, 150 odd luck suit.

Stop being pissed off, grow up and start hunting. :)

[Drakull]

Knight

The only thing I would have changed is the fact that the things were spawning in the corpses. I would have made it so it will go to the backpack of one of the attackers (similar to what happens to the artifacts), but that's the only thing.
I didn't get any (that I know of... maybe something I killed had one but I didn't found it). Usually when I go hunting I don't take the time to check all and everyone of the bodies of the monsters I kill (unless they are strong enough to take some time), and even less when playing like these days using a laptop without a mouse (it's even hard to move sometimes to even care about opening each and every corpse), plus sometimes you have no time to check the corpses if you want to survive (like when I went trying to find the "trinkets" in the orc's cave and Oaks came by and he was keeping the orc brutes spawning orc captains... too many things to kill to even rest for a moment to check the corpses (my poor rune beetle was even having a hard time fighting so many enemies at a time). Also was a little bit confusing not knowing what to search for... I was searching everywhere for chests and possible clues about the whereabouts of the items, but until started to see the forums, never though it was part of the loot.

Anyways, I think it has been a great idea, and I hope that if one day my houses decay the staff will do something similar with my items. The ones who complain are just lazy biatches who want to just set their scavengers and use their fast network connection to get an advantage versus others..

Thank you to all the staff who set this event. :)

Mario-Demise

Sorceror

yah im new to pvm sorta and i walk and see tons of dudes in cages surrounded by those low level monster dudes and i thought it was the monsters to kill for the event haaaaa.
then they kept saying "HELP ME" I didnt even realize you needed lock picking for that stuff. i guess i learned somthing new. :]

Entropy

Wanderer

this event was a one of a kind, no doubts.

My favorite was the [young] player that got the voice of the fallen king in new haven. :D I just hope he insured it...

To answer someone elses question a page or two back, there was a finite amount of loot distributed. the mobs that are carrying them could be around for a very long time but a good chunk of the items have been found.

another little nugget everyone will enjoy is the fact some of these items have decayed with the corpses, yes people were not checking the corpses. I'll leave it to Cronus on whether or not to release the specifics.

Happy Hunting!

hellwina

Sorceror

Some were probably on the wisps at the gate or the spawn by temple ... hehe

ardaaltunel3

Sorceror

there always a chest nearby you magic unlock & telekinesis to disarm its trap.. then there you find a key.. compassion ftw

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I am posting this on the forums as I have been asked a few times already this morning "are all the arties found"

No - they are not. While many have been, some still remain :)

LC

Khalydad

Wanderer

i think that the only fault that this event have was the missing information, like the 25th december, they just show up and there is ppl that go watch tv, cause the staff put a sign that says, "the event will be globally announced" and that was the least that happen...

another thing was the house placement, i believe all the server tought it was prohibited, so the one that place house was lucky, and the rest of the ppl, was waiting for the gm drop that little 7x8 house, but never happen, cause no one think in break the rules(of the last event exactly like this), so no one try to place a house, only that guy =P

and beside everything, it was cool, but maybe the DNN, should give players a nice information like, is the orbs was necesary to join the event, cause yesterday was some crazy guy at the temple("talking with some hidden gm") and supposedly that gm was saying that was necesary to have a orb to join the event, so 3 of my friends went to find or buy one, another guy come and just buy one for 1kk, thats not possible ........after of all that guy trick them all, and it was really sad...

with the missing information, they allowed too many suppositions and it was what damage the event a bit for some ppl, for the rest i still keep wishing you good luck guys =)

Khalydad

Wanderer

am i wrong? cause in the last event of droping a house, was a rule, a very important one, not place a house until the last object was took it from the floor, so u put that thing that wont let anyone place a house, and many ppl thought it will be exactly this time, thats why i say that no one thinks in break the rule =)

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

its a great statement if it were true..... because if there is a rule, there are always people trying to break them... and yes, we had them at the other event too :)

Rules mean nothing to a good majority of people :) anything to cheat the system :p

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Q&A

Have all of the items been recovered?

Nope, there's still 18.75% of the original items left to be found. (at the time of this post)

Will "new spawn" drop the remaining items?

Nope, only spawn that was alive at the time of Jadanii's defeat can have an item that she cast into the world.

What kind of creatures could have an item?

If you can kill it, it could have an item.

jrhather

Wanderer

twizlerz;344722 said:
I honestly think it was a bad way of giving out all the arties....The way it happened made it based on irl luck literally....The idoc shouldnt have been messed with and it should of fell by itself on its own timer just like every other idoc, with the items inside.....but i guess the GMs thought they had to make a big event.

:(
[sarcasm]My heart bleeds for you. It really does. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on...[/sarcasm]

LadyCrimson;344723 said:
It wasn't a matter of "making a big event" - it was more so to distribute the items more fairly than base it on who has the fastest house placement macro and can trap every item underneath. With this method, several people are walking away happy rather than 1 happy person and a pissed off shard.

LC
Excellent job BTW. I can only get online at work because I just moved and I'm having some trouble getting my net set up at home. I missed everything sadly. Wish I could've gotten in on the frenzy!!

Cerebus;344727 said:
I agree 100% with Twizlerz..

And if it was based on who can trap them under the house, then why didnt you just make it not placeable, and make it go into Idoc after all the items fell?

Are there any arty's left that we can still get?
Lemme guess...you got nothing and you feel cheated?

darthjesus;344731 said:
The elaborate story line and suspense was enough for me to feel it was a success. I can't remember the last time i farmed anything other than the gauntlet for more than 5 minutes. I didn't get an artifact today, and i most likely wouldn't of if I had tried on the 25th. There is more to playing this game than obtaining items, and what LC and the rest of the staff did was bring (even if for a brief amount of time) that spark of excitement back to myself, whom could be considered a UO burn out to many.

So kindly fuck off and die
:D
QFT +rep for awesomeness.

Cerebus

Wanderer

maybe you should get the facts straight before talking about me?

i got a tunic of fire, which i donated to a new player.

i didnt feel cheated, it was just that, Demise claims to be as close to OSI as they can be, and by doing this, they did something OSI never does.

Oaks

Knight

You are saying you don't want any events then, which I doubt you'd agree with :)

uome

Bug Hunter

I had a lot of fun hunting out in obscure places. Thanks to staff for doing something different.
Shame some people feel the need to moan.
If there are still a few items out there i might go wander about aimlesly again seemed to work last night.
I wonder if anyone found any chests from the house?