UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

BREAKING NEWS. House Invasion!

LadySiren

Wanderer
Re: BREAKING NEWS. House Invasion!

The only people that are complaining are those with a 40-60ms ping that switch on their scavengers and run across a collapsed plot scooping up everything they happen to run over. Or those that sit around with some kind of scripted placement.

I have a 280ms ping on a good day and I for one think that it was a brilliant and fair idea, giving everyone the opportunity to find an arty.

Id also like to point out that when i found an arty, i went to the bank to store it and saw the vast majority of those moaning bank sitting instead of hunting like the rest of us.

All i can say to that is "hah - sucks to be you! *waves orny*"

Entropy

Wanderer

Cerebus;344841 said:
maybe you should get the facts straight before talking about me?

i got a tunic of fire, which i donated to a new player.

i didnt feel cheated, it was just that, Demise claims to be as close to OSI as they can be, and by doing this, they did something OSI never does.
yes you are right OSI has NEVER interfered with a player who was found guilty of exploiting a system.

GMs on OSI will happily delete items on the spot if found to be abnormal in nature. And I'm sure OSI has never straight up deleted belonging/houses/etc when a player was found to be abusing game mechanics.

We wanted a simple way to redistribute wealth instead of giving 2 maybe 3 people anything decent, period.

Ferris could have just deleted the house. I'm sure he would have reveled in deleting it too.

Personally I think this is a great success.

Cerebus, cry more about it, if you love OSI so fucking much, take everyone who doesnt like it here with you and Get the fuck off Demise. I fucking loathe people like you, who cry and bitch and whine and want everything handed to them and think that they all above the rules and have the right to run their mouths.

Who the fuck do you think you are?

Go back to OSI and cry there. Stop wasting our bandwidth.

Btw, take all your little ban evading friends with you. kthxbai

LadySiren;344857 said:
The only people that are complaining are those with a 40-60ms ping that switch on their scavengers and run across a collapsed plot scooping up everything they happen to run over. Or those that sit around with some kind of scripted placement.
I will admit to having used a scavenger and a ping that normally goes below 50ms at the other IDOC in Luna, (though at that time, the ping was more like 300-400ms) though I'm not complaining now. I'm actually ROFL'ing. :p

Though it's not that nice to taunt people with your orny... It's not exactly my fault (or at least I'd care to think so) that the Gauntlet has sucked away hundreds of hours and given me nothing in return. :p

LadySiren

Wanderer

Nottheking;344879 said:
Though it's not that nice to taunt people with your orny... It's not exactly my fault (or at least I'd care to think so) that the Gauntlet has sucked away hundreds of hours and given me nothing in return. :p

My apologies. The taunt was solely directed at those that were bank sitting instead of hunting and then have the audacity to come onto the forum and complain about an event they didn't even participate in.

uome

Bug Hunter

LadySiren;344883 said:
My apologies. The taunt was solely directed at those that were bank sitting instead of hunting and then have the audacity to come onto the forum and complain about an event they didn't even participate in.

Can i taunt them too?
I got HOM, RBC & Jackals.
YAY.

marcusstone

Sorceror

I've pretty much hunted all of tram for the last two, I imagine they are in tok...

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

marcusstone;344940 said:
I've pretty much hunted all of tram for the last two, I imagine they are in tok...

The last 2 what? I heard someone got one in tram brit this evening.

huh

Wanderer

SRC_Caine;344964 said:
The last 2 what? I heard someone got one in tram brit this evening.

idunno if it was me you heard abotu or not but i got a botr near brit this afternoon. thank you to the staff!

marcusstone

Sorceror

sorry, I have no idea why I said "Last two" I have no idea how many are left... Must have lost my train of thought while typing :)

Cerebus

Wanderer

As i have posted before...

Learn something about me before you talk shit about me..

In the past week, i have donated 15 mil worth of items and gold to new players, as i have almost no gear, no gold.

I have better things to do than sit here and waste my time talking to you (Esk), as you always whine and cry for help.

And as far as "running our mouths", i was simply stating what i thought of the event, and you came and starting "running your mouth".

Also, before you keep insisting that i want everything handed to me, you should notice that i am working for everything i get (countless hours in the gauntlet, saving up gold,making good trades) , nothing has been "handed to me".

First let me say that this was a good idea. Punishing bad behaviour in a way that the entire shard knows about it.

Second, putting the loot on ANY creature definetly gives anybody a chance to get something while encouraging PvM across the board.

After the main event, I was hunting compassion and got a Tome of Lost Knowledge off a Ratman Para. That caused me to blink a few times before my face was split with a huge grin.

Now, for any of the powers that be who are interested, I have a few suggestions that I would have liked to have seen in this event. I believe they would have made the event a little more enjoyable from a player perspective.
Now, before some of you get your panties in a wad and start flaming, this isn't bitching and moaning, but what I believe to be constructive suggestions for the next event like this. Given how some folks can't seem to get the rules through their pointy little heads, I'm sure we'll see more of them.
--
Suggestion: The "announcment" gems were limited in number. There was quite a bit of confusion as to whether you needed one to join the event. Either a gem should have been required to join or those who had a gem should have gotten some small (or large) item for turning them in during the event. This would have furthered the purpose of redistribution of some of the items while rewarding those who already had put forth effort getting a gem, spreading the word, and showing up for the event.

OR

Everyone joining the event sign up like other public events and receiving some small item as a reward for participating. Again this would have served the purpose of redistribution and rewarding the participants.

Reason: I, and some others, felt a bit used after making the effort to be there and join in, put forth all the effort of killing (and dying) for the cause and then find out that all the items had been scattered all over the shard. I could have stayed home or went para hunting instead of supporting the shard event and had the same chance of getting an item as those who did participate.
--
Suggestion: It would also would have been nice to have been able to particpate in that killfest without losing insurance and fame.

Reason: Some younger (poorer) players lost items when they either ran out of insurance and couldn't find their bodies in that mess to retrieve their stuff.
That left a bad taste in their mouths. I can' say that I blame them.
--
Suggestion: Dedicated Healer for Rez.

Reason: Apparantly some of our fine shard mates were so interested in getting back into the fray (or so afraid that someone else might get an item instead of their greedy loot crazed selves) that getting a complimentary rez was impossible. (for those of you who were rezzing your buds good. but it would have been nice if you would have taken a minute and helped out someone else too)
--
Suggestion: Have the items drop in your backpack.

Reason: How many will be lost because someone (especially young) players don't know they are there or don't recognize what they are and leave them on the corpse? Some of these things do not spawn any longer and will be gone forever because some nutbar is too lazy to loot the mongbat.
--

Anyway thats my two cents.

Cronus

and his amazing friends

Just for fun, here's a list of loot that decayed so far because the corpses weren't looted.

Holy Knight's Breastplate
Stormgrip
Axe of the Heavens
Nox Green Pigments
Dryad Bow
Midnight Bracers
Seahorse Statuette
Ring of the Elements x2
Shield of Invulnerability
Kasa of the Ra-Jin
Staff of the Magi
Candelabra of Souls
Red Rum Pigments

ChiDoe

Wanderer

Cronus;345126 said:
Just for fun, here's a list of loot that decayed so far because the corpses weren't looted.

Holy Knight's Breastplate
Stormgrip :(
Axe of the Heavens
Nox Green Pigments
Dryad Bow :(
Midnight Bracers
Seahorse Statuette :(
Ring of the Elements x2
Shield of Invulnerability
Kasa of the Ra-Jin :(
Staff of the Magi
Candelabra of Souls
Red Rum Pigments

ouch...

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I would like to reply to one aspect of the looted items in relation to the suggestions made a couple posts back:

A young player is MORE likely to loot a creature because they are looking for every bit of gold and this includes carving creatures and selling meat, leather, and feathers. A vet players (or one with more gold) will be more likely to run by and kill something and just keep running, mostly because what that "insignificant" creature has to offer.... so, I would say it is safe to say items are lost because something is "beneath" the player versus not knowing any better. Besides, a young player is wearing a voice of the fallen king :)

In reply to the other suggestions, all of your suggestions point to an event that takes little to no effort. A player does not have to worry about having to investigate the lands (or forums) for information, a player would not have to worry about death for any reason as a rez is prompt and items/insurance/fame are not even lost. Players would not need to even worry about having to communicate with fellow players because EVERYONE would know everything.

The idea of an event with a storyline feel is (while yes, this is a game) is to give a real feeling within the game. If a creature invades a town, surely you would not see a "sign up to fight" line. It just happens.

So, while your suggestions are ok, you will see that depending on the event type, certain benefits are added. In the PvP tournies, they are announced via game with a signup period and no items are lost and rez's are free. The PvM tournie is by signup but those individuals lose insurance one time only (upon death). Quests are just placed in game and allowed to remain until the players find and complete them. Story arcs are ran much like your real life would happen.

I personally feel that Demise offers a wide variety of events for everyone. No one is forced to participate in any event and everyone is allowed to pick and choose what they want to play in and are subject to whatever happens during that event such as death, insurance lost or not lost, or announcement type.

Also, as for the "orb" and the communications that went on regarding whether or not it was needed to enter the event: staff clearly stated on forums in the event thread that we do not hold private events nor do we give out special items at events.

hmmmm wow... this got wordy :p

Again, while suggestions are welcome, we won't be able to morph an entire event type into another simply because it was not entirely enjoyed by a few folks. As I've suggested to other people in the past (and this is not directed at any one person) - if you don't like a certain event type, just don't participate in that one. Wait and soon another will be held that is completely different.

LC

Rops

Wanderer

i didn't camp at the idoc, didn't play the event.
but, imho, all events are for fun, not for items.

LadySiren

Wanderer

Reaper_de_Grim;345123 said:
Suggestion: The "announcment" gems were limited in number. There was quite a bit of confusion as to whether you needed one to join the event. Either a gem should have been required to join or those who had a gem should have gotten some small (or large) item for turning them in during the event. This would have furthered the purpose of redistribution of some of the items while rewarding those who already had put forth effort getting a gem, spreading the word, and showing up for the event.

My guess is the gems were just there to tell you about the event. Only those that got gems even knew about the event. More people turned up because they were told about the event by other players.

Likewise, even though people didn't turn up to kill the monster, they still knew to go hunting around killing random monsters. Because other players told them.

Oaks

Knight

blah blah blah people are always crying bloody murder about getting/wanting items, they are missing the point of events.

In any case, it was posted on this forum about the event/gem (this thread and some players posted in general discussion with a picture) AND STOP ALWAYS WANTING SOME ITEM(S) WHENEVER SOMETHING IS HAPPENING, sogging hell.

Go do some idocs if you are inclined on getting free stuff to fatten your wallet.