UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) Fisher competition.

(Complete) Fisher competition.

And the Oscar went to....
First reward won Da Vince (forum name: Abacus) who caught 196 stone fish.
Second reward won Freyer (forum name: Balthazar) who caught 166 stone fish.
Third reward went to Lady Gibbelivious (forum name: Onca) who caught 37 stone fish.
I hope you all have fun. See you on next fishing competition which hopefully I will run in next month:)
Ty my gamefriend for help in event :)

P.S. I made packetvideo but it's messed up :( shame.
Ahh and ty very much to player who founded extra reward for first place:25k. :)

Sintoo

Sorceror
Sounds nice, to bad I dont have a fisherman. Just one thing what GMT? it just says GMT so does that mean GMT 0000 ? just wondering
Good luck, and will there be a chance to witness this even if ou dont have a fisherman and just want to check it out?

Sintoo said:
Just one thing what GMT?
GMT means that time is written in Greenwich Mean Time.

Wikipedia.org - "Greenwich Mean Time (GMT) is mean solar time at the Royal Greenwich Observatory in Greenwich, London, England, which by convention is at 0 degrees geographic longitude."
Just use time zone converter, above is link for it.

Sintoo

Sorceror
Yeah I know what it means I was just wondering if it was just GMT since it ranges from -12 to +13.

[Drakull]

Knight
Eastern time = gmt - 5 ( 5 hours less than gmt)
Pacific Time = gmt - 8 (8 hours less than gmt)

Corrected (sorry, I usually remember it by knowing that in PCT is 9 hours less than in most countries in Europe).

Count me in. Will be fun. Question though, if you fish up a serpant can you just kill it or does it have to be in a guard whacked? Also, is there a specific area where you will fish?

Onça

Sorceror
3:30 pm US Eastern
2:30 pm Central
12:30 pm Pacific

What's allowed Spellbook/Reg/potion/equipment-wise? I'll bring an NPC Mage or Ranger but it would good if people are able to cure and heal themselves, in case a serpent casts poison or manages to put a hurting on someone. Plus I'd really like to kill a serpent myself and get its loot+horned leather+scales. I'll need a blade and scissors with me to get the resources.

Onça said:
3:30 pm US Eastern
2:30 pm Central
12:30 pm Pacific

What's allowed Spellbook/Reg/potion/equipment-wise? I'll bring an NPC Mage or Ranger but it would good if people are able to cure and heal themselves, in case a serpent casts poison or manages to put a hurting on someone. Plus I'd really like to kill a serpent myself and get its loot+horned leather+scales. I'll need a blade and scissors with me to get the resources.

Allowed are Spellbook/Reg/potion/armors and weapons.

Balthazar said:
Count me in. Will be fun. Question though, if you fish up a serpant can you just kill it or does it have to be in a guard whacked? Also, is there a specific area where you will fish?
Of course you can kill it, we can help you with my friend.
Hired guards are for help, you don't need to hire them if you don't want.

huh

Wanderer
will someone be checking back packs to make sure that no-one tries to bring a big fish with them to cheat?

[Drakull]

Knight
well... unless it's done in felucca or with members of a guild (to snoop)... how? it's a player's event, remember....

I don't want to ask staff to snoop, they have other important thing to do, besie it is player event. I solved it different. When big fiah is fished up it appear next to player. When it appear I will write down wieght of it, only then player can take it to back pack. I will have writen down all fished fish so nobody can't win with brought fish. If someone try to put on ground fish from backpack I will see animation (flaying fish :p).

Gandalf_the_white said:
I don't want to ask staff to snoop, they have other important thing to do, besie it is player event. I solved it different. When big fiah is fished up it appear next to player. When it appear I will write down wieght of it, only then player can take it to back pack. I will have writen down all fished fish so nobody can't win with brought fish. If someone try to put on ground fish from backpack I will see animation (flaying fish :p).

The big fish caught will not drop to ground bud :-/ Only regular fish.. Also there is a possibilty no one will catch a fbig fish in the allowed time for i have fished a good amount of time and had none. Unless we are using a good fish finder i dunno hehe.

Onça

Sorceror
I think big fish only drop to the ground if they would cause you to become overweight or your backpack can't hold that much. Or maybe big fish over a certain weight drop. I'm not sure. I guess I could try loading up with something heavy like a pile of ore to guarantee they will drop.