UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) Fisher competition.

John-demise

Wanderer
I wish I had time to train Fishing, but its sooo boring to me and can't afk macro it. Maybe I'll find time some day to train Fishing and play in an event like this lol.

Onça

Sorceror
Kal'tuzad said:
I think thieves would be a major problem when everybody is in the same boat wouldn't they be able to steal the fish cause they are in the same guild?
Thieves can't steal anything over 10 stones. Unless maybe a power scroll lets them steal slightly heavier stuff. Competitors won't all be in the guild at once anyway.

K

Kal'tuzad

Ah ok i'm not really a thief hehe and this was proof ;) I don't have a fisher ready so I won't be attending to the event :( Oh well i'll train one soon enough....

Gandalf_the_white said:
All players which want to participate in the event should send pm to me with char name.
Only players which signed up by sending pm to me can participate in event.
Above is answer to your question.

Onça

Sorceror
Another precaution: You might want to have someone with detect hidden make sure there's no stealther friends carrying fish. I think the skill is needed to help the reveal spell detect stealthers.

Onça

Sorceror
Major thanks and a job well done to Gandolf the White and others who contributed. I look forward to the next event and contributing some to the prizes. Another thing is the whole group of competitors and all were cool. When someone fished up a serpent, the map or net on it and probably horned leather got to them even if they didn't get the looting rights to the serpent they pulled up. Thanks to Natas for handing me the maps from the ones I pulled up. It was pretty cool to have a random group of people without any mean-spirited stupid BS going on. Of course we had a good time with some funny harmless bs.

wangee

Wanderer
actually I got two big fishes. the 2nd one's weight is 92. But it seems i can't get two prizes at the same time. haha

very thx to the orgnizers and this funny event

dead-eye

Knight
yes this was fun and i must say i liek the boat i got. a large dragon ship. was a nice prize for just showing up. the event was very evry fun :)

Onça said:
Major thanks and a job well done to Gandolf the White and others who contributed. I look forward to the next event and contributing some to the prizes. Another thing is the whole group of competitors and all were cool. When someone fished up a serpent, the map or net on it and probably horned leather got to them even if they didn't get the looting rights to the serpent they pulled up. Thanks to Natas for handing me the maps from the ones I pulled up. It was pretty cool to have a random group of people without any mean-spirited stupid BS going on. Of course we had a good time with some funny harmless bs.

I agree. Everyone was good spirited and helpful. Makes for posting the packet video alot nicer. As for the placement, I remember these rankings:

Da Vince = 1st place (196 pound fish)
Freyer = 2nd place (166 pound fish)
Lady Gibbelicious = 3rd place (37 pound fish)

Had to consult the vid for a few of the numbers. I'll try to post the video a bit later. Still gotta make sure everything works. Screws up at the beginning with only Freyer on the boat, but when we turn the boat everyone shows up! (Like some kind of magic trick).

K

Kal'tuzad

Hehe well that's one hell of a big fish you guys caught there gets close to the 200 :eek:

Balthazar said:
Screws up at the beginning with only Freyer on the boat, but when we turn the boat everyone shows up! (Like some kind of magic trick).

Ha ah. Now I know why my video is messed up. Only I was moving.Hmmm so players must walk to be recorded in video. Next time I will do nice video of rewarding players.

In first post I inserted image from event.

Onça

Sorceror
It's called razor packet video right? When you start recording I guess it probably has to receive packets that something has changed for it to show it. If the server had to constantly send packets about everything including every single stationary thing that would probably bog the game down horribly. Of course I don't know. Im just guessing.

VitiX

Sorceror
well ok... ;) i hope more people will join this... and next time ( if you want so ) pm me so i can be sponsor :p well i mean i will throw in few bank checks (up to 200k first, 100k second, 50k third paces)