UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

(Complete) Fisher competition.

huh

Wanderer
I think it would be easy enough to create a guild for this event and have everyone join the guild for the event, its not that much work and would allow you to prevent someone form cheating.

WarriorMan

Wanderer
hehe i cant wait his is going to be awsome

so just a question do we all brg out own boats i meant it said that thiss will be held on 1 or 2 boats i guess your bring your own but in an hours time my guess is the fish will difiently stop biting so how's that going to work exacly

huh said:
I think it would be easy enough to create a guild for this event and have everyone join the guild for the event, its not that much work and would allow you to prevent someone form cheating.

How would be guilded have anything to do with it other than be able to kill and loot guildmates? I am not sure how this helps it?

I suppose the guild thing can be done before the contest begins. Each member is guilded individually, somebody uses snooping on them to make sure they aren't carrying cheating items, and then they are kicked out of the guild. This would ensure that nobody is planning to cheat and nobody gets pk'd. Just a thought.

Hrmm perhaps . I could see that i guess. Just better make sure my stuff is insured and nothing valuable in pack case one fisherman is a thief :-/

Pan-demise

Wanderer
ee about what in this walks ... because I do not it know ... will every get on occupations spcjalnie fishing skill whether every has to have this skill ??

Pan said:
ee about what in this walks ... because I do not it know ... will every get on occupations spcjalnie fishing skill whether every has to have this skill ??
You need to have GM fisher. Fishing is normal skill like others. It need to be trained. I didn't see any staff event where staff gave skill to players.

Onça

Sorceror
I don't remember how I did on OSI a couple years ago. But this time around I pulled up my first big fish at 84.9. I've gone from 90.0 to 96.7 since this competition was announced. Hopefully I'll be gm later tonight or tomarrow before the event or otherwise hit gm during it.

Onça said:
I don't remember how I did on OSI a couple years ago. But this time around I pulled up my first big fish at 84.9. I've gone from 90.0 to 96.7 since this competition was announced. Hopefully I'll be gm later tonight or tomarrow before the event or otherwise hit gm during it.
To fish big fish you need 80 fishing. But at 100 fishing you will have better chances to fish it and less chances to fish sea monster :)

K

Kal'tuzad

I think thieves would be a major problem when everybody is in the same boat wouldn't they be able to steal the fish cause they are in the same guild?

No worries, players will be in guild in short time. They will be snooped to see if they didn't bring big fish fished in the past. After I check player didn't bring big fish with him, he will be kicked form the guild. So no worry about killing or stealing from players. When we sail away we won't come back to city before end of competition. So prepare everything before.(regs/ armor/weapon/potion).