UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Congrats America, we made History.

Digatalas

Knight
Re: Congrats America, we made History.

Get Back To Reality;474907 said:
Digatalas, if you're worried about your money come here, in Bulgaria. Flat tax 10%, some of the taxes are even lower :D
I just might... I was contemplating Canada or Australia. :rolleyes:

Get Back To Reality;474907 said:
And I'm not sure what's so great about McCain's economy ideas since he wants lower taxes and he wants to make more wars. You have national debt $9 000 000 000 000 which I'm not pretty sure but might explode in your face one day.

I'm pretty sure it will explode in our face to... and soon.

Digatalas;474893 said:
There is sometimes a reason, or in my case anyways why i think our country is gonna crash... he just isn't cut out for the job, i mean, he got the racial vote. honestly, like 80% of his voters were black right? McCain had the experience and his lack of understanding in the economy doesn't matter. he has no control in the economy people. But, at least Biden is there after(IF) Obama is assassinated.
Um, 80% were black? only 13% of the voters in this year's election were black, and 95% of them voted for Obama, with 4% voting for McCain. (link)The others were white. So yeah, perhaps the "black vote" helped him with the edge, but then again, Bill Clinton also needed it. And of course, remember that African-Americans are, as the second half of their name implies, AMERICANS as well. It's like saying "Bush only won because of white people." Or even "Bush only won because of older people." (as the solid majority of those under the age of 30 vote for Democrats for President) Seriously, you just irreversibly painted yourself as a "speak before you research racist." Sorry I'm being blunt there, but that's how just about everyone else here sees it.

Again, to mention for everyone who didn't hear the first time, Obama got the black vote not because he's black himself, but because he's a Democrat. African-Americans haven't gone for the "party of Lincoln" ever since the Democrats ceased being "The Confederate Party" and became "the party of JFK" in 1960. Case-in-point: 88% of African-Americans voted for Kerry in 2004, (link) and 90% of them voted for Gore in 2000. (link) Coincidentally, Obama may have also gotten a higher percentage, but he also was the only of those candidates who also got more than 50% of the popular vote, and likewise, he got a higher percentage of the white vote (43%) than either Gore (42%) or Kerry. (41%)

Digatalas;474893 said:
Well i fully supported Bush, after all, few Americans have died in this war compared with the World Wars. Around 700,000 in WWII, but 5,000 now? i know that is still alot and im not belittling our troops but i think we have been successful overseas. if we didn't fight them there, we would fight them here....
One could point out that the US never suffered a foreign-born terrorist attack on its own soil while anyone but George W. Bush was in office. And 9/11 happened nearly a year into his term, so very obviously the last parts of planning and the actual initiation of the operation took place while he was in office... Quite ostensibly because Al-Qaeda knew how his administration would respond, and wanted that response.

Digatalas;474893 said:
To underlined part: He wouldn't even be president, all the black people that wouldn't have voted, well, wouldn't have voted. But since he was black i firmly believe he got the racial vote.
Remember, again, that African Americans are Americans just as much as you are. And the black vote only raised to 13% this year, instead of 11% as of previous elections. Given that according to Census 2000, approximately 13% of Americans ARE black, that means that this year they voted in proportion to the whites, rather than lagging behind. It's hardly the case that "African-Americans came out and took over."

Digatalas;474899 said:
But those states are also like 60% white too i believe. That was expected though.
Wow, is that a mind-bogglingly uneducated statement. If you'd bother to check before typing up a post, not a single US state has a majority black population. (link) With the exception of Alabama, no other states have as many. (and Alabama only falls below Maryland, which has a high proportion due to the Washington, D.C. area, which has a higher percentage of African-Americans than any other state)

Looking further down the list, you find that there's a lot of states where Obama's margin of victory exceeded that of the percentage of black people, meaning that a majority of WHITE people voted for him:
  • California - 55 (24.07% victory margin vs. 6.55% African-Americans)
  • Colorado - 9 (6.78% vs. 3.70%)
  • Connecticut - 7 (22.22% vs. 8.98%)
  • Delaware - 3 (23.74% vs. 18.99%)
  • District of Columbia - 3 (86.32% vs. 55.6%)
  • Hawaii - 4 (45.14% vs. 1.73%)
  • Illinois - 21 (24.72% vs. 15.01%)
  • Iowa - 7 (9.29% vs. 2.04%)
  • Maine - 4 (27.08% vs. 0.47%)
  • Massachussets - 12 (26.04% vs. 5.31%)
  • Michigan - 17 (16.60% vs. 14.10%)
  • Minnesota - 10 (10.39% vs. 3.41%)
  • Nevada - 5 (12.50% vs. 6.63%)
  • New Hampshire - 4 (10.02% vs. 0.73%)
  • New Jersey - 15 (14.69% vs. 13.40%)
  • New Mexico - 5 (15.05% vs. 1.84%)
  • New York - 31 (25.70% vs. 15.74%)
  • Oregon - 7 (16.49% vs. 1.55%)
  • Pennsylvania - 21 (10.30% vs. 9.87%)
  • Rhode Island - 4 (28.62% vs. 4.32%)
  • Vermont - 3 (35.31% vs. 0.49%)
  • Washington - 11 (17.88% vs. 3.14%)
  • Wisconsin - 10 (13.93% vs. 5.60%)
That means that if every African-American that had voted for Obama simply hadn't voted, Obama still would've had 268 votes, leaving him one vote shy of a tie, and two short of a win Or if we said they'd voted like white people did on average nation-wide, (which was still 43% for Obama, 55% for McCain) then he'd still win in any state where the African-American population is less than 55% of his margin of victory, meaning that he'd also win Maryland, putting him over 270. There was a grand total of SIX states where Obama won, with a margin smaller than the percentage of African-Americans.
  • Maryland - 10 (24.13% vs. 27.72)
  • Ohio - 20 (3.92% vs. 11.35%)
  • Indiana - 11 (0.94% vs. 8.30%)
  • Virginia - 13 (5.57% vs. 19.55%)
  • North Carolina - 15 (0.33% vs. 21.54%)
  • Florida - 27 (2.35% vs. 14.47%)
At any rate, please GTFO out of the Deep South for a while before trying to make a political statement covering anything but your home location. I know you wouldn't last long in a big Northern city, but you really need the experience before you can form an educated opinion about any part of America that's not the Deep South. I used to live there myself once; (New Orleans, where I was born) I'm glad I don't any more.

Digatalas

Knight

Well, I'm not really racist because one of my best friends is black and i don't care about his skin color... I'm just biased i guess to the people in my school and in my town... oh well.

Digatalas;474949 said:
Well, I'm not really racist because one of my best friends is black and i don't care about his skin color... I'm just biased i guess to the people in my school and in my town... oh well.
Well, that's what racism is: a bias. You can still make exceptions for some people that manage to break past your prejudices; i.e, you friend. It works for other things, and other people; for instance, I'm prejudiced against Communists, yet I know a number and am friends with a few.

Kelroth

Wanderer

Digatalas;474893 said:
Well i fully supported Bush, after all, few Americans have died in this war compared with the World Wars. Around 700,000 in WWII, but 5,000 now? i know that is still alot and im not belittling our troops but i think we have been successful overseas. if we didn't fight them there, we would fight them here....

You're comparing 700k of untrained, drafter soldiers to 5000 specialized soldiers who've been trained all their life. This, AND the fact that there have been excessive amounts of military research and considerably new amounts of technologies. You really think that a country like the USA should have troubles wiping out terrorist cells? 5000 is 5000 too many. Comparing a stupid war for oil to WW1 or WW2 is just an insult to Humanity.

Kelroth;475025 said:
You're comparing 700k of untrained, drafter soldiers to 5000 specialized soldiers who've been trained all their life.
Plus, it's worth noting that the actual US military deaths of the war was officially reported as 416,837, noted here. Still a large number, but quite a cry from 700,000.

dxmfixation

Wanderer

Kelroth;474735 said:
If Obama were white, with the same beliefs and values he has, nothing would be different. So give it a rest. That's why there are still racist people out there, they can't understand the concept that skin color is just that, skin color.

Be that as it may or may not be, the fact remains that there are still those who lack the decency to allow something like this to just happen. I personally wish the guy the best and look forward to a few peaceful years, and the opportunity to see if dems can do better than the retard we managed to elect twice before him. That doesn't make me any less skeptical that there will be at least one attempt on his life for the sole reason that he is black.

psz

Administrator

If he does well, great we all benifit, the stock market rises like the Clinton years, the dollar gets stronger, and the rest of the world hates us less. Yay us.

If he does badly, the stock markets fall (already there), the dollar gets weaker (Until September, it was already there... Hmm... Odd coincidence, that), and the world hates us (according to the Fox-Watchers, they already do). He gets voted out. Yay us.

Either way, it's the same old story.

dxmfixation

Wanderer

psz;475046 said:
If he does well, great we all benifit, the stock market rises like the Clinton years, the dollar gets stronger, and the rest of the world hates us less. Yay us.

If he does badly, the stock markets fall (already there), the dollar gets weaker (Until September, it was already there... Hmm... Odd coincidence, that), and the world hates us (according to the Fox-Watchers, they already do). He gets voted out. Yay us.

Either way, it's the same old story.

And that my friends is why I don't give a shit who runs the country. Except for the whole he gets voted out thing... lot of good that did us with Geedub. Thank the founders of this country for a 2 term rule.

Lucifall

Knight

Digatalas;474949 said:

I have a huge prejudice with people that listen and follow the ideas of mainstream rap. In the other hand, I don't have the same attitude with people that listen to underground rap musicians.

I also have a certain induced prejudice/fear that young people that wander the roads are vagabonds and might assault me. In the other hand, I don't have the same fear in regards of the kids I work with. Prejudice is a pre-made template of something. You follow it until you find excepetions.]

As a side note, I hope Obama does well even though I'm not particularly confident he will be able to do so on four years, if he stays in there for said time.

psz

Administrator

dxmfixation;475048 said:
And that my friends is why I don't give a shit who runs the country. Except for the whole he gets voted out thing... lot of good that did us with Geedub. Thank the founders of this country for a 2 term rule.

Bush Jr. had the whole massive "If you vote me out, the terrorists will come a gitcha!" thing going.

psz

Administrator

dxmfixation;475048 said:

Bush Jr. had the whole massive "If you vote me out, the terrorists will come and gitcha!" thing going.

dsavant

Sorceror

why the hell did you go back 2 years just to bump a thread about obama?