UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Explosion Potion Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeltaGreen

Sorceror
Yah...I speed hack....yah....uhm...ok...no?

Yes...I suck cause I use explo pots. Blah Blah Blah. Who cried in the end for the admins to alter the dmg/timing?

Adapt to the pvp nature, or dont even play.

Thanks kids!

Jeebus

Wanderer
Catch?

Explosion pots are a part of the game, and to change the timer actually makes them near impossible to use in PvP as a mage, because if your not casting, then your doing something wrong. And now to time a purple pot in there, well your going to be waiting for the countdown, and dying while waiting.

I'd rather see an 8 sec delay between throwing pots rather than a random timer on when it'll toss. That way you can't catch 3 pots at once. I think that was the real issue? That and the damage amount?

Like one person mentioned though, he who runs deserves to catch a purple pot.

Lord Jeebus watches over you...

The real pvp'ers didn't cry about pots, they adapted to them. This 3-7 seconds is quite a drastic jump to go between to throw something this basically removes them from pvp I think you should have just increased the 5 seconds to 10 seconds so that if someone decided to chase people down using only explo pots one could easily live with the 10 seccond delay no one would be dying to only explosion potions, they could only be used in dumps which can be countered by chugging a heal thus making it balanced, this is my opinion on the matter... that the random fuse should be done away with and set up the 5 second delay to 10.

-edit-

Maybe not 10 seconds, because the timer of the 5 seconds starts when the potion is used so really it's 2 seconds until another can be thrown currently, maybe change it to 8 seconds so that you get the true 5 second delay between throwing the potion.

I don't see why everybody is still complaining\flaming about explosion pots. They have been fixed. The only way they will be effective now is if someone manually throws and that is very respected skill in my opinion.

What I see her is people complaining about potions being sort of cut out from the PvP scene... and then telling everyonelse that they need to adapt to the PvP? Well the way I see it maybe they're the ones in need of adaptation?

Delta, you keep on saying adapt to pvp changes and explosion pots. Take some of your own advice, it's changed yet again, and its taking away most people on this servers I win button.

There's nothing to adapt to now, if you get a 7 second delay time, what are you supposed to do by the time its ready to throw you need to start healing yourself because someone will see "7, 6, 5" and just start dumping, making you cancel out of throwing it, thus having it hit you with the damage it deals and leading to your death.

I just joined factions tonight, killed 4 people died once, but every person i fought was a pot thrower. Its funny, when I chug they laugh and try and run claiming that I was chugging. Of course, they use thier pots I'll use mine.

DeltaGreen

Sorceror
Pots were invented for a reason. Period.

I say adapt, because - like so, now that pots are changed, ill easily adapt to it. Easy as that. Will I cry to the admins? No. I'll live w/ it and stay how I am. Its not my fault you cant survive a dump.

Awesome change in my opinion. Allowing them to still do damage on a manual count is greatly better than having no skill hacks running around using razor to do it all for them. Look, whats always said about trammel? About OSI giving everything to them so they need no skill to survive? Well now you need skill to use exp pots. So learn them and adapt.

And if you're a good PvPer in some people's opinions, you can adapt to anything. So only the good pvpers will use pots now, and not everyone with razor/krrios (like there is anyone who pvps who doesn't use one of these)

Galgum

Page
This change isn't really so bad. I mean, sure the timer is now randomized so you gotta toss it, perferably before 3 just in case you get the lesser end of the timer. That's the only real downside, you can't time them anymore because you won't know how long your timer is. It may sound ridiculous (not rediculous like how I often see it), but maybe make it so you know how long your timer is so we can better use our target last buttons? Just a thought.

I say roll with it, unless there's a huge uprising like when reds weren't allowed in the dueling arenas, it probably won't be restored.

Multitasker

Wanderer
Better ways to fix the problem: Lower damage or increase the interval timer between each pot (someone mentioned the same as a heal pot as an example.) Random timers would be ALRIGHT if it wasnt 7.25 seconds, someone can exp exp FS u in 7.25 seconds while you're holding a pot waiting to throw it for 30 dmg max. You changed the timer to over TWICE the normal amount, making alchemy basically only quite useful on dexers since they dont have to cast. But im going to try to make the best of it even if its damned lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.