UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Explosion Potion Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

druid311

Wanderer
Can't wait to see all those newbie gankers go down in 5 seconds now that there INSTANT DEATH BUTTON doesn't work anymore.

Amen, peace Elton and your crew(ganked by 6 with 6 exp pots chasing me 2 screens away, this was before when pots followed)

RxxOr

Wanderer
meh...multitasker sux and is wrong. people like delta/com are gonna gank u with or without pots cause they suck teh balls all day. what makes u think pots are pvp at all in the first place. shit in any game, the word pot is usually considered cheap. diablo= u drank a pot and ur gay no one will fight u. fight like a warrior faggots

FLAME ON!!

FrEeQ-hybrid

Sorceror
Quit your bitching, bitches.

Go work another skill if you're upset about having to spend a whole 10 minutes to GM alchemy.

I myself don't need to worry because I don't have any alchemist chars other then my mule which I don't think you'll see running through brit throwing pots at people and owning people with my pick axe and shovel.

DeltaGreen

Sorceror
Yep, everyone can say I suck at pvp...I was healing/stun BEFORE I realized pots are godly. So guess what!?!?!? I gm'd alchemy and dropped healing..OMGOSH NO WAY! yah way. I must suck sooooo bad in pvp like some of you state, but that is besides the issue of you whining about pots because you die every 5 minutes. Maybe your the ones who suck at pvp..? Hrm...what a concept.

Juvenile

Wanderer
Hey now purple pots is something to complain about ... Not ganking. Ganking is like forever apart of UO. It's something not even the best scripter or coder cant take out off UO. >:
If you complain about ganking on the fourms, follow these instructions
1. Get gasoline
2. Pour directly onself, covering the whole body
3. Get lighter/match or any flammable item
4. Apply to self.
5. And die irl asap.
Dont even bother bitching about ganking on fourms, keep it on the game. Everyone who gets ganked always gets revenge some time, some how ... It's a fact.

Xandra

Wanderer
DeltaGreen said:
Its part of the game.

I'll admit I die from them alot, but I dont cry because I die from them.

Keep up w/ the game, or dont play here.

Common fuckin sense.

- Keep flaming me, I dont care fyi.

What its part of the game? no its a fucking buged out way to chuck pots im glad this timers here.

druid311

Wanderer
Ganking is like forever apart of UO. It's something not even the best scripter or coder cant take out off UO. If you complain about ganking on the fourms, follow these instructions (die i rl, etc)

if you were talking about my post I would like to state:
yes ganking is part of the game but wouldnt u think its BS when 6 people(your by yourself)all throw an exp pot that chases you like 2 screens away and they all hit u and kill you? thats why im glad that they changed EXP pots, I was going to make my alchemist throw them eventually too but i never imagined that 6 people would overgank me like that for no reason Oh look its (character name here) OMG hes coming right for us!!! *all throw pots, all precast exp or ebolt* as if i was the champion in pvp(far from it) they act like I'm the biggest threat in the game(not close to it) and no I will NEVER get revenge on Elton or his 5 friends, some people cant ever die at least not by me, chug chug, gate opens 5 blues, and 1v1 I doubt I'd win also, chug chug, clang clang clang dead, this be why im still on my no-uo vacation :)
dont flame on btw for me, im just tellin it like it is sometimes

RxxOr

Wanderer
yeah, beh get ur shit straight before u try. i wasnt talking about ganking is a prob in anyway. deal with being ganked the game would be no fun at all if u couldnt kill in packs. but what u MISSED, cause ur to provoked to flame and fuckin run ur cocksuckers, is that people like who i was referring to and tlaking about, suck at fighting period, hence, pots, also, why they will only travel in packs. Im not whining about gank, im callin them out for a duel since u ONLY see them in packs.

FLAME ON!!
and dont fail at it this time.

strtrk

Wanderer
Rise Against said:
yeah, beh get ur shit straight before u try. i wasnt talking about ganking is a prob in anyway. deal with being ganked the game would be no fun at all if u couldnt kill in packs. but what u MISSED, cause ur to provoked to flame and fuckin run ur cocksuckers, is that people like who i was referring to and tlaking about, suck at fighting period, hence, pots, also, why they will only travel in packs. Im not whining about gank, im callin them out for a duel since u ONLY see them in packs.

FLAME ON!!
and dont fail at it this time.

people have friends and like hanging out with them. Me for example, killing your newbie ass doesnt keep me playing uo. the friends i hang out with, and the new friends i make keep me playing uo. So dont get mad if I only like to play when they're on. Not everyone is anti social like you, some actually make friends playing this game.

So if you dont like the way we group fight, DON'T BE OUR ENEMY. join a war/chaos guild or hang around the duel pits since you love to solo so much.

Well, I can still throw explo pots as good as I used to, except by the time I have someone at low enough health, by the time the pot is even remotely close to throw at them to where it will do damage while running they are either already combo'ing me and I have to cancel the pot and heal myself only to have it hit me within a matter of seconds sometimes leading to future death or they hit full health and I do manage to hit them with it. I have decided to drop alchemy and go with inscribe.

drucifer

Wanderer
youre missing the picture.. this now requires people to use just a little bit of thought and technique to use these.. as mark and another guy said, it kills the idea of people and newbies just running aorund hitting 2 buttons, exp pot macro, last target

uo is oversimplistic, thats what makes it fun. explain to me how a dexer (double clicking on a target and chasing them around the screen) takes more thought than casting spells and throwing a potion. Take your bullshit opinions and put some thought into them before posting your garbage.

Yes I already quit prior to this nerf and my opinion doesnt matter because of this. You people think that adding a "random" timer will fix the problem? Do you honestly think so? How long do you think it will take to code an easyuo macro to match the timer that counts down? Hmm..good thinking. Glad all you great pvpists know whats best for everything in the game :)

Carebears to the rescue. Now if you guys added a ninja class to the server, I might think about rejoining.....

mattfoley

Sorceror
as a purple pot user i like the change cause i can still hit almost everytime

i hear people cryin "you wont be able to use them" blah blah blah

the whole point of this was so people couldnt just push a button and watch 3, 2, *pot throw* 1 insta hit target 100% of the tim unless they get around a corner.

this actually makes it good I have never used the macro to throw the pot i have always timed it out when to throw it and gotten pretty good.

So as a dexxer i still am able to use the pots effectivley. as for mages u can still use them just can use them in the middle of the combo like lameasses...

just use them when chasing down someone thats when they are most effective anyways.

I for one am very pleased with this change so people dont just push a button and bam insta 30 dmg. Now they have to actually time it and actually earn the damage because of timing skills.

Yolord

Wanderer
couldn't this be a bad thing?

the very change of this could very well nullify all use of explosion potions in pvp. sure in osi uo explosion potions are crap, no one use's them in pvp at all. unless they are killing someone who is afk. :rolleyes: not that i have ever done that :rolleyes:

but in uogamers. explosion potions are used often. hold em for 3 seconds and then throw them so to hit the person chasing u or to do the killing blow to an immobile person because of lack of stamina thanks to those beutiful crushing blows that macers wield.

but since now there is a random fuse time the person will never know when to throw them. could be right on time or take forever to blow up after thrown or blow up in hand. who wants the latter to happen? not me...

but what im saying is sure i voted to have the damage for the potions to be more. not for the timer of the potions to be longer. im not bad mouthing the decision made but it doesn't sound like a stable idea. the 3 second thing is awesome. just if they did more damage. im sure that if they are crafted by a GM alch then of course the damage would be better but what about those of us who dont know any GM alch's and are too busy tied up in pvp to make another character to make a GM alch and have to settle for the crappy ones we buy from the NPCs? then we are screwed. many times have those useless purple pots baught at the alchimist has settled many disagreements and gave me and others the upper hand in a fight.

this sounds like an excuse for people to use para explode attacks on people. but instead its para explode *throw purple* cast explode e-bolt. mana dump kill. eeeek sounds fatal.

what if instead of the timer, set up something like depending on the crafter of said potion determines the amount of damage done with the potions. kinda like exceptionaly made potions and then GM potions and then of course GM exceptionally made potions. this would influence characters to make more alch's. this would be a script that zippy would probably find interesting.

anyways just extending some piece of mind. looking to get a message back. wanna hear some feedback.

just some ideas :)
Korthose

Yolord

Wanderer
so wait u can see the timer, thats even worse. then the attacking character will know exacly how long he has to either get out of range or to kill the character preparing to lob the potion. this makes things even worse.

Kurdy-hybrid

Wanderer
so wait u can see the timer, thats even worse. then the attacking character will know exacly how long he has to either get out of range or to kill the character preparing to lob the potion. this makes things even worse.
Someone can use STRATEGY to avoid damage? Holy hell we can't allow that!

terathan33

Wanderer
korthose said:
the very change of this could very well nullify all use of explosion potions in pvp. sure in osi uo explosion potions are crap, no one use's them in pvp at all. unless they are killing someone who is afk. :rolleyes: not that i have ever done that :rolleyes:

but in uogamers. explosion potions are used often. hold em for 3 seconds and then throw them so to hit the person chasing u or to do the killing blow to an immobile person because of lack of stamina thanks to those beutiful crushing blows that macers wield.

but since now there is a random fuse time the person will never know when to throw them. could be right on time or take forever to blow up after thrown or blow up in hand. who wants the latter to happen? not me...

but what im saying is sure i voted to have the damage for the potions to be more. not for the timer of the potions to be longer. im not bad mouthing the decision made but it doesn't sound like a stable idea. the 3 second thing is awesome. just if they did more damage. im sure that if they are crafted by a GM alch then of course the damage would be better but what about those of us who dont know any GM alch's and are too busy tied up in pvp to make another character to make a GM alch and have to settle for the crappy ones we buy from the NPCs? then we are screwed. many times have those useless purple pots baught at the alchimist has settled many disagreements and gave me and others the upper hand in a fight.

this sounds like an excuse for people to use para explode attacks on people. but instead its para explode *throw purple* cast explode e-bolt. mana dump kill. eeeek sounds fatal.

what if instead of the timer, set up something like depending on the crafter of said potion determines the amount of damage done with the potions. kinda like exceptionaly made potions and then GM potions and then of course GM exceptionally made potions. this would influence characters to make more alch's. this would be a script that zippy would probably find interesting.

anyways just extending some piece of mind. looking to get a message back. wanna hear some feedback.

just some ideas :)
Korthose

Everyone that used to use potions was a gm alchimist. No one wanted the damage to INCREASE. They were nerfed bec ause they did to much damage and were used to often. Potions already have a way of being made exceptional. See it goes like this lesser expo, expo and greater expo. If you voted for damage on potions to be more, well you're clueless.

Status
Not open for further replies.