UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Explosion Potion Change

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i guess no one will be buying my explosion kegs anymore? :) yay!.....
Also, I've been the victim of exlosion pots many time. It wasen't the timer, it was the damage. and a 3-7 second random timer is rediculous, you'll never ever be able to use em. Hell, not even for pvm are they any use.

Galgum

Page
Ok, about the timer thing, I forgot that it counts DOWN. Guess that shows I'm not an avid pot user :p

Also, is the fix in yet? I just tossed about 5 pots all counting down from 3. Nevermind, effective at server restart.

For the love of GOD people, it's spelled, "Ridiculous" not "Redeculous" or any other WRONG variation. Sorry, that just bothers me.

Galgum said:
For the love of GOD people, it's spelled, "Ridiculous" not "Redeculous" or any other WRONG variation. Sorry, that just bothers me.

mm, thnx spelelin bea, ill remember that if i ever catch you off guard with something like:
WoW, you're atension spane is rediculously shoret. Iff u payd moore atension too teh gaem thin u woodent hav dyd sew eesilie.

:D

chupo

Wanderer
Lets be honest here. Anyone that doesn't like the way this nerf was handled wants to still use their razor/krrios macro. There is no other reason that I can think of not to like the random timer. I personally like this timer, even tho I use the macro. Nerf on staff!

I have posted this exact thing once, and I will do it again just to see what people think about it:

The real pvp'ers didn't cry about pots, they adapted to them. This 3-7 seconds is quite a drastic jump to go between to throw something this basically removes them from pvp I think you should have just increased the 5 seconds to 10 seconds so that if someone decided to chase people down using only explo pots one could easily live with the 10 seccond delay no one would be dying to only explosion potions, they could only be used in dumps which can be countered by chugging a heal thus making it balanced, this is my opinion on the matter... that the random fuse should be done away with and set up the 5 second delay to 10.

-edit-

Maybe not 10 seconds, because the timer of the 5 seconds starts when the potion is used so really it's 2 seconds until another can be thrown currently, maybe change it to 8 seconds so that you get the true 5 second delay between throwing the potion.

Suzaku said:
Awesome change in my opinion. Allowing them to still do damage on a manual count is greatly better than having no skill hacks running around using razor to do it all for them. Look, whats always said about trammel? About OSI giving everything to them so they need no skill to survive? Well now you need skill to use exp pots. So learn them and adapt.

And if you're a good PvPer in some people's opinions, you can adapt to anything. So only the good pvpers will use pots now, and not everyone with razor/krrios (like there is anyone who pvps who doesn't use one of these)

This is my responce to your post Kurupt, which I am reposting in responce to your repost. You claim to be a real pvper, so don't whine. Adapt and deal with the change. Don't use razor to automate everything for you. Or hire a scripter to make a script to pvp for you if you think you need it now.

As a matter of fact, I use Krrios which sadly forces me to manually throw my pots, I would gladly admit if I used macros as I would be proud to do so but, the fact is that's not the case. The problem I am stating about all of this is simply they cannot be used for pvp with the current change, because I am sure that you will get alot more 5-7 countdowns than 3's because this was how they were changed, if you are looking to kill a dragon with no regs, I suppose this is the way to go but, being on the field and trying to get one off in a simple dump and casting an explosion then having to wait 7 seconds, someone would see "7, 6" then say well, I'll just start casting on him and wait for it to hit him because he obviously either has to cancel it out making it hit himself, or throw it away either way the other person wins because someone tried to do some extra damage. If the timer to throw them was increased it would fix the problem of spamming no one would be killed by explosion pots alone unless it was a res kill or they simply had to way of healing at all a longer delay other than 5 seconds would have them only used in dumps where as having a random fuse timer from 3 to 7 seconds seems more in favor to kill the person trying to use them, I don't know how else to get my point across, I don't even know if this is all worded right but, I'm giving it my best shot.

Roman-hybrid

Wanderer
Sifu Chang suggested this very same thing about 3 or 4 months ago and i think its a great idea!!
Now to all you bastards who relied on your explo pots to fight...cya on the field.

Nicoladen

Wanderer
This change effects mages the most. Mages rely on the timer (macro) to handle the explo pots for them so they can concentrate on their dumps. Dexxers can still use them for their added damage, since they dont need to time spells etc.

I dont get it...before I found the templates to be pretty balanced. However, since I suck at pvp'ing, evreytime I face a pot throwing dexxer I will lose. I dont see this changing with this nerf. (ok he could be throwing water flasks and I would probably still lose...thats another issue :p ) My point is. To me this benefits Dexxers more than it nerfs.

My guess is that you wont see any serious mages using explo pots for damage anymore. Simply because you need to manually time them, causing you to miss out on casting a spell.

Oh...and flame away (I noticed most had this at the bottom of their posts and I dont want to feel left out :p )

MentalityTC

Wanderer
The only reason why most of us that use explo pots use them is because people run constantly. We didn't work a skill just to see it get nerfed :/ Whatever theres ways around everything.

Mr.Mischief

Sorceror
Alchemy took me all of 6 minutes to GM on my mule.

Besides, its not like they nerfed heals, cures and tr's. Your alchey is still worth it, just not for PvP.

Juvenile

Wanderer
Very good call

Now this makes explsion potions still effetive, but people cant be newbies with them and depend on them to be good in pvp. Very good call by the staff.

Ataris

Wanderer
youre missing the picture.. this now requires people to use just a little bit of thought and technique to use these.. as mark and another guy said, it kills the idea of people and newbies just running aorund hitting 2 buttons, exp pot macro, last target

Oh Es Eye

Wanderer
Osi

Personally I like this change, but like Delta said you have to adapt. I don't mind adapting to PvPing as long as it doesn't become as gay as OSI servers have made it. This change just means it's time to adapt again for pot-chuckers. It also makes it so if a player wants to throw pots then they will have to time it themselves which I find to add to the skill of it. If someone can time it perfectly continuously then let them have that 30 or so extra damage. <3

Juvenile

Wanderer
No ... this was a perfect fix. See the only way for people to do 30 dmg from pots is to have GM Alchemy. So the damage is fine because it uses a skill slot. Each skill has there own advantages. So now people can still get the bonus damage from the skill and use it for like Pvm or w/e floats there boat. The only pvp these will be good for is possibly faction raids in bases. And btw Delta doesent need purple pots to duel good <3 Delta! But alot of people who use them do. :)

DeltaGreen

Sorceror
Yay....We cant pvp no more w/o our pots...nooooooooo x 100.

Crying won in the end..

- <3 juve / oh es eye.

- Can I get a shout out to nacho supremezor.

strtrk

Wanderer
The worst way to go about nerfing them.. nothing else in UO has a random timer so it makes no sense. I say they should nerf damage by making armor resist the explosion.

A random timer isn't going to stop the macro users :( just last night i heard sifu chang discussing in irc how to make a new macro.

but oh well, they nerfed explosion potions yet again... maybe now you'll have a chance when you decide to run.... not!
I'll catch up and stun you.

You all are still going down unless they nerf ebolts because of you whiners.

edit: And chucking a potion while holding a 2 handed weapon still doesn't make sense to me

Status
Not open for further replies.