UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Faction Reset

Should factions be reset on January 1st, 2010?

• Yes

Votes: 205 77.7%
  • No

Votes: 10 3.8%
  • I Don't Care

Votes: 49 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

WaRgAzM

Knight
Re: Faction Reset

Primal Fury;2004101 said:
Yes please kick everyone off the faction stones. I'm intrested in seeing how many people actualy still play them

Well not so much play them. But how many people have chars put in to buy resources.

the reset wont do much....a big help would be limiting one faction per IP to prevent faction hoping...im guilty of playing two myself but one is just for solo'ing and working on my fielding abilities..it might bring more PvP based around the sigils....or just all the big named guys will join one faction and it will be like it is now....but i shall vote yes for the reset anyhow...

WOULD THIS MEAN THAT IF YOU HAVE USED THE FACTION SYSTEM TO TURN A CHARACTOR BLUE, YOU WOULD BE ABLE TO USE IT AGAIN ON THE SAME ACCT?

How would a reset not help? Faction points would actually mean something instead of people sitting in the pits to farm points from inactive factioners.. you'll actually have to work for points, and you wont get 4000 for killing one player thats farmed all their points..

Those who points dont matter obviously never played OSI when Factions were big, everyone is so use to seeing people with 3,000 points here, of course they arent going to matter rofl

Van Dam

Sorceror

I am sure if the developers decided to make something new to rival factions , it would turn some heads and alot of older players would ATLEAST return for a little while to try the new system.

WaRgAzM

Knight

I don't faction but I still think changing it to just 2 Factions could be fun/ Definately more Action and team work. But then again. team hopping would be just as easy....

Addicted

Disciple

HOLY CRAP;2004091 said:
what will happen to my crafted factions weapons if the reset takes place? will I have to remake them because that would sorta suck since I just remade all of mine...

Well you got almost 2 weeks to use your weapons between now and then.

Looking at the poll results, I wouldn't be crafting anything new.

Van Dam

Sorceror

59 people voted yes. if we can find a pvp system to make 45 of them happy we could have some pretty gnarly fights on our hands. either way still <3 uog keep doing what ur doing guys, quality work.

conan-hybrid

Wanderer

wait, the only reason i voted reset was cause i thought this meant changing the faction system, if its just points, then no i dont care. i hate the faction system as it is.

Van Dam

Sorceror

Maybe we can get a poll about trying something new or keeping same system? im intrested to see how it will turn out. 135 people voted so far. We definetly have alot of potential here

sanchen

Knight

Van Dam;2004400 said:
Maybe we can get a poll about trying something new or keeping same system? im intrested to see how it will turn out. 135 people voted so far. We definetly have alot of potential here

this would be a great idea id like to see some changes if there where i would prolly play more then i do now

InfamousRO

Wanderer

Here are some good ideas to help restore the faction system...

1. Only 1 IP per Faction.

2. Only allow faction members to be resurrected at shrines, fellow faction members or faction controlled towns. (will help increase the need to have captured towns).

3. Change the voting system on faction stones to 1 per IP.

4. Non-Faction members "cannot" heal faction members. You can only be healed by yourself or other faction members. (This can stem cheating where blues are healing a faction member). To make this a little less harsh, only when faction member is in combat with another faction member.

5. Monthly Point Reset, this will prevent farming of points since every 30 days it will reset.

This is just a few ideas.

InfamousRO;2004985 said:
4. Non-Faction members "cannot" heal faction members. You can only be healed by yourself or other faction members. (This can stem cheating where blues are healing a faction member). To make this a little less harsh, only when faction member is in combat with another faction member.
This is just a few ideas.

once again, if u played factions to begin with, you would know you already cant heal a factioner with a non factioner. ffs. peeps that only play factions should have a say so in this matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.