UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Football World Cup 2010

SirSotam

Sorceror
Re: Football World Cup 2010

im loving to see we have more cheers backing us up...
i really dont know if were gonna pass the groups.. we got into a very complicated group, and for sure it will only be decided in the end if we pass or no... Lets just say portugal does the things the last moment way.

Anyway, i want the watch all England games, it'll promiss a lot...
Not that confident about France.

Fana

Wanderer

Lars Deich;670637 said:
Good point.

I foresee Germany, France, Italy, Portugal and Brazil as the best five.

Finals will be Brazil vs. one of them.

And there's a good chance of Brazil losing. (like the France 3 - 0 Brazil fiasco on 98)
why do people foresee Portugal at best 5 ??

Portugal has never won or came close to wining anything , and just in the last 10 years became regulars in worldcup .

their media worshipped player is not the type of player that makes a difference in an entire team and cannot and wont carry portuguese team on his back alone
maybe this year they will do better with another brazilian joining their team since portugal biggest flaw was their attack.

but its still not a favorite just another upcoming team like anyother without traditions, so i dont get why people see portugal as expected to do good.

i just hope the corruption doesnt ruin the matches , i stopped caring if Brazil wins , and its a pride only brazilians understand to have brazil win a cup because we grow up with it, but the quality of the competition has gone down sooooo much it just became boring when you see a team that has everything to win best players etc lose because they are not playing or trying to win because of some deal under the table.

Peen8902000

Wanderer

looking it over the brazil grouping is amazing for the sport

you have names like Ronaldo,Kaka.Maicon,Drogba etc. all in one grouping in a world class stage should bring alot of people to watch who may not necessary watch it to see the best in the world compete with each other.

the sad part of this is alot of these players wont ever make it out of the first round of this tournament.

my prediction Brazil or Argentina vs Spain or Germany

(cant see portugal being able to handle brazil tbh)

gugutz

Knight

I'm betting it will be Brasil vs Italy / England / Portugal.
Although Brasil has a considerably sized history of going from being the best team on the cup and turning out to be a big deception near/in the finals.

@Fana: the reason is because Portugal has a very sweet team and actually has a chance of winning. Not on Cristiano Emo-naldo alone, but the entire team is pretty good.

@New Deity: Italy, weak? Its one of the best teams in the world, and was ALWAYS a hard match against any team. I wouldn't bet on Argentina. Their team is weak and barely made it to the cup. If they don't change something drastically, they will be eliminated right on the initial games.

Anyhow, being a brazilian, i'm betting on Brasil. But lots of teams do have a great chance of winning.
Thats the great thing about soccer.

In a basketball tournament, you can only hope for your team to win the 2nd place, because the 1st place the entire world know whos gonna nail it..

D-Nox

Knight

You guys are forgetting to mention Spain.
Imo the final will be between brazil/spain/england/portugal.

Fana;675187 said:
why do people foresee Portugal at best 5 ??

Portugal has never won or came close to wining anything , and just in the last 10 years became regulars in worldcup .

their media worshipped player is not the type of player that makes a difference in an entire team and cannot and wont carry portuguese team on his back alone
maybe this year they will do better with another brazilian joining their team since portugal biggest flaw was their attack.

but its still not a favorite just another upcoming team like anyother without traditions, so i dont get why people see portugal as expected to do good.

i just hope the corruption doesnt ruin the matches , i stopped caring if Brazil wins , and its a pride only brazilians understand to have brazil win a cup because we grow up with it, but the quality of the competition has gone down sooooo much it just became boring when you see a team that has everything to win best players etc lose because they are not playing or trying to win because of some deal under the table.

I think that isnt really the problem, brazilian players recieve a stupidly low ammount of cash to play in the cup, so have been said (compared to their actual wager)

About Portugal, last cups i've seen they have played pretty well imo.

Both Brasil and Portugal on the same group, along with Korea and Côte D'Ivore... Seems like Brasil and Portugal are the winners on the G group lol

D-Nox

Knight

Ageless Venomous;675545 said:
I think that isnt really the problem, brazilian players recieve a stupidly low ammount of cash to play in the cup, so have been said (compared to their actual wager)

Both Brasil and Portugal on the same group, along with Korea and Côte D'Ivore... Seems like Brasil and Portugal are the winners on the G group lol

I wouldnt be so sure about that. Côte D'Ivoire is the current african champion.

Fana

Wanderer

Ageless Venomous;675545 said:

yeah id say on top of what i say they also receive shit pay, but that would go for brazilian Cops as well so :p

u mean the cup where they got eliminated and one of the players punched a referee?

portugal only done well on the last 2 or 3 european cups and in the last world cup.

portugal team was well organized under scolari , but the only good thing about portugal team is that at least they run and try even tho they run wrong at least it looks like their trying .

but i still dont think portugal has chance in title, not with so many teams that are high level nowadays. portugal will struggle for second place on the group IF they get it.

Fana;675567 said:
yeah id say on top of what i say they also receive shit pay, but that would go for brazilian Cops as well so :p

Thats why a good ammount of them are either corrupt fuckfaces or just fuckfaces with an badass attitude... :eek:

And everyone once in a while wants to punch a referee... I can forgive that :p

Oaks

Knight

About a month left before it kicks off, can't wait. Good excuse to go to the pub with a bunch of mates and dress up like an idiot supporting my country.

Oaks

Knight

Any 2 teams are good for me in the final as long as they play with style without the need for diving to secure penalties and such nonsense. I want to see great football matches (last euro cup had some amazing ones).

Lerellian

Sorceror

One of the participants of the final will be Germany.
And the potential winner, too...

ALEX_CARDO;740222 said:
Argentina-France, that`s the final in my opinion.
3rd,4th place : Italy, Portugal, Brazil(Yes, I know they have fantastic team but i still think they won't be the winner), England, Spain, Russia

Conan22

Page

Dunga, the brasilian coach, will bring to this cup the worse Brasil Team I've seen in the last 15 years. Kaka is the only star in this team. Brasil have good footballers, but Dunga will not bring our greatest stars.

But I still think Brasil will be the champion, or, at least, reach semi-finals. We have a consistent team, we know how to play a world cup, and we have the tradition.

jaasso

Knight

Conan22;741466 said:
Dunga, the brasilian coach, will bring to this cup the worse Brasil Team I've seen in the last 15 years. Kaka is the only star in this team. Brasil have good footballers, but Dunga will not bring our greatest stars.

But I still think Brasil will be the champion, or, at least, reach semi-finals. We have a consistent team, we know how to play a world cup, and we have the tradition.

i dont understand why ronaldinho was left out, he had such a great season. i hope brazil will reach semi-finals at least, always liked their football