UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Good Day Demise

Good Day Demise

OOC:

Many years ago when I didn't have a family and played lots of UO, I used to create a daily thread on my shards forum. It was a great way to get people introduced to role playing and keep in touch with shard friends as well as meet new shard inhabitants.

Well, I play UO again after my few year sabbatical and am proud to call Demise my home. As I am a bit over 30 days now I thought it would be a good time to introduce this thread and see how it plays out. Without any further adieu...

RP:

*walks into the tavern and notices the rather grim lack of patrons and serious lack of tavern keeper*

Hmm...things need to change *he mumbles to himself*

*Takes a position behind the bar and begins cleaning things up*

Well, here goes...

Good Day Demise, please have a seat, good conversation and a warm beverage to take the chill off of your weary bones.

*moves to the back of the tavern finding a broom to sweep up some of the dust*

Bjorg

Wanderer
Re: Good Day Demise

*noticing the light shining in the grimy windows of the old abandoned tavern, Wrongway stomps in out of the cold with hope in his eyes*

*bursting through the door and looking around*

Hail! Anyone here? Barkeep... how 'bout an ale for a weary traveler?

*tosses a gold coin on the grimy bar*

*pulling his cloak around his shoulders to ward off the cold, Wrongway settles down on a bar stool and waits on his ale*

*glances at the wayward traveler as he enters the tavern, pleased with a patron*

Well g'day friend, 'tis nice to see a warm body 'roud these parts.

*pulls a mug from the rack and fills it to the brim with ale straight from the barrel's tap*

I think this is the stuff you are looking for.

*slides the glass in front of the man and relaxes his stance behind the bar*

What brings you through these parts?

Bjorg

Wanderer

*catches the mug as it slides in from of him*
*eyeing the barkeep warily and lifting the mug to his lips, Wrongway takes a deep draught of ale*
*wiping his mouth on his sleeve, he seems to relax a little and answers*

Looking for some thieves and cut throats that have been active around Britain as of late. You hear of any trouble around here of these sorts?

*taking another drink of ale, Wrongway looks around the bar carefully. He sees that the place is quite dusty. Only two sets of prints in the dust on the floor. One is his and the other leads around to the back of the bar. Eyeing the bartender again, he begins to wonder if this is really the owner of the establishment. Turning slightly on his bar stool he positions himself to keep one eye on the barkeep and another on the door.*

OOC: Wrongway examines the barkeep closely. What would he see in the way of clothing/armor/weapons?

*watches as the man drinks his refreshment and places a few towels out in case he wishes to use cloth other than what he dons to clean himself*

I hear tell of many troubles in these parts and all over, friend. It is the times...they are not the best. 'tis how I obtained this establishment at such a song, the government took it over when it fell to default and was pleased to take my money for it given how long it sat with their treasury department. Of course we all know many a thief in the government itself...

*grins slightly at the empty glass, motions with his hand to offer another*

Another to keep you warm my good man?

*continues cleaning glasses and dusting the shelves as his patron relaxes in the bar stool*

Bjorg;509500 said:
OOC: Wrongway examines the barkeep closely. What would he see in the way of clothing/armor/weapons?

OOC: No weapons or armor of any sort, visibly anyhow. Current dress is a plain muted robe, brown to dark brown and sandels. Nothing for the head but grayish white hair. He looks older but not infirm or crippeld.

Bjorg

Wanderer

*smiles broadly* *throws several gold coins on the bar*

"Don't mind if I do... and keep em coming till I either pass out or find a wench to keep me warm for the night."

*Not seeing any imminent signs of danger, Wrongway relaxes a bit*

Aye, the government employees are a bunch of thieves, but they ain't the kind I'm looking for. Some cut throats killed my parents years ago, and took everything of value from the house. I've been looking for them ever since. I hear there have been some thieves operating sporadically around the old moongate near Britain in the old world. I'm hoping to catch them in the act. They sound like the type who might have been behind my parent's killing.

I noticed recently when I was out on patrol, there was a wagon burning north west of Britain. I have also heard rumors of some thieving happening in Britain itself. Have you heard any of these stories?

Oh, and by the way, my name's Robert... but my friends call me Wrongway. *Sticks out hand and smiles broadly*

OOC: Wrongway is dressed in well crafted leather armor died a forest green. He has a dagger in his belt and the tip of a bow sticking out from under his cloak. You see what might be a quiver bulging beneath his cloak. He is tall and thin. Golden hair, slightly disheveled, hanging down over his shoulders. He is rugged and handsome in spite of a few scars on his face and neck which speak of battles long past.

*grins at the welcomed patronage*

I'll keep 'em coming and if you do pass out I assume your horse knows the way home?

*continues cleaning and shelving some glasses as the man continues to speak*

Well met Wrongway, my name is Viktor but my friends generally call me Vik for short.

*takes the mans hand and returns his smile, a nice frim grip between them before releasing*

A strong hand shake, I like that. We all know you can tell a lot about a person in that one gesture.

*leans back against the counter and looks as if he is in thought*

Hmm... burning wagons and theives in Britian proper? I heard a rumor but shrugged it off as rambling.

*you notice him make a quick glance to something across the room and then return to his thoughts*

I suppose of these stories hold any truth it is good the land has someone such as yourself to seek an end to their activities. I am sorry to hear about your parents, even if it was some time ago something like that never goes away.

Here *hands the man another ale* on the house...

Bjorg

Wanderer

*after shaking hands with Vic, Wrongway glances in the direction he saw that Vic was looking. Listening to his words of condolence, Wrongway lapses into what appears to be a trance that lasts a "VERY" long time."

*shaking himself back to the present, Wrongway suddenly rises ignoring the fresh ale that has been placed beside him and the gold he left laying on the bar*

Heading for the door, he says, "Keep your head down, Vic..."

*pausing at the door, he looks back at the ale still sitting on the bar*

I might be needing that... *crossing quickly back to the bar, he lifts the mug and downs the ale*

*wink* "We'll meet again, Vic"

Whirling around with his cape billowing behind him, Wrongway exits the tavern in a few long strides.

The sounds of a horse galloping into the night can be heard from outside.

*is startled at first by Wrongway's abrupt motions*

Hmm...

*nods as the man verbalizing a quick formality for his departure*

*after Wrongway departs, he walks to the door and peers into the darkness, trying to discern what caused his patron to leave so suddenly. Not being able to find anything, he returns to the bar and commenses his duties*

Ohh well...I might hear about it next time he is in.

Bjorg;517442 said:
*again Wrongway walks into the bar*

OUCH!

*walks in to the bar and looks around, noticing but a few people about*

Ahh...it is good to be back.

Wrongway my good man! *he exclaims*

An ale to get you going?

Bjorg

Wanderer

*nods at Victor*

Where ya been Vic? Thought maybe they had run ye off already. Got some bandages? I seem to be leaking.

*takes the offer of an ale and tosses it down while wincing a little in pain*

How about a rum chaser? I think I'm going to needing something stronger.

And I'm hungry... anything to eat around here?

OOC: reference http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106644

Bjorg;519800 said:
*nods at Victor*

Where ya been Vic? Thought maybe they had run ye off already. Got some bandages? I seem to be leaking.

*takes the offer of an ale and tosses it down while wincing a little in pain*

How about a rum chaser? I think I'm going to needing something stronger.

And I'm hungry... anything to eat around here?

OOC: reference http://www.uodemise.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106644

*watches the man bleeding on the furnishings*

Goodness man, trouble finds you well doesn't it?

*goes to the back room and returns with a stack of fresh bandages*

Here ye go, try these on for size, if you need more I'll see what I can dig up.

I'll pour you a glass but me thinks you might use it on the wound for sterilization so it'll be the cheap stuff. Devils Springs vodka....seriously strong...and cheap too.

I have been known to cook now and then, what is your pleasure? I've a friend who has been spending too much time in Destard, do dragon steaks interest you?

Bjorg

Wanderer

Thanks Vic,
*removes the leather armor from his chest revealing a deep puncture wound in his side*

*taking the bandages he pours some of the vodka on the open wound and downs the rest*

*grimmacing a bit, Wrongway expertly dresses the wound with the bandages, stopping the bleeding. Wiping the excess blood off his armor, he puts it back on.*

Bjorg isn't going to be happy with me for messing up this armor... but he can probably fix it.

Got any Sausages and potatoes you can fry up for me? Maybe saute'
a few mushrooms and onions in there with it? That would be nice.

*gingerly repositioning himself on the bar stool*

Sorry about the abrupt departure earlier... looked out the window and saw a face I recognized. He saw me looking at him and he hightailed it out of here. I chased him down and finally caught him. Twas one of them varmints from RobU. The bugger is a thief and a cut throat. I chased him down and gave him what for... turns out he lifted some things from my saddle bags. He did of course resist my efforts to bring him back to the paths of righteousness and we had a bit of a scuffle.

*glancing down at the cut in his armor* That's how I got this... he snuck up on me in the dark and stuck a dagger in my ribs. Then the coward ran for it. You should have seen the look on his face when I pegged his ear to a tree with an arrow as he was running by. *chuckles* He squeeled like a stuck pig. Darn near jerked his ear plumb off... when he reached up to try and withdraw the arrow, I tatooed his hand to the tree also. Then I walked up and returned his dagger to him. Afterall, it didn't belong to me, and a Seeker never keeps anything that doesn't belong to him. *chuckles* Somehow, I think he'll be wishing I had kept the dagger. *shrughs* Got my stuff back.

So what's going on in Destard?

Hey, what am I hear for?

*grins at Wrongway as he tends to his wounds*

You get into situations like this often? I hope you keep Bjorg well compensated for his troubles with his armor. I remember a day when peaceful individuals didn't have to wear armor, now it is a must have to venture outside your door. In fact depending on who you married it might behove you to wear it around the house too...

Although I am happy to hear you retrieved your belongings, something tells me this cretin isn't going to learn his lesson and will be back again. I'll keep an eye out for him and his friends, if he has any.

Just the usual in Destard, he likes to dance with dragons. Dangerous sport really given that we shouldst not meddle in the affairs of dragons as we art crunchy and taste good with ketchup..

*checks the ice box* I do have some fine sosarian sausage I can start grilling up, the potatoes might take a bit longer as I'll need to peel some from the sack in the back.

Bjorg

Wanderer

*Face lights up*

Most excellent! I'll wait, I'm not in a hurry.

Well, Bjorg is family, so he doesn't charge for my repairs... but he does get his fair share of work out of me. He has an insatiable appetite for wood. Seems I'm always choppin wood for him.

Indeed, the neighborhood isn't as peaceful as it used to be.

*in response to the Married comment, Wrongway gets the look of a caged animal in his eyes*

Married?!!! NOT ME! It's bad enough having Maddie around. She makes me take my boots off outside, and whacks me with a frying pan if I forget. And don't even think about having a little duel inside... she'll have ye scrubbing up the blood off the floors for a week afterward! Nay, the married life is not for me... *Wrongway's look softens* but she sure can cook...and when she's bent over the table rolling out one of her wonderful pies... almost makes a guy like me want to settle down. *shakes himself* But then again... she won't even let me have a swig of ale! *growls*

Vic, give me a refill please. *tosses some coin on the table*

*pausing a moment as something shiney catches his eye* I found this clear stone. Not sure what it is... might be a diamond. I have no use for it... here, you can have it for a tip. *rolls the big shiney rock into the pile of coins*

*as the grittle warms up Viktor begins separating the sausages out*

Hmm...how many you figure you can eat? Three or four?

*With the sausages resting on the counter he begins peeling a few giant potatoes, expertly skinning them and slicing them in to little wedges, placing the wedges next to the sausage*

Ah, a carpenter Bjorg is eh? Quite useful really though yes I can imagine you go through a bit of wood for him. I guess that makes you rather skilled at using an axe then? It more ways than one that is?

*chuckles a bit*

Oh marriage isn't so bad really. There are benefits just like anything else and there are negatives just like anything else. I do agree though, it isn't for everyone. Though it is nice having the softer side of life around the house a bit, something men normally neglect...

*pours the man another beverage*

Here you are, the tap doesn't stop flowing here my friend.

You know, you might just want to keep that rock, if some fair maiden ever lures you to the "evil" side it might come in use. Either for her finger or maybe you can distract her with it and get away.

*chuckles again and starts frying up the sausage*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

A young gent pushes the door open and cautiously looks around and darts a look back behind him. He takes a step in and pushes the door closed. He's dressed in relatively standard clothing: dark blue long pants with a patch on the left leg down by the knee, a dirty white long sleeved shirt tied fully up at the neck, worn brown leather shoes with a hole exposing the side of his foot, and a rusty-brown colored cap upon his head. He has a small satchel thrown over his shoulder and a small pouch attached by belt at the waste. The pouch is hard leather and shows no indication of what is inside; however, the sachel is not empty even tho what is inside cannot be seen.

He practically shuffles over to a table and sits down awaiting to be recognized.

------------------
(OOC: this is not me participating as a staff member hehe just looks fun!)

Bjorg

Wanderer

*nodding appreciatively at Vic, Wrongway takes a draught of the ale and nods in the direction of the new comer*

Three sausages would be plenty for me, Vic, but that lad who just came in looks like he could use a few as long as your at it.

*rolling his eyes at Vic's comment about marriage and picking up the rock and stuffing it back in his pocket*

You know, that escape idea isn't half bad . . .

*Nods* Aye, Bjorg is a carpenter, a tinker, a tailor, a blacksmith... you know... generally a jack of all trades... he does it all. And yes, I'm pretty handy with an axe... although I prefer the bow.

*picking up his ale, Wrongway saunters over to the table where the traveler is sitting*

Hail laddie, mind if I join you? *Sticks out his hand*, My name's Robert Guilloume, but my friends call me Wrongway. Can I buy you a drink?