UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Good Day Demise

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Good Day Demise

The young man looks towards the gent with the outstretched hand. He wipes his hand on his pants and offers it to shake.

"Pleased ta meet ya sir." He sizes up the man in front of him then offers the additional information. "Folks call me Speedy." He looks into the satchel and states "ain't gotta buy me no ale, sir - I got money of m'own. But thank ya." He doesn't tell Wrongway that he cannot sit but he also does not state that he can - he obviously forgot the question was even asked.

"Them sausage do smell good. What they cost?"

*noticed the unobtrusive ladd entering the tavern*

Good Day there friend, thanks for having a seat at my establishment, can I offer you anything?

*grins at Wrongway*

Good man, you never know when it'll come in use. I am familiar with these jack of all trade craftsman types, I hear that is the way to be though. Ah the bow...a wonderful tool. I don't use one myself mind you, though I have a great respect for those who do. You know it is beginning to sound like you are a bit of a jack-of-all-trades yourself my friend.

*finishes preparing the sausage and slides the plates in front of the young man and Wrongway*

What praytel is your name good sir? The potatoes will be but just a few more moments. What do you like on your sausages Wrongway? I have an excellent selection of spices.

Ah! Well the it is good to meet you Speedy, the first meal is on the house if you are interested.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

"on the house? ya meanin' free 'uh charge?" Without waiting for a reply, the boy delves into the dish. With the first sausage gone in a matter of seconds, he looks up with his mouth still stuffed full and asks "M'real name? I s'pose that would be Francis, sir." He paused a moment to think and gave up, deciding to just offer compliments on the meal.

He suddenly becomes self-conscious of his eating and rubs his now greasy hands onto his pants and waits for Wrongway to start eating.

SirSotam

Sorceror

ViktorRomanov;521327 said:
Ah! Well the it is good to meet you Speedy, the first meal is on the house if you are interested.

*hearing such an offer, enters slowly a poor boy, with shiny eyes, with a butcher knife on his hand smelling blood like hell*

Hail, i've heard from a far away land, that here free meal is given... My name is empty pockets , also known as , EP... I've comed far killing beasts and bugs... i was atracted by your sausages smell since far away...

*suddenly a big sound of his stomach comes above, revealing his stomach is as big as his pockets*

Bjorg

Wanderer

*to Vic*
Nah, not really... can barely dress meself... but survival has taught me a thing or two about defending myself.

*sips thoughtfully at his ale*

Speedy! Well met lad! *not waiting to be invited to sit down, Wrongway pulls up a chair*

*Stuffing a sausage in his mouth seeming not to hear Vic's offer of spices, and taking another gulp of ale*

*talking through a mouthful of sausage*

Fo, fwat brings you to thef pfarts lad? *swallowing hard and stabbing another piece of sausage. *waving a vicious looking dagger as he cuts the sausage and talks at the same time* Things have been a bit dangerous around here lately. A person should be careful about traveling at this time of night.

*looks around the room* How's them taters coming Vic? Make yourself a plate and come join us... ain't nobody else here... ya might as well!

Bjorg

Wanderer

*chuckles loudly*

Never mind, Vic, seems as you have another customer... this one looks to be still wet behind the ears!!!

Well then, it would seem I have a bit more cooking to do...

*ventures behind the bar and retrieves several more sausages from the grill*

Wrongway, I am glad you asked about the potatoe wedges, I am ready to serve them now.

*brings a dish full of slices potatoes to the table and a pot of gravey that had been simmering*

Dig in guys, just don't ask what is in the gravey, you will like the taste better that way.

I am a man of few meals Wrongway but I will enjoy the conversation with you.

*notcing the new entry to the Tavern*

Please, pull up a chair and a plate, more sausages are coming soon. Can I get you something to drink?

Speedy, something to wash down the sausage with? Please indulge in some potatoes.

*returns to the cooking stations as the gents get aquainted.

I don't think that is necessary, my current pricing scheme seems to be helping quite a bit. Besides, I might just have to put a few of these youngings to work doing some sweeping...

*smiles at his patrons and then returns to the cooking, tossing the sausages on the griddle*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Speedy looks at Wrongway eating and the corner of his lip turns upward. Using his hands, he reaches into the plate and snags another sausage.

"Me, Sir? Well... not quite sure 'n what ta tell ya about why I'm around here... " He takes a healthy bite from the sausage. "But... " He chews and swallows what had to be a whole piece of meat. ".... I sure know where I come from. Used ta live near Trinsic but ain't been there in a while. Gotsta keep moving..." He snags another healthy bite but chews it a little before choking it down.

"This is mighty fine, sir. Good sausage. Ain't had a good meat in a while. I'll pass on the taters... I've pulled m'fair share uh those outta the dirt on my travels." He takes another large bite, finishing off the last of that sausage. "That's a nice knife, sir... mighty fine craftin'"

His face has relaxed more than the first time he appeared in the tavern and answers "If its less than two golds, I'll take me an ale ta drink 'n if'n ya need help sweepin' up, I'd do that for another sausage."

His gaze turns over to the other lad, obviously younger than he, and takes in his appearance... more so the butcher knife.

Bjorg

Wanderer

*dishes up some potatoes*
*Wrongway stabs a potato with his dagger and dunks it in the gravy before popping it in his mouth*
So why ya always on the move, Speedy?
*looks at dagger*
This? Yeah, my brother Bjorg does good work. You a smitty? *twirls the knife on his finger demonstrating the fine balance. Catching the knife by the blade, Wrongway offers the knife pommel first for Speedy's inspection.*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Watching Bjorg balance the knife his eyes glean over a bit. "On the move, sir? Oh .. ya, well, ain't got much keepin' me in one place an' I have me a tendency to overstay m'welcome with folks."

He laughs a bit and stops abruptly when Wrongway offers out the knife. He again wipes his greasy fingers on his pants and wraps his fingers around the pommel. "Aye, def'nitly a good weapon. S'pose you use it well, huh?" He shakes it a bit and avoids any fancy handy work like Wrongways. "Aye, mighty fine indeed."

He discretely leans a bit to eye the other young fella with the butcher knife and mindlessless holds the knife back in offering to Wrongway.

*smiles softly at Speedy*

Well I tell you what young man, you eat up another sausage and have yourself a drink and we'll consider them both a trade for a bit of sweeping around here. Sound like a deal?

*glances at Wrongway's glass*

Looking a little empty, need a filler-er-up?

*carries a plate over to the new entry with the last sausage*

Please...enjoy. Can I get you something to drink?

*returns back to the griddle and starts a few more sausages*

Hmm...me thinks I'll have to move on to some steaks at this rate.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

"Sounds like a great deal, sir... ain't had an honest days work in a long time" Speedy grabs another sausage and sloshes it down with a bit of ale.

LadyCrimson;521558 said:
"Sounds like a great deal, sir... ain't had an honest days work in a long time" Speedy grabs another sausage and sloshes it down with a bit of ale.

*smiles again at the young man*

I've done many a tour of duty with a broom myself, though I get a little leary of them these days as the last lady I courted used 'em for a different purpose and lo' when she was upset you don't want to be knowing what that purpose was all about...

This broom should be fairly safe though, a nice strong yew wood one it is. Take your time though, eat up and rest, the work will be there when you are ready.

If you need to be taking a nap to let your belly rest I have some cotts upstairs that you should feel free to use.

*points to the stairs beside the bar*

Clean sheets have been laid out but it is a bit dusty up there as well.

Bjorg

Wanderer

LadyCrimson;521546 said:
Watching Bjorg balance the knife his eyes glean over a bit. "On the move, sir? Oh .. ya, well, ain't got much keepin' me in one place an' I have me a tendency to overstay m'welcome with folks."

He laughs a bit and stops abruptly when Wrongway offers out the knife. He again wipes his greasy fingers on his pants and wraps his fingers around the pommel. "Aye, def'nitly a good weapon. S'pose you use it well, huh?" He shakes it a bit and avoids any fancy handy work like Wrongways. "Aye, mighty fine indeed."

He discretely leans a bit to eye the other young fella with the butcher knife and mindlessless holds the knife back in offering to Wrongway.

OOC: It's Wrongway not Bjorg... Bjorg made the knife... Wrongway uses it. :D

*noticing Speedy looking at the young boy again who has entered, Wrongway asks in a low voice?*

You recognize that one? *nodding in the direction of the newcomer*

*giving the dagger a little flip, Wrongway catches the dagger and stabs another sausage eyeing the new comer a bit more closely* *seeing the boy's bloody butcher knife still clenched in his hand, Wrongway pushes his cloak back off his shoulders a bit revealing a finely crafted quiver of arrows, an axe with a wicked looking blade hanging beside it, and a skinning knife in a sheath* *calling out to the boy:*

Put that bloody knife away! You'll ruin my appetite!!! *stuffing another piece of potato in his mouth and chasing it with some ale, Wrongway nods at Vic*

Yeah, Vic, please and thank you. Another ale if you please! *BELCH!*
Ah, excuse me... hmm... that freed up some more room! *big grin* *stabs another sausage keeping one eye on the boy with the knife*

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

Hearing Wrongways whispered message, Speedy shakes his head giving a quick no. He looks away a moment then again, nervously wipes his hands on his pants.

"Thank ya much for th'offer of a quick nap. I may be takin' ya up on that but I have sumin' I must do first. I'll be back in a few hours, Sir, and take to the cleanin'"

Before standing up he sloshes down the last of his ale. He stands and adjusts both his satchel and his pouch, nods to Wrongway and the barkeep, walks to the door swinging wide of the boy with the blood knife, and leaves.

(OOC: I knew I'd do that LOL I have erased Bjorg many times before *smacks head* sorry!)

Bjorg

Wanderer

Hmm... was it something I said, Vic?

First the funny guy with the pen and ink who left in a hurry, and now Speedy...

Come to think of it, I left in a hurry also... but that wasn't anything that happened in here. That wretched thief was messing with me saddlebags.

So what about you boy? Come on now... speak up! Cat got your tongue? Put that knife away and come sit down...

*Shakes head and mutters*

Sure are some strange goins on around here...

*waves goodbye to Speedy*

Alright friend, tend to your business and we'll see you again soon.

Eh, its a tavern right Wrongway? People always going in and out. As long as they are not going out through the windows...

You will try and ensure to not put anyone through the windows right?

*gives Wrongway a grin*

They'll all come back again eventually...though this feller with the knife seems to be napping with his eyes open.