UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Hybrid hunt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
sooo if i read that right the random clothes dropped from an event i didnt know about are worth more than the items i collected codes for? wtf?
You can't predict a thing like moonglows guards going on strike! :eek:

but yea idk there was like 24 hours notice if you were in irc and I think a decent amount of time before the event there was a forum post and ingame messages/town criers spamming lol

I've noticed if you edit a older post... it does not show up in your forums history. Is there away to make sure ppl are not editing and changing their bid? - after they have posted and started the 48hour process.. I feel, if you get out bid, you should have to post a new bid thus re-starting the 48hour period... any thoughts on this?

Lance_25

Sorceror
don't worry uma the whole process is flawed... 48 hour period is a joke. it allows people with higher points to wait to see if they get out bid on the items they wanted then go back through and get items that people with lesser points wanted. and if you read the signs in the items area some signs say multiple sets will be auctioned but on the forum it says only one set. i commend tessa for her attempt at this event but it is a very flawed system. nobody with lesser points will be able to get anything because as time goes on people will lose bids to higher points people so they will just scrounge for lower bid items... its shitty... this is not an auction... its a set up...

Countessa

Knight
You cannot edit your posts

The only multiples are the ones advertised as such.

You do not have to participate if it is so 'flawed'.

And I'm not sure how you think the 48 hours is a flaw?

It allows most people the time they need to get on the forums to bid.

Yes people with more points are going to get the items they want. That's how an auction works.

I understand some of you think this event was held wrong, that it is broken or a waste of time, that the auction is crap or that the vendor prices are high.
I have heard it all. I am well aware of your opinions. There is no need to post about them further.

Your point is Well taken.

Thunder

Page
anyone that has been to a REAL LIFE auction knows that the highest bidder always wins. the same applies here.....the highest bidder will win. if you dont have enough points well thats just tough luck for you, get over it. part of strategy at an auction is wait till last minute to outbid someone so you can get the item you want or wait until it gets high enough to clear out other bidders.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
to be honest, this whole process has gone alot smoother than i thought it would before we start bidding. I thought it was going to be a complete disaster. Like anything, there is room for abuse, there may be a few small bugs, but im sure Tessa is watching closely. Risk vs Reward. Anyone that wants to abuse the process can try, but they would be putting all their precious items on the line if found out. So im sure most ppl will behave. And everything will work itself out in the end

Happy bidding to all :)

SavvyT

Sorceror
If you post a bid and someone posts another later but its a smaller bid or the same amount, its invalid right?

Is the auction actually live yet? I know it was suppose to start yesterday, but I'm unable to locate it. Yes I have went to the link that was in Tessa's original post, but I don't see it there. Am I missing something or has it not started yet. Thanks for any help/updates.

toronto_matt

Sorceror
Ok auctions need cleaned up to the highest bids its getting to be a huge mess

not a good idea. ppl are deleting and withdrawing bids quite frequently. if you only have the highest bids, what happens when the high bidder backs out? without all the previous bids, there is no way to keep the high bidder in check or keep the order of the bids correct.

Smokeuog

Sorceror
Is the auction actually live yet? I know it was suppose to start yesterday, but I'm unable to locate it. Yes I have went to the link that was in Tessa's original post, but I don't see it there. Am I missing something or has it not started yet. Thanks for any help/updates.
Just click shard events all item categories are in a separate thread

don't worry uma the whole process is flawed... 48 hour period is a joke. it allows people with higher points to wait to see if they get out bid on the items they wanted then go back through and get items that people with lesser points wanted. and if you read the signs in the items area some signs say multiple sets will be auctioned but on the forum it says only one set. i commend tessa for her attempt at this event but it is a very flawed system. nobody with lesser points will be able to get anything because as time goes on people will lose bids to higher points people so they will just scrounge for lower bid items... its shitty... this is not an auction... its a set up...

I won three items with 196 points each :)

Paracelsus

Sorceror

No matter what. Imagine setting up all these things, giving out codes around the clock and setting up tons of auctions threads (totally 3 pages), I would say thank you for the efforts even there are a few flaws.

The only thing she is not well doing is forgotten to give me thousands points. :p So far, the points I got is not competitive enough to get anything. May end up getting nothing. :) But, still fun to see people bidding the items I like.

Lance_25

Sorceror
No matter what. Imagine setting up all these things, giving out codes around the clock and setting up tons of auctions threads (totally 3 pages), I would say thank you for the efforts even there are a few flaws.
did you not see where i said
i commend tessa for her attempt at this event
she did amazing. she set it up and went through it all all by herself... im not trying to knock her honestly. im just used to teams of people setting these types of things up on games where they have MUCH more staff to pull it off. but again i commend her on the job she has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.