UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Instant swing.

Would you like to see instant swing implemented.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
insta swing conc blow/para blow is perfectly balanced. Let me stay pure defense and swing every 3-4 seconds and land my conc blow and you wont kill me! Sounds exhilarating.

What will most likely happen is more dexxers will be on the field and it will be whiff battles, especially since there are such high amounts of high armor. Was invuln armor of the availability as it is on hybrid that you can remember the last time you played the shitty mechanic?

Nobody has fun with a dexxer heavy server. Hybrid has always been about mages and combos. Get over it.

UnosnowNYC

Wanderer
Instant swing does not work on servers with special abilities such as crushing, para and conc. This has already been tested on other shards and never worked, it never will. I dont know why we go over this every month since the shard opened

Instant swing does not work on servers with special abilities such as crushing, para and conc. This has already been tested on other shards and never worked, it never will. I dont know why we go over this every month since the shard opened
These messages don't get read. The players who want instaswing on this server don't know what they are talking about.

GimpCent

Knight
These messages don't get read. The players who want instaswing on this server don't know what they are talking about.

We know quite well what we are talking about, let's be honest here. It isn't like we haven't played Ultima Online for probably 15 years plus.

I am not here to debate the subject because its been done over and over but I agree that special abilities seem like they are a problem but its not a problem that cannot be solved by any means. Its really quite easy but there is multiple ways to fix it.

You could simply require a dex of 75 or more for special abilites, problem solved. But other methods could be used to the same effect.

So yes we do know what we are talking about silly

Last edited:

GimpCent

Knight

See above sir,

There is a right and wrong answer to this question of "can insta swing be added to the server in safe and logic manner" the answer is yes, I think. Yes it can and without much work on the staff side of things, I believe. Other methods as well as the one example I gave, work; and can be done!

We lose nothing by trying this but we stand to gain a shit ton in return. You folks say you want the game to evolve. Well this is a damn good start in a lot of folks eyes. I don't like the idea of running around throwing nades at each other like a giant game of tag. I don't think its fun and I am not alone. I can get a dozen new players overnight if you add Insta Swing.

You can't do that with any change you have planned if you were to be honest. More than just that 12 will come, I am not alone in this. Other people have friends that would join as well. It could be a dawn of a new Hybrid and Hybrid that deserves the name Hybrid. Cause right now its tag in my opinion respectfully.

There is no reason why we cant make Tank Mages a thing. Nearly every problem has a solution and we can find one to make this work in the best way possible. I want balance so I want to hear your problems with insta swing in hopes of maybe we can find ways to solve them.

We all played this game for years and years. We can do this. We have the knowledge to make it work. Between the players on Hybrid we have the most knowledgeable fan-base of any server. The collective hours played by our players and staff could of built the Pyramids. So don't tell me we cant do this. If we can't than honestly uo is just dead to me.

I dont see you folks fixing dexxers correctly the push back from the mages would be too strong. That is just me being honest. I accept that I can't win in mob rule even if I win the debate (t2a). Tank mages I are my last hope. If it doesn't get added this will be my last year playing the Ultima Online. That isnt a threat as more of a plead to listen. I may just be a old bitter vet but some of us grew up playing Ultima Online and we grew up playing tank mages.

Ryan?
UnosnowNY?
Boom?

Respectfully what are your problems with the idea of insta swing? We are listening

Last edited:
Tank mages have gm anatomy majority of the time. A preres of 75 dex would be a perfect resolution to special hits. Great idea Gimp!

Lippy-

Sorceror
Instant swing is not for Hybrid .

Revelations had it and that was fine , but not here .

You could simply require a dex of 75 or more for special abilites, problem solved. But other methods could be used to the same effect.

Horrible idea .

Tank mages can't spend that many points on dexterity .

Plus they already passed the req for specials by having the skill points to do it .

Gm anatomy adds 10% DMG anyways. So a preres of high dex won't be too rough. And this is coming from a guy who plays tanks regularly.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
insta swing conc blow/para blow is perfectly balanced. Let me stay pure defense and swing every 3-4 seconds and land my conc blow and
you wont kill me! Sounds exhilarating..
There has been posts that talk about possible fixes for this

• Need to have dex >= 75 (Possibilty of 75/75/75) - idk about this in all honesty, but is better than nothing.
  • Special blows should have something to do with Eval because its obvious the template that will use insta will have eval.
  • Personally something i think like this forumla would be more ideal....
Eval >= 10
you could even add dex as a variable to the forumla.
eval >= 10 and Dex <= 75
=
no special moves

What will most likely happen is more dexxers will be on the field and it will be whiff battles,
  • Insta has nothing to do with dexters or would benefit them.
Nobody has fun with a dexxer heavy server. Hybrid has always been about mages and combos. Get over it.
  • Tank (MAGE) your utilizing insta hit and your magery as a combo much like todays Alchy Mage. Just alot less (solid) or consistent damage combos compared to the alchy.
Was invuln armor of the availability as it is on hybrid that
you can remember the last time you played the shitty mechanic?.
  • Honestly, even in this era the rich and good always had the good shit....
  • Also duel set ups have the option as gm or non magic weps/armor right?

Now with that said.... In my eyes there is no easy way to implement this, but as gimpcent said we all have played for years if everyone puts their head together anything is possible.

There are other factors that will hamper the ability of insta swing.
  • Potions
were not (accepted) during this era... Players also followed the "Honor System", and what i mean by this is there was never any talk about no pots players just knew and followed that code. - maybe duels can be no potions, but allow explo.

• Healing through poison
Also active during this era. Potions are abundant now, but the fact that you cant heal through poison imo will cause a little hic up. I may be wrong though.

I still say add this to test center. w/ no forumla and let us PWAY WITH IT!

Last edited: