UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Instant swing.

Would you like to see instant swing implemented.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Instaswing is turrible.
Not trolling...........I know your a die hard alchy, but may i ask why you think its terrible?

Most people who say this dont know what it truely is or never played during this era

I only ask you this because you obviously against it. You just dont give any reasons why

Last edited:
Not trolling...........I know your a die hard alchy, but may i ask why you think its terrible?

Most people who say this dont know what it truely is or never played during this era

I only ask you this because you obviously against it. You just dont give any reasons why
Instaswing and special moves don't belong. Not to mention with the abundance of armor for todays players and runic weapons, I don't believe people will have fun having to either have the best of the best gear to be competitive or play whiff battles for 5+ minutes before one of the dexxers/tank mages finally gives up and runs off.

And like players are starting to point out, the only even remotely viable option to balance this and to implement this system would require and almost entire rework of pvp mechanics on a shard that has been around for nearly 11 years and has withstood all the other shit shards and their dumb bull shit. Why move to a pvp system that has proven that it doesn't work on other shards? Hybrid has and should always be a mage dominant pvp based server. If anything, simply rework poisoning/inscribe to give viable alternatives to alchy stun.

Dexxers are already in a viable spot. There's been a few really dedicated, wealthy dexxers that stock to the 9s over the past years on this shard that have been able to wreak havoc on the battle field. I believe a few quality of life changes such as being able to use potions with their weapon equipped will help them a lot, without entire breaking the game.

But it's ok. The players ask for a few spices for pvp and we get hybrid mares and nerfed purple potions. At this point I just want to watch and see what the great GMs of holy can conjure up as ideas to spice things up in pvp.

amtothepm

Knight
Instaswing and special moves don't belong. Not to mention with the abundance of armor for todays players and runic weapons, I don't believe people will have fun having to either have the best of the best gear to be competitive or play whiff battles for 5+ minutes before one of the dexxers/tank mages finally gives up and runs off.

And like players are starting to point out, the only even remotely viable option to balance this and to implement this system would require and almost entire rework of pvp mechanics on a shard that has been around for nearly 11 years and has withstood all the other shit shards and their dumb bull shit. Why move to a pvp system that has proven that it doesn't work on other shards? Hybrid has and should always be a mage dominant pvp based server. If anything, simply rework poisoning/inscribe to give viable alternatives to alchy stun.

Dexxers are already in a viable spot. There's been a few really dedicated, wealthy dexxers that stock to the 9s over the past years on this shard that have been able to wreak havoc on the battle field. I believe a few quality of life changes such as being able to use potions with their weapon equipped will help them a lot, without entire breaking the game.

But it's ok. The players ask for a few spices for pvp and we get hybrid mares and nerfed purple potions. At this point I just want to watch and see what the great GMs of holy can conjure up as ideas to spice things up in pvp.

An alchy bag is what, 2k?

You said there are a few dexxers that stock to the 9.

That's because a 200k bag is about the minimum a dexxer must have.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member

You seriously are the most bipolar poster on the forums...

First off - not a single HOLY player or staff member was part of these changes.

Secondly - The PVP changes are slowly being rolled to the public test center in favor of testing them appropriately... they take time. You're welcome to get on there and test them out... but alas you've probably not even been on there.

The pots had to be adjusted. They were way out of line. I almost refuse to play my alchies these days. Nothing beats a good stun NOx in a group v group

You seriously are the most bipolar poster on the forums...

First off - not a single HOLY player or staff member was part of these changes.

Secondly - The PVP changes are slowly being rolled to the public test center in favor of testing them appropriately... they take time. You're welcome to get on there and test them out... but alas you've probably not even been on there.
I'm not bipolar, my stances on things rarely change because I see the facts. This server was never designed to be weapon based, and these threads creep up by the same few every month. It's ridiculous.

Secondly, merely having Holy with association to GMs to the large degree causes gossip to spread. Sure its gossip, but it can't be taken lightly when the vast majority of the server is still in the dark about their player characters, which you have allowed to be. The last time this many gms were allowed in the same group was krrios, aye?

I would really appreciate seeing a bigger picture of the style of pvp you or whomever you consult with intends on taking the server. A few in the dark changes on a testing server hardly does it justice. I half expect to log on with necromancy or something some day.

And if you could get sallos to work with your test center you'll probably get better results. Play is much different on sallos/auo/razor.

My goal isn't to offend anyone in this thread, but it's ridiculous having to explain why instaswing wont work with the mechanics this server has now without being stupid, for the 15th time in 2 months.

The pots had to be adjusted. They were way out of line. I almost refuse to play my alchies these days. Nothing beats a good stun NOx in a group v group
Pot damage change does nothing but hurt top tier alchy play. Noobs still die just as fast. Try killing somebody who knows what they are doing on an alchy stun. Better bring restock.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Instaswing and special moves don't belong.
Refer to my post, It talks about removing insta hit/special moves. In my eyes i think basing it off of eval is a simple fix. What dexter now runs around with gm eval? Plus there would/could be ways of fixing this its not rocket scince.
Not to mention with the abundance of armor for todays players and runic weapons, I don't believe people will have fun having to either have the best of the best
gear to be competitive
  • Your statement is contradicting. The "Abundance" of magic armor u speak of is a problem that any Mele fighter faces even as i type this.
  • Whenyou say insta hit will make people "have the best of the best gear" I disagree because as you said earlier "abundance of armor for todays players and runic weapons"
  • Runic Weapons/ Magic wep are so easily attainable now so if anything a mage needs the best of the best RIGHT NOW to fight dexters. Insta Hit would NOT change this in any way or form Because when fielding u will run into "Runic Dexters"
or play whiff battles for 5+ minutes before one of the dexxers/tank mages finally gives up and runs off.
  • first off i have never seen this there is "no giving up" and running off. Like alchy the best tanks will kill anyone w/ ease.
  • Dont compare Dexxers and Tank they are similar but different IN SOOOOO many ways and a tank does require skill.
like players are starting to point out, the only even remotely viable option to balance this and to implement this systemwould require and almost entire rework of pvp mechanics on a shard that has been around for nearly 11 years and has withstood all the other shit shards and their dumb bull shit.
A couple things here.
  • Hybrid has been around for a long time your correct. - There was also really no Decent competiton for years and years..
  • "require and almost entire rework of pvp mechanics" - really the only balancing it needs is special hit removal so idk what ur talking about.
to be quite honest with you alchy use stun as a "special move" - i can go into details about this but im trying to stay on topic, but fencing would be like a stun right and it requires THREE skills to get ?? but i agree i dont think 50% int "concussion" should be allowed w/ insta hit..
Why move to a pvp system that has proven that it doesn't work on other shards?
Hybrid has and should always be a mage dominant pvp based server. If anything, simply rework poisoning/inscribe to give viable alternatives to alchy stun.
Firstly..... Tank (MAGE) - refer to my last post on this.​
"rework poisoning/inscribe to give viable alternatives to alchy stun" - lol you have to be kidding me neither will do that. make some one defenseless (stun) and throw potions that can take 25% of some ones health VS poisoning (cure pot button smashed) or scribe? lol

What shards can you name that did this and proved your theory? - IPY? because that shard was highly successful and yes because of WTFMAN.com. The only issue or reason IPY
failed IMO is Az's Ego.
'Dexxers are already in a viable spot. There's been a few really dedicated, wealthy dexxers that stock to the 9s over the past years on this shard that have been able to wreak havoc on the battle field. I believe a few quality of life changes such as being able to use potions
with their weapon equipped will help them a lot, without entire breaking the game.
Stop mentioning "dexxers" because instahit has nothing to do with a dexter. Tanks use magery to heal, and magery is a BIG factor in its damage.Similar to alchy only thing is the tank mage is not guranteed to take 1/5-1/4 of a players health away w/ every swing They can miss (alooot) and with low dex
3-4 misses can be crucial.
you know just like that theory i proved wrong you had...... are you just crying or have you sat down and looked at the damage difference between hybrid and regular nightmares.

nerfed explo pots? LOL before u could do 19-30 dmg. That is 1/5-1/3 to a players life why in the fuck do you need to take 33% of a players life
with a potion? you can already stun him and make him defenseless. 1/5-1/4 is enough and NOTHING near a nerf. thats 25% of some ones life.

Last edited:
Gonna toot my own horn here again, but I'm one of the better alchies.
No offense but you've never seen top end. You're good, but you've never been in fights where if both players are playing perfectly then it comes down to RNG damage/heal pots. That 5 damage nerf really starts to add up fast in those situations.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Ill be honest with you. I read a post on another forum it was a die hard alchy mage banging this idea. This guy that replied with really good points shut the alchy DOWN and even turned the alchy to be "ok" with it..

The real reason behind The big disagreement w/ most other alchy mages is that you guys will have competition and alchy stun wont DOMINATE the field so easily. You guys will have competition and have to adapt.

i dont think there has EVER EVER been tank mage and a current day alchy stun template duel.

Dany mortal, Parliament,Shevion,UoNoobs,Sticky.

If you can hold a candle to these guys like I could, then you can talk down my alchy.

*The other amazing alchies I left out were not out of disrespect, just didn't wanna name a lot of people.

Refer to my post, It talks about removing insta hit/special moves. In my eyes i think basing it off of eval is a simple fix. What dexter now runs around with gm eval? Plus there would/could be ways of fixing this its not rocket scince.

• Your statement is contradicting. The "Abundance" of magic armor u speak of is a problem that any Mele fighter faces even as i type this.
  • Whenyou say insta hit will make people "have the best of the best gear" I disagree because as you said earlier "abundance of armor for todays players and runic weapons"
  • Runic Weapons/ Magic wep are so easily attainable now so if anything a mage needs the best of the best RIGHT NOW to fight dexters. Insta Hit would NOT change this in any way or form Because when fielding u will run into "Runic Dexters"

• first off i have never seen this there is "no giving up" and running off. Like alchy the best tanks will kill anyone w/ ease.
  • Dont compare Dexxers and Tank they are similar but different IN SOOOOO many ways and a tank does require skill.

A couple things here.
  • Hybrid has been around for a long time your correct. - There was also really no Decent competiton for years and years..
  • "require and almost entire rework of pvp mechanics" - really the only balancing it needs is special hit removal so idk what ur talking about.
to be quite honest with you alchy use stun as a "special move" - i can go into details about this but im trying to stay on topic, but fencing would be like a stun right and it requires THREE skills to get and dont think "concussion" should be allowed w/ insta hit..

Firstly..... Tank (MAGE) - refer to my last post on this.​
"rework poisoning/inscribe to give viable alternatives to alchy stun" - lol you have to be kidding me neither will do that. make some one defenseless (stun) and throw potions that can take 25% of some ones health VS poisoning (cure pot button smashed) or scribe? lol

What shards can you name that did this and proved your theory? - IPY? because that shard was highly successful and yes because of WTFMAN.com. The only issue or reason IPY
failed IMO is Az's Ego.

Stop mentioning "dexxers" because instahit has nothing to do with a dexter. Tanks use magery to heal, and magery is a BIG factor in its damage.Similar to alchy only thing is the tank mage is not guranteed to take 1/5-1/4 of a players health away w/ every swing They can miss (alooot) and with low dex

you know just like that theory i proved wrong you had...... are you just crying or have you sat down and looked at the damage difference between hybrid and regular nightmares.

nerfed explo pots? LOL before u could do 19-30 dmg. That is 1/5-1/3 to a players life why in the fuck do you need to take 33% of a players life
with a potion? you can already stun him and make him defenseless. 1/5-1/4 is enough and NOTHING near a nerf. thats 25% of some ones life.
Many of these points are false and you're just grabbing at straws. I'll pick a few out.

When you dig deep into your memory banks, remember what the average tank mage used to play with. What weapon/gear did he have? What gear did the average mage have? Was it golden runic+/ invul armor?

Just because the dexxer uses magery to fight with doesn't change what he is. He is a dexxer, and for you basing fact with the odds that he can miss a lot, imagine when they don't miss a lot. Imagine getting a full mana bar with the ability to hit for 1/2 somebodies life with perfect weapons against invul armor.

with a potion? you can already stun him and make him defenseless. 1/5-1/4 is enough and NOTHING near a nerf. thats 25% of some ones life

prenerf, somebody without alchemy did nearly 20 damage with purple potions. So by having the skill you only increase the damage of the potion by 50% to 30 damage maximum. Obviously dealing with maximum totals, so the actual RNG statistical boost is around 35-40% increase of a purple potion by having alchemy. Seems that even without alchemy, anybody can use explosion potions just fine and do plenty of damage without even needing the skill.

Also, somewhere above you tried talking about how stuns require 2 skills vs para blows which require 3? Since when do stuns do 30% of somebody's life as well?