UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Instant swing.

Would you like to see instant swing implemented.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dany mortal, Parliament,Shevion,UoNoobs,Sticky.

If you can hold a candle to these guys like I could, then you can talk down my alchy.

*The other amazing alchies I left out were not out of disrespect, just didn't wanna name a lot of people.
Half of those players owe me money from unpaid dueling debts.

And anyone I shall be.

nerfed explo pots? LOL before u could do 19-30 dmg. That is 1/5-1/3 to a players life why in the fuck do you need to take 33% of a players life
with a potion? you can already stun him and make him defenseless. 1/5-1/4 is enough and NOTHING near a nerf. thats 25% of some ones life.

It's so amusing to watch people try to explain how alchemy does the entirety of the purple potion damage, rather than a 10 damage boost.

And honestly, I'm down to implement instahit/swing at this point. I would love to watch everybody post videos of tank mage fights, that way we can all see how much slower/duller/boring it actually is. At least with alchy stun, you get the explosions.

whiff

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
Many of these points are false and you're just grabbing at straws. I'll pick a few out.

• Whenyou say insta hit will make people "have the best of the best gear" I disagree because as you said earlier "abundance of armor for todays players and runic weapons"
When you dig deep into your memory banks, remember what the average tank mage used to play with. What weapon/gear did he have? What gear did the average mage have? Was it golden runic+/ invul armor?
lol... what u speak of is a issue RIGHT now. Insta hit would not bring this issue.

Just because the dexxer uses magery to fight with doesn't change what he is. He is a dexxer, and for you basing fact with the odds that he can miss a lot, imagine when they don't miss a lot. Imagine getting a full mana bar with the ability to hit for 1/2 somebodies life with perfect weapons against invul armor.
a tank usually has 25-35 dex max OMG that 35 dex is scarry. 1/2 hits with invul on? Highly doubtful, and u can change rulsets because back in the day duels with wagers required gm suit/weps.

prenerf, somebody without alchemy did nearly 20 damage with purple potions. So by having the skill you only increase the damage of the potion by 50% to 30 damage maximum. Obviously dealing with maximum totals, so the actual RNG statistical boost is around 35-40% increase of a purple potion by having alchemy. Seems that even without alchemy, anybody can use explosion potions just fine and do plenty of damage without even needing the skill.
still doesnt change what i said. pots were not nerfed or NOW as u call it "PRENERF" = before nerfing. soo not nerfed?
Also, somewhere above you tried talking about how stuns require 2 skills vs para blows which require 3? Since when do stuns do 30% of somebody's life as well?
thats where the third skill "alchemy" comes in SoOOO YEP! pretty much even no and same time between damage because of low dex.

It is unblockable, unreflectable, 100% hit damage.

It was acknowledged as overpowered, and was fixed.

Let's keep this thread on topic. Flaming it till its dead won't work this time.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
And anyone I shall be.
And honestly, I'm down to implement instahit/swing at this point. I would love to watch everybody post videos of tank mage fights, that way we can all see how much slower/duller/boring it actually is. At least with alchy stun, you get the explosions.
whiff

promise its ALot more action than alchy stuns sitting there meditating OOOO SOOOO MUCH ACTION!!!!!

still have not answered my question? im guessing u have not played with insta hit nor played in the era. - LOLZ
ur opinion is worth shit

amtothepm

Knight
nope, it was GM leather and more often than not, A GM halberd. the abundance of "blessed" weapons in this game really makes the tank mage with instaswing enabled, a terrible idea.
Many of these points are false and you're just grabbing at straws. I'll pick a few out
When you dig deep into your memory banks, remember what the average tank mage used to play with. What weapon/gear did he have? What gear did the average mage have? Was it golden runic+/ invul armor?

It is unblockable, unreflectable, 100% hit damage.

It was acknowledged as overpowered, and was fixed.

Let's keep this thread on topic. Flaming it till its dead won't work this time.
It used to be kickable, that was amusing.

And you act as if 2 mana drains on 90% of the templates all of a sudden justifies magic spells to be 100% hits. OK, buddy.

We shouldn't even be having this topic now. Let's just implement the damn things and watch as how fast shit goes down the drain.
promise its ALot more action than alchy stuns sitting there meditating OOOO SOOOO MUCH ACTION!!!!!

still have not answered my question? im guessing u have not played with insta hit nor played in the era. - LOLZ
ur opinion is worth shit

Are you saying tank mages will never meditate in fights? Oh, I assume not due to the fact that their prime damage comes from what will be perfect weapons/valorite weapons that require no mana or resource to swing.

I'm not even sure what troll question you are trying to ask me. Have I played in the insta swing era? Have you played in the era where special hits/insta swing were enabled?

Ask me pertinent questions, or better yet stop replying to me with your dumb, incoherent responses. Dragonslayer is too hard headed to see whats right in front of him, and anti just wants to troll.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
nope, it was GM leather and more often than not, A GM halberd. the abundance of "blessed" weapons in this game really makes the tank mage with instaswing enabled, a terrible idea.

like i said rulsets can be changed. also i said wager duels back in the day required gm made equipment.
ALSO ALSO you must not have played in the era. because back in the day the rich and best tank mages used item bless deeds (from first CUB) on perfect hally/katana/q staffs.

like i said rulsets can be changed. also i said wager duels back in the day required gm made equipment.
ALSO ALSO you must not have played in the era. because back in the day the rich and best tank mages used item bless deeds (from first CUB) on perfect hally/katana/q staffs.
And like I've said, you'll have to change the entire fabric that this system of pvp has been based on for nearly 11 years, proven successful, for a fucking straws chance of boring ass, terrible game play. If you want instaswing, take it to a server that hasn't been successful for 11 years, one that will fold within a few quick months.

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
It used to be kickable, that was amusing.
Ask me pertinent questions, or better yet stop replying to me with your dumb, incoherent responses. Dragonslayer is too hard headed to see whats right in front of him, and anti just wants to troll.

AKA No anti.christ i have not played with insta hit enabled or in this era. your talking down on something u have no knowledge about....
"dont judge a book by its cover"
"dont knock on something unless you tried it"
And like I've said, you'll have to change the entire fabric that this system of pvp has been based on for nearly 11 years, proven successful, for a fucking straws chance of boring ass, terrible game play. If you want instaswing, take it to a server that hasn't been successful for 11 years, one that will fold within a few quick months.
theres a demand for it. no shard with a backbone has attempted it.

btw alchy stun has not been around for 11 years. wasnt even as popular 7 years ago.

im done with u love you boom

An archer mage with very high dex, in a small pit arena with a runic bow can't out DPS an alchy postfix.

How is instant swing terrible?

Anti.Christ

Sorceror
my stances on things rarely change because I see the facts. This server was never designed to be weapon based, and these threads creep up by the same few every month. It's ridiculous.
BTW TANK MAGE was the MOST dominant template when this server was started and for some years..(hence standard 7x duel) if anything its going back to its roots.

done posting in here.

Last edited:

GimpCent

Knight
ok, if you add instaswing get rid of runics, kk? GG?? only solution np np

Keep in mind though

There is a very limited supply of high end runic smith hammers. The influx of new tank mages will burn though that supply faster than they can replaced into the predictable future..

Runic weapons really won't be the problem when looked at it deeply. We don't have supply to give everyone verite charges as is and the apagpite hammers will be burned through or saved for a use of a few.

We don't have many dexxers ATM so demand isn't that high for charges no matter how rare they are.. Most tank mages honestly will be running with a Gold Runics aka Vanq Hally. This is not a problem it really isn't.

If anything it will raise the price of gold hammers giving a decent reason to do BODs again. Because getting a gold smith hammer is doable. Right now in BODs its go big or go home.

We can make this work and I honestly don't think its as hard as its getting made out to be. Keep it simple and everything will be fine. We arent asking for a overhaul like some claim, this just isn't true. That is just mental laziness.

Tank Mages won't be some massively overpowered class because no matter what we can get stunned and we don't have a consist ranged damage that never misses in the any manner. Even against GM wrestling we will miss 50% of the time. When we cast we don't have wrestling so its a stun every time vs a good player. There is many things a Tank Mages has to factor in.

It is the ultimate "hybrid" class so I find it odd we don't have it here. It has thr highest overall skill cap not just with combos but placement as well.

Insta hit would allow Med Dexxers to have a place as well. It is not just tank mages that will be born out of this change. This will honestly be a wonderful thing but I understand your fear. But just because your scared doesn't mean it won't be worth it. Be negative all you want but in the end of the day I haven't heard one good reason why not to try this.

I am respectfully still waiting for someone tell me a decent reason why we cant do this that isnt solvable. Let's stop the bullshit trolling, you either got a reason or you don't.

Sosaria will not fall apart its going to be okay

Last edited:
Bump? Anyone got any reasons why this won't be possible?

Simply put because so much would have to be changed for instaswing to be implemented correctly, ultimately removing all of what hybrid has pretty much been for 11 years
There would definitely need a lot of balancing counter-measures.
Ras sees it as does others. If you really think about all the changes that would have to take place to make instaswing viable without being broken, you're looking at a complete overhaul of this servers pvp mechanics. Why throw away what hundreds of thousands of players have played and gotten used to for 11 years?

Don't think that just because instaswing is enabled that you'll be able to play around with it as much as you'd like to think. You'll still be ganked and syncd by random mages. I just don't see a point to restructure the server for a more weapon based, ultimate whiff battle extravaganza.