UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Knives, Firearms and Archery Equipment

jrhather

Wanderer
Knives, Firearms and Archery Equipment

I just got my knives!! Fuck yeah! I've been waiting 3 weeks for these babies to come in! I just dropped $743 on 7 knives. What I got is the 301-Type Chroma knife designed by F.A. Porsche.

Damn am I ever impressed! I used these knives before, but haven't actually owned any. Man am I ever happy.

Anyone else got any wicked knives? Got pics? Henckles sucks so don't even go there....

Argyle

Wanderer
Re: Knives.

In regards to cutlery, I have a Shun Santuko. It's the end all be all.

As far as pocket knives, tacticals, or automatics...omg...where do I start...

Busse Combat <-retardedly expensive, but well worth it
Ranger Knives
TONS of Spydercos, Kershaws, Benchmades, and Bark Rivers

Most of mine are customs or limited editions. I have about 25 knives in my collection. Every time I buy a new gun, I usually buy a new knife...

marcusstone

Sorceror

Argyle;353926 said:
In regards to cutlery, I have a Shun Santuko. It's the end all be all.

As far as pocket knives, tacticals, or automatics...omg...where do I start...

Busse Combat <-retardedly expensive, but well worth it
Ranger Knives
TONS of Spydercos, Kershaws, Benchmades, and Bark Rivers

Most of mine are customs or limited editions. I have about 25 knives in my collection. Every time I buy a new gun, I usually buy a new knife...
I used to collect pocket knives, anything old... I ended up starting a gun collection when I got older, but guns are illegal in sicily, so I left them behind when I left america... Hopefully they are still in the condition I left them in when I return...
as far as kitchen knives, I really need to invest in a decent set... I love to cook, and supermarket brand knives just don't cut it (pun intended)

Argyle

Wanderer

jrhather;353928 said:
Mildly frightening.

Why?

I like fine craftsmanship, and I appreciate the rights I was given to bear arms.

Nothing frighting about that. The only people I ever hurt are my kickboxing teammates, and they dont press charges.

Caine

UO Gamers: Demise Admin

I am going to be buying an XD40 here soon. I kind of like the green and black myself. Those guns are sweet, and really inexpensive compared to a lot of other pistols of the same quality in my opinion.

Argyle

Wanderer

Can I recommend that you get the .45. Same size grip frame, holds as many rounds, and its a FORTY FIVE~

Hornady TAP +P 200gr bullets.

The model I got is the Tactical (5in barrel) Compact. I have the option of 10 rounds for carry, and a 12rd backup clip that makes the grip full sized.

It's perfect, and insanely accurate.

And you are right, its a phenomenal value.

I'm going to be getting my permit to carry and I've been thinking about getting the 9mm subcompact glock, i think its the g19 but i could be wrong and im firewalled from their site. Holds 10 9mm rounds and is less than 6 inches long and less than 5 inches tall. I want the tritium sites too. Right i have a snub nose Winchester in .38 special, but i want something a little more offensive.

I was thinking about the .45 because, well, its .45, but the cost of ammunition vs 9mm is just outrageous.

Caine

darthjesus;355255 said:
I was thinking about the .45 because, well, its .45, but the cost of ammunition vs 9mm is just outrageous.

Thats why I am going with the .40. Ballistics wise the .40 is a bit better then the 9mm even if only by a small margin. .40 ammo is close in price to the 9mm as well. Out of all the handguns I have fired .40 seems to be my mid ground, my comfort range. I like shooting larger calibers but I am more accurate with the .40 in rapid fire situations while maintaining the desired knock down power. And of course as already stated, way cheaper then .45

Argyle

Wanderer

darthjesus;355255 said:
I'm going to be getting my permit to carry and I've been thinking about getting the 9mm subcompact glock, i think its the g19 but i could be wrong and im firewalled from their site. Holds 10 9mm rounds and is less than 6 inches long and less than 5 inches tall. I want the tritium sites too. Right i have a snub nose Winchester in .38 special, but i want something a little more offensive.

Your talking about the G26. Damn nice gun, but thick.

My carry gun is a Kahr CW9 and a Kel-Tec P3AT as a secondary. The Kahr is a WONDERFUL SMALL ACCURATE AFFORDABLE RELIABLE gun. Its the best value for carry imo. I can hide it under a tshirt and short pants. Short of going to the pool, its always on me (I carry a rustproof spyderco at the pool).

(I have a Glock 19 and its too big to carry without a coat on)

Argyle

Wanderer

Caine, if you dont get a 45, get a 9mm. Corbon DPX rounds are phenominal, and its a HELLUVA lot cheaper to shoot a 9 than a 40. The improvements in hollow point technology have made the 9mm a very viable self defense round, and in my experience, the 9mm is far more accurate than the S&W .40.

I sold all my 40s. Now, if you neck it down to a 9mm bullet (aka the .357 sig) you get the best accuracy and power possible, but you'll need a 2nd job to feed it.

lordwolfx

Knight

Glock9 is ftw =-/

btw im pretty supprized to see an NRA thread here lol, i finally feel at home in an online community

Caine

Wow, its been a while since I compared ammo prices, .40 is almost as much as .45 now and 9mm is far under. I guess I will be going with the 45 then :)

Argyle

Wanderer

The DE .50 is a piece of junk. Rotating locking lugs make it torque in your hand, and every shot costs you about $2.

Only good for show.

DROGADICTO

Sorceror

Argyle;355334 said:
The DE .50 is a piece of junk. Rotating locking lugs make it torque in your hand, and every shot costs you about $2.

Only good for show.

Yea, but I love how it looks and wouldn't carry it on me. I would just use it to blow up random stuff and have fun.

If I had to choose a pistol to carry on me for personal defense, that would definately be a 9mm loaded with Glaser type ammo, that one that's pre-fragmented. Btw that Kahr CW9 looks damn nice, and reliable. :)