UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

now what?

Amerigo

Sorceror
Next Christmas will prob have Hybrid armor or PW cloth in the presents... its the only 2 things that are still worth a shit at the moment.... everything else got fucked with.

In all honesty - I don't see why some items got handed out...

I suspect Ryan still is busy with other things and couldn't tend to the server to approve a new list. The items did seem kind of like an odd collection of leftovers though.

Amerigo

Sorceror
What do you consider the Scavenger outfits to be? Or how about the Hybrid Hunt hued clothing? Or even Return of Brit? There's still stuff out there that has been left untouched. Sheep Mask? Noxious outfits? PW Bears? Sure there used to be only 1 Layered sash, now there's 4. Those seem pretty uncommon.

Countless more popular "rare" item pieces have been rehanded out. Return of brit was handed out to a few Holy members a month ago. Hybrid hunt just happened, and some of the hues were handed out a second time. I believe the Noxious hue was in fact a dye tub hue. PW bears were offered a second time in the donation store as well. The list can keep going.

Point is items of any value can be handed out again, which isn't anything new. Just provides for a less stable economy. Certainly some of the reason items seemed to target a few people though. Namely shrouds, kasas, and PW bear masks.

Just wear what you think looks best. I have worn this set of clothing ever since it came out.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Since I am no longer "allowed" to reply to peoples comments directly - this is to you Bloody Mary -

- Ranger armor (xmas present)
- Phoenix armor (xmas present)
- Singing crystal balls (xmas present)
- Shrouds (different hue - but its still a shroud)
- PW polar bears .... ( screwed by PW beetles)
- Kasas.......... (xmas present)
- Return of brit - see Amerigo's post.
- Hybrid scav hunt - see Amerigo's post.
- 2004 winter trees - (xmas present)
- PW robes...
- Fallon robes...
- Char statue makers.....

Need I say more? Some of those were low end rares and a lot were high end rares... that had their value ruined.

Ex. - Think of the people who had a set of Phoenix armor worth 90-100m at one time. Once it got put in with xmas presents again a few years ago - the value declined to aroud 15m a set... I am sure some people who got screwed with a scenario like this got pissed enough in wanting to quit..

if the owner wasn't around to approve a new list - then instead of recycling old presents (boring) - some that never should have been handed out again... instead of screwing with high end rares - why not hand out some of the "pretty colorful awesome looking rainbow ethys" again while we are at it instead of high end stuff...?

Starnix

Sorceror
Fancy items are wonderful but what's more wonderful is to really play and experience the game. We can all sit here and argue, complain and worry about the value of "rare" items but it seems to me to be very unproductive and pointless. Maybe we all need to take a step back and think about what really makes this game great. Pretty pixels? Doubtful. A fun gaming experience, possibly! When "rares" become common place and regents, resources and craftables become "rare" we must consider other alternatives to becoming "rich". Move away from these forums for a few weeks/month and step into the game! It can be really fun if you stop seeking out what's "bad" and experiencing the "good".

The game will be fun for people once they stop playing the game for items. I used to play that way, myself but then I made some wonderful friends and I don't even really care about items. Sure they are nice to have but I'm not in the game to show off, but to enjoy it.

didn't take anything from the rich. Just saturated what they had. Don't worry, their items prices will rise back after time.

besides there is not enough gold to back the cost of items on this server. its a poor economical system and for the next few months prices will be stupid. Sit at the poker boat and rake in hugely underpriced items.

Uomvp

Knight
So the staff decided what items go in the presents? That makes a lot more sense. What they did was give people exactly what they wanted. They didn't do what's best for the shard. I highly doubt they will get anymore special donations for things, might as well wait until "staff (as you put it)" want an item and it will be handed out again. You have people who have spent insane amount of money on items that took years to collect and in 1 holiday it was destroyed. Nothing is worth anything anymore. Kasa's, shrouds, pw, fallon, hair dyes, high end housing items all worth what comes out your ass. Interesting you put this like a robin hood tale "take from the rich and give to the poor". Well tell me what poor person on hybrid can afford a 30mil kasa, 6+mil on a pw robe or boots?

Christmas was always better off with skillballs n petballs and maybe new robes/mounts plus come up with some originality. Majority of the items that are given out are all vet rewards on demise.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Starnix - people like you are missing my point. Some people give a crap about shiny pixels and some others don't. At the end of the day - people get pissed off when they spend a lot of USD or gold in game to acquire something awesome. When the value gets ruined - some of those people would get pissed... the more people who get pissed off for reasons like this - creates more of a chance that the player base will slowly decline.

It takes a long time to get a "legit new person" to join this shard (need I explain why?) ...... and it can take just a short amount of time to lose that "legit new person".

Bloody Mary - The fact that there is no "higher up admin" other than is icky is a problem in itself. Although - I do believe that Suzy is one. Dont get it twisted btw - there is still a developer on staff - so it is possible for them to create new items to add to xmas presents. By the way - I find it ironic that you are saying the "main focus of christmas this year WAS to butcher the rich and give money to the poor". So - its okay to shit on the rich players in order to satisfy the poor people? How is that doing what's best for the server? Give me a break ... you have no idea how retarded your logic sounds. No offense of course..... :rolleyes:

Pepsi_Rox

Knight
You have people who have spent insane amount of money on items that took years to collect and in 1 holiday it was destroyed. Nothing is worth anything anymore. Kasa's, shrouds, pw, fallon, hair dyes, high end housing items all worth what comes out your ass. Interesting you put this like a robin hood tale "take from the rich and give to the poor". Well tell me what poor person on hybrid can afford a 30mil kasa, 6+mil on a pw robe or boots?

Christmas was always better off with skillballs n petballs and maybe new robes/mounts plus come up with some originality. Majority of the items that are given out are all vet rewards on demise.

preach

to put it simply, there are more headpieces than heads on the shard. last year there were more mounts than people to ride them. these are flaws from a very terrible gold sink. only the hair dyes are destroyed when consumed, the only reason last christmas wasn't a complete disaster was the 7x balls, Pet Summon Balls, and PBDs. prices were already deflating, this was the dagger. donation only presents would have been the most effective way to do christmas this year. doing a donation based christmas would have also given staff accurate data to determine long-term solutions to the gold problem.

most people are "trading" right now, not "buying". so 30m in trade value is much different than 30m in cold hard gold. there's not enough gold on active players to justify any of the pricing system that is set up. the only reasonable way to fix this is to "float" items on the market by allowing people to have vendors that aren't charged per day, but rather a flat tax per sale.

http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/540603/page-2#post-3999848

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Someone please bring Bloody Mary back to reality. No - I have not had my "own server".. however I do have common sense and I do know whats best for this server.. something that I think you lack and I bet a lot of people would agree with me on. Still think you are right? We should make a poll ................

Question - Is it OKAY to shit on the rich players in order to satisfy poor players?
A) Yes (Bloody Mary)
B) Noooooooooo!!!!!!!!

AMTOTHEPM - Please do us all a favor and hold down ALT and press F4. kthxbye.

Uomvp

Knight
bloody is still rich with everything now. So what did this really change? The only thing this did was give the entitled people of the shard exactly what they want. Greed is an amazing motivator. 300 people do not still play hybrid I will almost guarantee you that, MAYBE you have 100 active player and that's a huge maybe. Basically for anyone who has ever donated for a high end item just got fucked between the hooded shrouds, kasa's or extra pw yards. Do they get a refund? This changed nothing in reality. Now you just gave the rich more items lol and "if" a new player got something sweet i'll give it a 90% chance they got lowballed and they are broke once again.

So bloody in order to bring the economy back up.. are you going to start giving all your stuff to new players or just trash barrel it all? Ek highly doubt that will happen. This isn't an economics lesson this is excuses.