UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

now what?

I would seriously love to know why a 1 of a kind item like the Kasa were given out as a Christmas present...... like - where is the logic in that????????? Its things like this that piss off players who own that item and makes them want to quit. I feel bad for whoever paid 1,000 USD for one.......

Fides - I don't blame you at all for being disappointed.

Silly santa eats his pizza with a fork and knife

Fides

Sorceror
plenty of people have been completely dicked over before in regards to handouts and stuff they donated RL $ for; so being its happened numerous times before it is perfectly plausible and not wrong whatsoever to continue doing it and dicking people over....over and over again.

ohhhhhhhhhh okayyyyyyyy...that makes sense nowwwww...I feel much better being reassured of all the times people have been fucked over...and justifying that with the reason that is okay to fuck people over :) :) :)

lets call it fuckception shall we? sorry gents....but this was the final straw for me. After much thought/cognitive reasoning with myself, the time has come for me to put an end to my "uo career". This time, its more than likely permanent. As Ray Liotta has said a few times...."been nice knowin yas fellas"

Idk I just know as a long time vet I know its always been stated that anything is subject to deletion, changing, ect at any time.

That is like buying a one of a kind car, because its a one of a kind car, but you sign a waiver saying they can create and sell more at any time. You play, so you're signing the waiver, and should keep that into consideration when spending real life money on stuff.

That is my thoughts and understanding over the years.

Uomvp

Knight
The people who got fucked were donators. Without them hybrid would cease to exist. Fides ur not the only one who quit.

Answer your question. Now what?

Nothing

Silly Santa

Sorceror
Raezion - we understand what you are saying in regard to "items in game are subjected to being deleted or given out again at any point in time".

However - don't you think that staff should take into consideration -ALL OF- the pros and cons if they were to do it? Like - take into consideration what a lot of people used to love to do - collect semi rares all the way up to high end rares. What motivation do people have in trying to acquire rares now - if most of them have their value screwed with? It takes away from an important aspect that the shard used to have. Also, it pisses off people who "used" to have a rare say worth a decent amount of gold - a rare that they bought after farming for hours and days - and now its worth not even nearly as much.. like - when it happens enough - it gives people another reason in wanting to leave. This also contributes to people not wanting to farm gold.

I just have a difficult time in understanding why some items are being given out that screw with the value of a lot of current rares - when new types of rares could be implemented into the game that don't take away from the value of current rares on the shard.

/rant
/rambling

GM Francis

Ex Hybrid Taskmaster
BECAUSE all the gm's buddies want one. I saw this coming a long time ago.

Well I should apologize, I pretty much missed the Picard era w/RL shit. That includes this past halloween. I assure you choice of any handouts is not based on bad feelings or online friends' wishes, any longer @ least. And if we think things through too much...nothing gets done. I'm going insane atm second-guessing faction changes. Shard events this past summer culminated in the need for an almost entirely new hybrid staff overnight. Mistakes have been made. Wonderful things have happened also. Going forward, staff will be added through an open application process like in the past. I am sorry the value of some items have been lowered considerably, but I wouldn't know anything about that ;)

Fides

Sorceror
Well I should apologize, I pretty much missed the Picard era w/RL shit. That includes this past halloween. I assure you choice of any handouts is not based on bad feelings or online friends' wishes, any longer @ least. And if we think things through too much...nothing gets done. I'm going insane atm second-guessing faction changes. Shard events this past summer culminated in the need for an almost entirely new hybrid staff overnight. Mistakes have been made. Wonderful things have happened also. Going forward, staff will be added through an open application process like in the past. I am sorry the value of some items have been lowered considerably, but I wouldn't know anything about that ;)

Francis I understand what you are saying and I fully believe you had no intentions to screw people over (you and I also have been cool for quite some time on uog)...so this is heat is not aimed at you persay....but....

tbh I feel like it was in fact aimed by someone....there is a certain staff member that got REALLY pist at my obvious joke thread i made about christmas: http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?threads/544288/

(I will not mention any names here bc I'm not going to call anyone out in the open in front of everyone like a little bitch) (Plus if that said person reads this...they are going to know exactly who I'm talking about)....

but...

The staff member got so mad that they chewed me out for it basically saying i was 'causing a ruckus' and causing all sorts of problems w/ the shard.. (which i wasn't)...the Kappa face at the end obviously signifies it was a joke (if people couldn't understand that symbolism then I don't know what to say to regards to their level of intelligence....I mean really...).

But what I'm getting at....is that certain staff member knew damn well that my Kasa was my most prized possession....and that certain staff member also has seriously disliked me for YEARS...(I can name 10-20 people right now past and present that can vouch for of this person having a SERIOUS disliking for me...enough to get a final "fuck you" because it was an itch they couldn't scratch for YEARS...and they finally got the opportunity to do so..) With my thread being "don't worry fellas, no Kasa's" at the end with the GM's DAMN WELL knowing handing out as many kasa's like theyre fucking obama phones as they did would absolutely RUIN their value...not just their value...but their sentimental and 'priceless' value as well...But with the absence of Ryan for god knows how long now...and the shard turning into a shit storm of scams, corruption, peoples houses getting deleted for personal gain, hundreds of gold sellers etc etc etc (I don't even need to continue with the long list of shit that's going on)... with all that being said.....it is not hard to believe something like this would happen. Especially being that person got their 'ultimate fuck you' on the person they never could...and finally got the opportunity to do so...

I am not saying that this 'said GM' completely implemented the kasas...but what I AM saying is they planted the seed of the idea and did whatever they could to see fit that it was implemented...

If you have questions or concerns, please inbox me or message me on skype...I will not discuss personal names/and or reasoning in this thread any more than I have done so as I will not drag anyones' name through the dirt over public air...that is childish and stupid.

I have damn good reasons as to why I believe all of this and I have quite a few people that would vouch for me on all of this and would also say "yeah...this wouldn't surprise me at all that 'said person' would do this partly as a personal vendetta"

PS....I am glad I was able to plant an idea (the ankhs in the presents) that added something cool into the game...you're welcome shard.

/thread
/account
/presence

once again....flame away sirs

Raezion - we understand what you are saying in regard to "items in game are subjected to being deleted or given out again at any point in time".

However - don't you think that staff should take into consideration -ALL OF- the pros and cons if they were to do it? Like - take into consideration what a lot of people used to love to do - collect semi rares all the way up to high end rares. What motivation do people have in trying to acquire rares now - if most of them have their value screwed with? It takes away from an important aspect that the shard used to have. Also, it pisses off people who "used" to have a rare say worth a decent amount of gold - a rare that they bought after farming for hours and days - and now its worth not even nearly as much.. like - when it happens enough - it gives people another reason in wanting to leave. This also contributes to people not wanting to farm gold.

I just have a difficult time in understanding why some items are being given out that screw with the value of a lot of current rares - when new types of rares could be implemented into the game that don't take away from the value of current rares on the shard.

/rant
/rambling

Silly Santa drives a Toyota Prius irl

Wtf is an Obama phone? IF they were handed out like candy how come I never got one? So you think you're special in that one guy will fuck over all the people who own kasa's just to make you mad? Some delusions of grandeur you have there :/

Fides

Sorceror
Wtf is an Obama phone? IF they were handed out like candy how come I never got one? So you think you're special in that one guy will fuck over all the people who own kasa's just to make you mad? Some delusions of grandeur you have there :/

Not Delusions...years of history with this person in which they always had some sortof personal vendetta against me. And the christmas thread I made heated them enough to probably do so.

I have no qualms with you Simon, nor have I ever had any, but do not add pointless cynicism being you don't understand the reasoning behind it

Uomvp

Knight
Dude Remington already stated a few times that it was "done for the good of the shard" aka they knew exactly what was going into those presents. Nothing was wrong with the normal skillballs etc.. This is how bad hybrid is... THEY HAVE A STAFF MEMBER WHO RUNS ONE OF THE LARGEST GUILDS ON UOFROEVER! It is what it is but I would highly doubt that hybrid will get anymore special donations for any item again just wait until it's handed out. Shrouds are worthless cause you can get a Halloween one for 2mil. Kasa's a joke with 100 handed out, mass return of brit handed out to there buddies, pw flooded the market again, fallon flooded the market again, house deco isn't worth shit. The best part which made me laugh my ass off was someone tried to make a point in saying demise people should just come to hybrid (joke) but yet all the prizes and novelty items come from demise. Those curtains, stone ankhs, all the prizes in the little "league of w/e", I heard the Halloween ghost in a chair, mini iron maidens come from uoforever (going by what people said never played there myself). I could careless who has an issue with me or not doesn't effect my day but hybrid is so out of control it's not even funny. No one even takes enough authority to calm down people who make 1000 different forum accounts.

People hated hardcore on Tessa and Lynn but Tessa controlled the forums to make sure everyone played nicely. If you're a long-term veteran you already know the last person you want to see inside the jail was Lynn (she is hardcore but also held people accountable and took no shit from anyone)

At the end of the day if you're not having fun or you find playing a waste then don't play. I'm not going to post anymore cause I don't play hybrid anymore/again.

so now that only a few of the high donators (icky + others???) has yet to be fucked (private island castle)... Can we get that wipe now? The major qualm about that idea was that it would screw those who donated over royally.. but then..

complete wipe and rework dungeons/loot/donation store(no gold) and a good, solid advertising team could really put a jolt into this shards life and it may kick for 5 more years. Or not. But what does it matter if it fails? :(

Actually make a section of forum for shard polls only created by a staff capable of making decisions about changes to every aspect of the game and flood the in-game playerbase with links to it. Kind of like what mark did to his zanzabar shard.

Silly Santa

Sorceror
hybrid is not a "lost cause" .... but that all depends on how devoted the people are who have the power to change things here *cough cough*

Smokeuog

Sorceror
The items don't come from other shards :) they come from UO the game lol most of them are craftables in the updated crap version of the game. :)