UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Official House Design Contest [6 Winnters, 7.5mil up for grabs] Ends April 8th 2011 7pm central time

this is a rough draft , looking for ideas/suggestions on a upcomming "player run event"
update: official rules will be posted friday 7pm central time.
Short&SIMPLE:

the 2 houses i have near yew bank, i took all the vendors down at first because i had high offers for the houses, but the offers fell threw and this gives me a ideal time to come up with a better design.
Straight2ThePoint:

basicly its a contest like in the past of "best house design" but the design will be implemented into the 2 houses at yew.

This shouldn't be easy due to the small size of house and being able to fit 25 vendors at house1 & 24 vendors at house2.

idealy the more vendors that the house design can hold the better, atleast 5 vendors required to be considered per house design.

I know your time is valueable so I have a prize system for the hardwork and the skill that you have. Also since yew bank is a high traffic area, alot of people will be able to see and enjoy your artwork.

6 Winners
First place: 3 Million gold
Second place: 2 Million gold
Third place: 1 Million gold
Fourth place: 750k gold
Fifth place: 500k gold
Six place: 250k

Total Prize money: 7.5 million gold.

Winners will be voted on via a new 2nd thread once contest is over. (by forum "vote" method)
Winners will be voted on via house design entry and how many "likes" they have by the deadline of April 8th 2011 7:00 pm central time

size *correction on house size* thanks to PUCCA and KeilaniMoon
House 1:
10x11
House 2:
8x12
I have no problem of a GM/staff member holding the gold upfront before the contest starts.

I can assure you this will be a genuine event.
thank you in advance for your feedback
Questions & Answers:

Question:
Please post photos of plots so I can work with any blockage etc. Since you have two houses do people need to submit two designs? Are the houses side by side? Please give a little bit more info this sounds like a TON of fun. Also, are these houses going to be used JUST for vendors or would you like to have it be a house to store things as well? Do want designs to be PVP proof? What are you looking for?

Answer:
Those are great questions, thank you for asking.
First question here are the 4 photos of the location, side by side.
http://img52.imageshack.us/g/house2001.jpg/
Also it's one screen east of yew bank if you wanted to see the location in game.

There is not a requirement to have Two designs for both houses to be considered for the prize money. You may submit one design for either house sizes and still quailfy for the prize money.

Also about the storage/vendormall/PVP proof question , The best answer to that is With less restriction on guidelines the better/unique the output. I know that theres alot of talented people out there that can make a house look Amazing, one thing I DO Require is atleast 5 vendor spots per house though, but for the most part I'm really open to anything.

Something to consider: The forum users will be voting on the winners.

Question:
so can we only enter one or what? because i can come up with a few different designs

Answer:
Great question Keilani, and thank you for asking.
You can submit unlimited designs, which should give you better chance at winning. So don't hold back show us what your made of!

Question:
how does this work? what if we dont have the 2 plots to customize to show our design

Answer:
Another great question we have here from White Lotus, and thank you for asking.
I will be searching for a guide on this, There is a few ways that I know of.
#1 RunUO, which I heard from Mark takes only a few mins to setup (most of you probably have already done this in the past)
http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...house-design-with-prizes.469677/#post-3662535
^a detailed guide thanks to BriarMoss.

#2 if you already to happen to have a house size that is of the ones provided above
#3 if you have a larger house for example a 18x18 or smaller and go in House customization and redesign BUT NOT SAVE it, if ur house is 1 tile larger just do not use the extra tile space, same if its more tiles larger, aslong as we get the screen shots PER FLOOR then it would be fine.

Question:
I'd also suggest (if youre serious about this) having people PM you the images of their design without any names or anything visable to try to keep it anonymous so "popular" people dont have all their friends vote for them.

Answer:
Sorry about missing your question earler BriarMoss, but nonetheless this is a great question and thank you for asking.
This is more of a community event to have fun and to play around with the house customization on UO. It will be interesting to see everyones perspectives on house design with this challenging task on size. I believe the transparency of how the winners will be chosen will open more contenders to this event.

Anyone can win, popular or not. Just get your friends to show support and do a good job on the design(s).

BriarMoss

Sorceror
Please post photos of plots so I can work with any blockage etc. Since you have two houses do people need to submit two designs? Are the houses side by side? Please give a little bit more info this sounds like a TON of fun. Also, are these houses going to be used JUST for vendors or would you like to have it be a house to store things as well? Do want designs to be PVP proof? What are you looking for?

BriarMoss

Sorceror
I'd also suggest (if youre serious about this) having people PM you the images of their design without any names or anything visable to try to keep it anonymous so "popular" people dont have all their friends vote for them.

heres a quick one i threw together for ya dont think i placed them in the exact spot urs are in but its close
View attachment 63182

You Can Imput Different Walls instead of those walls i just love those walls =)

wow I honestly like that, we might have ourselfs a winner already =)

Just confirmed with IckyFloyd, one of the richest players on the shard will hold the money. Even though this is a rough draft phase, I'll be giving the 7.5mil to icky and taking a screen shot of it and upload it in about 2 hours or so, To assure everyone that this is a real 7.5 million up for grabs, let's have some fun!

he will be replying to the thread in about 2 hours .

If no more questions/suggestions I'll have this go "live" tomorrow at 7pm central time and end two weeks(gives enough time for people to see this thread and enough time to submit your work)

Also if only 5 people enter, i'll divide the prize total by 5 ... 7.5million will be given out when this contest is over, even if 1 person submits they will win the 7.5mil.

If you are wondering "What's in it for you?"
Simple, THREE things

#1, This will be a fun event to see who's who in the house design skill and a nice way for them to get recognized for there creativity
#2, My two houses at yew wont be a eye sore for the players that walk by it, as you can tell its just a big box of looking house.
#3, IF this event goes well, I would like to create 3-4 more "player run events" that I have some unique ideas on.

For the past 13 months that I've been back, I've had a EXTREMELY enjoyable time on uogamers: hybrid. I really couldn't ask for a better experience. I've met alot of interesting and cool people. I hope to play another 13 months and so on.

IF no one votes I'll go with the first 6 designs from the first 6 forum members. Remember, to get your friends to vote on you and spread the word.

It's official, the 8mil passed on to ickyfloyd, (paid him a extra 500k, its hard to find good help these days)

Does anyone have a guide on creating ur own Test shard?
http://www.runuo.com/community/forums/runuo-discussion.49/
I don't know shit about runUO tho, but i heard from ALOT of people its just basicly logging into ur own private shard, you just type a admin command to get gold and admin command for house placement tool then ur done

BriarMoss

Sorceror
Ok, since I was noob at this I'll explain.
For purposes of this contest.

Download RunUO http://svn.runuo.com/RunUO-2.1-R605.zip
Extract to a folder RunUO on desktop or wherever
Run/Double Click RunUO.exe

(it'll say create owner account now y/n)
Y (enter)
username: root
password: user
(or whatever you want them to be doesnt matter)

Launch Razor
Server: 127.0.0.1 : 2593 (i THINK this is universal, check your RunUO screen to see what yours might be)

User/Pass Root/User (or whatever ones you made it for owner account)

Congrats ur logged in!!!!

No in game type

[go yew
(now you're in Yew)
[add houseplacementtool
(click on ground, pick tool up)

YOU DO NOT NEED MONEY TO MAKE OR CUSTOM A HOUSE AS A GM/ADMIN/OWNER

now place the two houses
customize them
screenshots!!!
post to here
cross ur fingers you win
and ur done!!

A huge thank you to Briar Moss. Thank you very much

update:
I'm not going to lie, I thought it was a complex task so I wasn't going to download RunUO, but the way he showed a detailed guide and how easy it looked, I went for it and tried it.
Honestly total time was about 10mins, and more than half the time was Extraction the files out of the setup, It was really that simple 2-3mins max to do the steps once the extraction process was over,

a side note: This is a ideal tool to have when you want to see what a new hue would look like cut and tailored into a clothing item. Instead of waiting for server wars to try what looks like what cut, you can do it instantly with this program.

26 steps.
5 tiles down

House #1 Design

Bottom Floor.

Middle Floor.

Top Floor.

Top Floor. (Can fit all Vendors on here, easily accessible from anyside of the house.)

I wanted to design a nice house which looks good, but with a very easily accessible vendor mall area.

Ignore the white tiles, as my house was bigger than yours and so I had to ignore these tiles.

Im reposting this because I know other people having problems with this very same issue & UOGamers50 asked me to repost it.

Basically, I downloaded installed and ran RUNUO, following Briar Moss's guide, and it was very easy to do..

But I had an error - and other people did too.
Where basically, we place the house, etc.. but there's no house sign... So we cannot customize any of them.
Anyone have a fix for this?

Jim Bob

Wanderer
Im reposting this because I know other people having problems with this very same issue & UOGamers50 asked me to repost it.

Basically, I downloaded installed and ran RUNUO, following Briar Moss's guide, and it was very easy to do..

But I had an error - and other people did too.
Where basically, we place the house, etc.. but there's no house sign... So we cannot customize any of them.
Anyone have a fix for this?

If you are using the client 7.0.13.0 there is an error with it currently. Mark is working on it so that people do not have to keep reinstalling. We are hoping he has it all ready by server wars. If not reinstall and do not patch past 7.0.12.1.

[note to a forum mod I mistyped the title "6 Winnters" I was unable to change , May you fix it to "6 Winners" Thank you and sorry in advance.]

6 Winners
First place: 3 Million gold
Second place: 2 Million gold
Third place: 1 Million gold
Fourth place: 750k gold
Fifth place: 500k gold
Six place: 250k

Total Prize money: 7.5 million gold.
*If a Tie of more than 2 people, The prize money for that bracket will be divided by X amount of winners.
Winners will be voted on via house design entry(a reply to this thread that meets the guidelines.) and how many "likes" they have by the deadline of April 8th 2011 7:00 pm central time
size
House 1:
10x11
House 2:
8x12

------------
This shouldn't be easy due to the small size of house and being able to fit 25 vendors at house1 & 24 vendors at house2.

idealy the more vendors that the house design can hold the better, atleast 5 vendors required to be considered per house design.
------------

Guidelines for House Designers & For Non-House Designers(voting rights)
Ultimately your design may be implemented into the actual houses near yew bank. With that said
#1. SCREEN SHOTS: A) If you are submitting 1 design Entry for 1 house. 3 screen shots minimal, standing in the middle of the house per floor.
B) If you are submitting 1 design Entry for 2 houses, 6 screen shots minimal, standing in the middle of the house per each floor.
(The more pics the better, as long as someone could look at your pictures and be able to mimic the design to the house location)
#2. Votes will be counted Via the forum "likes" method, during the 2 week period you may like/unlike as new designs come.
#3. How many Votes do I have? House designers have 4 Voting rights, Non-house designers have 2 voting rights. (incentive to be a house designer), You may only give only 1 of your votes per design Entry(unable to give more than 1 vote for one specific design)
#4. *Forfeiture of voting rights* IF you go over the allocated voting rights you will disqualify your voting rights, so be aware of how many likes you gave out.)
#5. This thread is basicly for replys of house design Entries. If you reply in this thread to create a flame war, or if you reply in this thread without a quailified house design you will forfeit all of your voting rights. **A example of what should be replied in this will be below.**
#6. Any commentary of someone else's (negative or positive) will forfiet your voting rights.

Rules Last updated at 7:00 PM central time, Any modifications of the rules will be in red writing.

The contest will be over on April 8th 2011, 7pm central time.
For additional Questions/Answers/support/commentary please visit
http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...er-run-event-house-design-with-prizes.469677/

Example of a qualified entry & the only thing that SHOULD be replied to this thread.

House #1 Design

Bottom Floor.

Middle Floor.

Top Floor.

Top Floor. (Can fit all Vendors on here, easily accessible from anyside of the house.)

I wanted to design a nice house which looks good, but with a very easily accessible vendor mall area.

Ignore the white tiles, as my house was bigger than yours and so I had to ignore these tiles.

***Perfect example. 3 screen shots, 1 per floor. able to mimic the design to the yew houses and a short paragraph of what is shown.****

*a note to staff, Thank You for allowing me to run this event.*
GOOD LUCK! spread the word and may the best design win!

Even though you've quoted my design - I'm going to repost it so people can Like it etc.

House #1 Design

Bottom Floor.

Middle Floor.

Top Floor.

You could put a few tweaks in yourself to customize it slightly, add a waterfall for example.