UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Provocation Guide

Provocation Guide

Provocation is probably the hardest skill in the game to GM. But if you follow this guide you should be able to get it done in a few days instead of a few weeks.

This is one skill I'd reccomed buying at 50 to start, just cause its so hard to raise.

First off, don't worry about raising your musicanship since it will raise normally with your Provocation.

Starting at skill 50 Provoke the Following:

50 - 75: Find an area that's inclosed and cast Blade Spirits, then Provoke them on each other. I found the the arena South of Luna worked great, but inside you home can work as well.

75 - 85: Tame or Buy two Giant Beetles. Then either find a remote location where you can trap them close to each other (I used the little hills south of Delucia, what I did was teleport onto one of the spots on the hill that is impossible to walk to, then got off the beetle and teleported back down) or buy 3 boats and place one on each boat with yourself on the third. (The basic idea is that the beetles need to be close enough to provoke on each other, but without any chance of actually attacking each other or you). Release the beetles and then begin provoking them on each other.

85 - GM: Get a Boat and either head to the Ice teleporter South of Delucia or take the Passage to Lighthouse North West of Yew. Be careful because both of these regions are full of monsters and its easy to get killed out here if you're not careful. If you are careful, its easy to avoid them and run past them. (Just watch out for the Wyvern outside of the lighthouse, you'll run right into him if you just charge out).

Once in either spot drop your boat and sail East from the Lighthouse, or West from the Ice teleporter. You'll come across a small island called Wyvern's Island. On the island are dozens of Wyverns. Keep you distance and sail to the southern end of the island, then follow the west coast until you get to a spot where the south and north parts of the island are divided by a small strip of water. Park your boat a few tiles away from the island, close enough to see the land, but far enough away so that the Wyverns can't kill you.

After a moment you should have half a dozen Wyverns from both sides of the island trying to get to you. Start provoking the Wyverns from one side onto Wyverns on the other side. They won't be able to get to each other and you can safely leave your character macroing away here until GM and beyond.

If you need help with the macro, here is the one I used for Razor:

Use Skill Provoke
Target Wyvern on North Side
Target Wyvern on South Side
Pause 10 seconds
Use Skill Provoke
Target Wyvern on South Side
Target Wyvern on North Side
Pause 10 seconds
If
Journal contains "instrument"
Double click by type "Harp"
else

Hope this helps!

qweazdak

Wanderer
negative, i only got to 54.6 using two grizzlies. either a) its too slow or b) i cant gain anymore. any other method to get up to beetle provoking? blade spirits sounds tiring.

defcon

Wanderer
And in all repect to the guy that wrote the guide i found that you can start beetles at 50 and you can start wyverns at the island at 65 im not trying to make his way sound bad, it was my insperation lol just addin my 2 cents in...

Yurup-demise

Wanderer
Because Razor doesn't always read the journal right this is the macro I've used for the Wyvern's.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3762|True
Assistant.Macros.UseSkillAction|22
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:01
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|81978|5851|2479|0|62
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|82173|5855|2482|1|62
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:10
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|82173|5855|2484|-2|62
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|0|0|81978|5851|2479|0|62

And this is my summon BS macro, it is probely faster to summon BS by hand and provoke them by hand but this works fine as well. The higher LRC the better.

!Loop
Assistant.Macros.DoubleClickTypeAction|3762|True
Assistant.Macros.ExtCastSpellAction|33|4294967295
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:11
Assistant.Macros.AbsoluteTargetAction|1|0|0|1180|3634|0|0
Assistant.Macros.PauseAction|00:00:05
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|574
Assistant.Macros.TargetTypeAction|True|574

Nym-demise

Wanderer
Yes, Only in Fel right now.

As far as the blade spirits go, its a good way to train both Provo and Magery at the same time.

Glasgowx

Wanderer
Whats the best way to seperate monsters. I'm at 57 right now and went through Solen hive and provo everything there. Could use a little more help since this skill seems pretty hard to work up. Thx

Mythos said:
Whats the best way to seperate monsters. I'm at 57 right now and went through Solen hive and provo everything there. Could use a little more help since this skill seems pretty hard to work up. Thx

boats work well if you can afford to get 2 of em.