UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Provocation Guide

Hawken

Wanderer
Re: Provocation Guide

Sometimes you have to run around a bit and locate them. They tend to wander sometimes or get lead away.

Xenz

Squire

Ok I just started provocation. I started out wearing some jewels to get to 50 and provo'd scorps on 2 boats till my real skill was about 55. I then put my jewel back on to get to 68 and went to find the overseers. 2 different days I attempted to find them with only 1 being spawned. I gave up on that and ran to exodus dungeon found 2 seers and provod them, they killed eachother. I am guessing that EA changed them to not be immune to physical anymore? So basically im here wondering whats the BEST way to gm now? I put my jewel on and went to wyvern isle and ive gained 1.5 decently fast. Should I stay there? or would beetles be faster till about 85 then work wyvern isle to 100?

Hawken

Wanderer

Wyverns or Exodus Overseers. Either would be good and will get you to GM. Do not expect the gains to fly, especially as your skill gets higher. They may be slow, but they will be consistent.

Xenz

Squire

I tried overseers but they killed eachother when I provo'd them onto eachother thats why I stopped trying to find 2 by the enslaved gargs.

Hawken

Wanderer

They shouldn't have. I trained provocation from 60 to GM in one sitting on 2 Exodus Overseers and they would hardly do any damage at all to each other.

Xenz

Squire

Im not sure I woke up today ran to enslaved gargs only saw 1 overseer. Couldnt find the other, but I knew exodus dungeon was close so I went there pulled 2 overseer's to that room way to the north west with the cross lookin object in the middle of it. provo'd both seers onto eachother within 1 minute 1 seer died to the other.

Maybe EA changed the overseers? Or are the ones at the enslaved camp special? Been sitting at wyverns since I posted the first time id say about 4hours and ive went from 50-66.2 real skill.

Edit
- I tried again at the garg camp figured out how to get 2 to spawn, however it does not matter they kill eachother very quickly. So youd have to keep the overseers apart from eachother.

Dollpartz

Squire

Hmm.. that's strange. If you provo 2 overseers onto each other they shouldn't do damage as they are resistant to physical.

Hawken

Wanderer

Just making sure, but what you are calling an Overseer looks like this, correct?

Attachments

• exodusoverseer.gif
    exodusoverseer.gif
    14 KB · Views: 97

Hawken

Wanderer

I just wanted to make sure Xenz is trying to provoke two of those and not something else. Because like Dollpartz explained, Overseers are resistant to physical damage and can also only deal physical damage and therefore cannot kill each other.

Xenz

Squire

Yep they look like that. I provo'd 2 onto eachother and they die fairly quick.

kayo_michael

Wanderer

I tried it just now, and they are still immune to physical damange.

HOEVER, this physical resistance is broken once they lose about 10% HP. If you are sending furies or damaging them to control/get their attention, then you may be destroying their immunity.

Make sure both overseers are in perfect health, then provoke away!

Xenz

Squire

Ill try it again, all I did was go into war mode double click it, and run to the pillar. No damage done they still died super fast.

*Edit*
nope yet again they killed each other no damage done but what they did.

If anyone is on atlantic and could show me how its done maybe i am doing something wrong. I go warmode pull 1 there I then invis and go back for another pull it there tele to pillar provoke one kills the other.

kayo_michael

Wanderer

Xenz;456793 said:
Ill try it again, all I did was go into war mode double click it, and run to the pillar. No damage done they still died super fast.

*Edit* nope yet again they killed each other no damage done but what they did.

If anyone is on atlantic and could show me how its done maybe i am doing something wrong. I go warmode pull 1 there I then invis and go back for another pull it there tele to pillar provoke one kills the other.

That might be your problem.

Ycelso

Wanderer

i started a character with 50 provo and got from 50 to 73 with two swamp dragons. I used crates to seperate them at my house.

Ycelso

Wanderer

Jaisee;300738 said:
Newb question:

Don't aggressive mobs pop out of the house when they're not tamed? I'd like to work on my provo / disco, but so far any creature that I release in the house doesn't stay.

ok idk if they answered already or what but what you have to do is make some sort of pen for the released creature.

if the house is not public and a released animal walks more than 1 tile, then it will be kicked out. All you have to do is make sure that creature cannot move.