UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Provocation Guide

JamesDean

Wanderer
Re: Provocation Guide

I just traind provo from 30+ to 90 on beetles. It went quite slow near the end...but hey I did it afk. Just wanted to add my 2 cents :)

camper

Sorceror

2 beetles cap off at 90.0 for gains... I'll have to give wyvern isle a go one of these days.

Mr.Smits

Wanderer

I started Provo at 50 and was 110 provo in one night of watching T.V.
How you ask? Exodus Overseers near Honor Shrine in Ilsh.
Goto Honor, head north in the cave, you'll see enslaved gargoyals.
Grab 2 of the overseers, drag them east past the savage camp, and north to the garden area north of the ridgeback spawn area. (You'll see what I'm talking about if you head north) There will be a small platform you can teleport onto in the middle of the lake with a garg statue on the top.
Since the overseers are non magical, and imune to physical damage, they will never kill eachother. :D You can safely provoke all night long and never have to worry about a death^^

If you can seem to find the spot, ask me in game, i'll be happy to show you where its at.

Von - Demise

slowjeep

Sorceror

I have a house set up for this sort of thing. Its the little house at the solen spawn on tram. The one in that little clearing, where only 1 house will fit. check out the layout, or if you want to use it send me a pm.

The solen in the area have the same barding difficulty as a tamed beetle. So its a good spot to start at.

JonoM

Wanderer

Mr.Smits said:
I started Provo at 50 and was 110 provo in one night of watching T.V.
How you ask? Exodus Overseers near Honor Shrine in Ilsh.
Goto Honor, head north in the cave, you'll see enslaved gargoyals.
Grab 2 of the overseers, drag them east past the savage camp, and north to the garden area north of the ridgeback spawn area. (You'll see what I'm talking about if you head north) There will be a small platform you can teleport onto in the middle of the lake with a garg statue on the top.
Since the overseers are non magical, and imune to physical damage, they will never kill eachother. :D You can safely provoke all night long and never have to worry about a death^^

If you can seem to find the spot, ask me in game, i'll be happy to show you where its at.

Von - Demise

this works great I gmed provo in like 8 hours!!!

Xyle

Wanderer

lol all that is so more complicated then it has to be. when you get 60-70 skill, go to honor ish, go north into the cave, int there lore 2 exidox overseers east through the pass in the mountins to the shrine thing in the water, teleport out onto one of the pillars, then provok away. works the same for peace and discord. so much easier

Dinin

Wanderer

hey im after help :/

im stuck at 104.1 prov, with 115 music (stupid i know) the exodus overseers dont work anymore and i need something to get me to 120. it doenst have to be afk. paragons seem to be working, but, their paragons...

i tried 2 rotting corpses, didnt gain off them at all with jewls that took me to 116, any suggestions?

iamtehwalrus

Wanderer

If anyone's having trouble getting from GM to 120, this is what I did and it worked fairly well.

First off, I locked my musicianship at 100. Anything higher than 100 will give you a bonus to your provocation which you don't want while you're training (well usually at least). And a bit of a side note, your skills raise a LOT faster if you have a low total skill count. So ideally you want to start a fresh character and lock focus/meditation/everything else. But of course you don't always have that luxury, so you just have to work with it.

From GM - 110, you can use either (I think) exodus overseers or yomotsu warriors.

The exodus overseers don't hurt each other, so you dont' have to worry about trapping them.

For the yomotsu warriors, there's a marble area with an ankh (outside of the yomotsu mines). Drag one warrior inside and trap him in there. Find another and just drag it around the outside and provoke the two together. Also, you'll notice that the warriors keep wandering around, but the inside one will never be able to escape. And if you want, you can use your own body plus a horse to block them so they don't move around so much (since they're provoked you don't have to worry about them attacking you)

From 110-120, you can use rotten corpses.

However, for the RCs, you'll need +provocation jewelry at first. The minimum provoking you need is around 113 (at 100 musicianship... it'll be lower with higher musicianship), but you should get jewelry to boost you up to 114 or so to be safe. Here's what I did to macro on RCs. I went to Humility in Ilshenar, and I found 4 RCs (SE of the moongate). I dragged them all up to the ledge near the shrine, and I parked myself up on top so they couldn't get to me.

To make this easier, I'll number them. I provoked #1 onto #2. I walked down and brought #3 and #4 up top with me. I provoked #3 and #4 together (you have to be sure you're relatively close to #1 and #2). I provoked #3 onto #1 and then #4 onto #2. By this point, they should all have stopped attacking each other (since they're provoked onto the RCs they can't get to). They'll wander around quickly, so you have to use your body (and a horse) to make sure they don't go around the ledge and start attacking each other.

Once you get them all cozy and settled in, you just make a macro to provoke the top ones on the bottom ones.

Attached is a picture of the end result.

Attachments

• RCs.JPG
    RCs.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 353

Jaisee

Wanderer

Newb question:

Don't aggressive mobs pop out of the house when they're not tamed? I'd like to work on my provo / disco, but so far any creature that I release in the house doesn't stay.

Another Newb question:

How do I get tamed creatures on my boat?

iamtehwalrus

Wanderer

Jaisee;300738 said:
Newb question:

Don't aggressive mobs pop out of the house when they're not tamed? I'd like to work on my provo / disco, but so far any creature that I release in the house doesn't stay.

Another Newb question:

How do I get tamed creatures on my boat?

Yeah all non-tamed creatures despawn out of your house after a couple of hours.

I'm not sure about the boat question, but IMO you don't need any animals that you can't ride. If you start off at 50 skill, you can use giant beetles up to 80-90, and from there you can use hiryus up to GM. So just mount your animals onto the boat

Strukt

Wanderer

Does the Overseer trick still work for anyone else? I was at 53.5 when i started standing on the column, and I have yet to get gain off them.

/Olorin