UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Publish 78 - 10/13/2007

Xenon

Wanderer
Re: Update - 10/13/2007

i dont see how some ppl can complain about the wep lbods. wep bods were JUNK before the update... I set them kindly on the blacksmith's floor when i got them. now maybe I'll get something from all those worthless wep bods. thanks for the good work, and thanks for listening to the community and making updates accordingly.

0mega

Wanderer

Mara;1571334 said:
I don't know. I've spent a lot of time in the dungeons, and I just don't see it. There seems to be only two things going on in dungeons. High level tamers popping in for a quick kill. And pkers hunting those high level tamers. Everyone else learns really fast that the dungeons are a pretty dangerous place to be. Yeah, there are some exceptions, but it's pretty rare. For a shard that supposedly has 1000 people online, there can't be more than 10-30 total players in all dungeons at any given time (and that is probably being generous). The only one I really see is Destard, which seems to be a place where people like to PVP with monsters around at the same time.

Everything else on the shard seems to sort of revolve around a handful of PVP spots which everybody recalls back and forth to looking to hop in on a gank. Or really to get whatever action they can, however they can. Shard seems to have gotten pretty one-dimensional lately.

I know Marcus seems to have come across as a little austere, but hey. Anytime you are the one that loses when changes are made, you aren't going to be happy. That guy was one of the few people that was selling BOD rewards like crazy for reasonable prices. Changes that only hurt a portion of the playerbase are bound to make some people pretty unhappy. I remember when they nerfed thieves, and those guys weren't too happy at all. Everyone else was quite glad with the changes because it made the game easier for them.

QFT

Smartest post yet.

Farrel

Sorceror

I think it stinks I come back form Vacation to find that my 39 Polar Bear Rugs and 11 Brown Bear Rugs east about 50 mil + before is now worth nothing just think about all that work million of mouse clicking all the wheeling and dealing I dont understand it IS IT WRONG FOR ME TO BE UPSET
Sir Yoyo

JamesD

Wanderer

Farrel;1577147 said:
I think it stinks I come back form Vacation to find that my 39 Polar Bear Rugs and 11 Brown Bear Rugs east about 50 mil + before is now worth nothing just think about all that work million of mouse clicking all the wheeling and dealing I dont understand it IS IT WRONG FOR ME TO BE UPSET
Sir Yoyo

Nah, nothing you can do about it though. Sometimes the changes on the shard mess over a select few, but usually they help many more.

WhiteBay

Sorceror

What about doing old BODRewards but removing the blessed weapons in factions?
Those people who collect bods have spent a lot of time and money into Creating the toons to collect them. If the Supply for the aggy hammers raise, lowering their price; Shouldn't it be the people who spend hours collecting bods to decide if its still worth it? These are the people that are inflating the market with these hammers anyway.

BTW marcus, don't get so offended, go raging and trying to get other people to rage... BREATHE EASY!

MarcusO

Sorceror

WhiteBay;1579277 said:
BTW marcus, don't get so offended, go raging and trying to get other people to rage... BREATHE EASY!

[e Breathes In and Out

Yeah...I raged a bit, but I'm over it.

FYI - I've had about a dozen people share my disappointment over these changes via AIM, but they're afraid to post their feelings because they'll get flamed or banned or something. The way I see it, I lost ~$4Mil by being a sucker and making a higher level LBOD right after the Nerf changes went in. Isn't that worth a little rage? :)

After taking a healthy 3 weeks off from this game. I can safely say:

"Who cares?"

And there is a word for people who bitch and moan about stuff they have no control over to people who can't change things either, and don't have the balls to publicly express themselves for the fear of being misinterpreted among their wimpy cries for reperation and reimbursements...

"*****"

Hell, Marcus0 has popped off at the mouth more than anyone and he's not banned. But i've mostly heard and felt good things about the changes myself.

It'll all be ok. And if it won't. Well, it's just a game.

MarcusO

Sorceror

TheTalentedMrZing;1583266 said:
After taking a healthy 3 weeks off from this game. I can safely say:

<snip>

Hell, Marcus0 has popped off at the mouth more than anyone and he's not banned. But i've mostly heard and felt good things about the changes myself.

I honestly try to post constructive criticism, though I might fail here and there. And if Mark/Zip/Ryan or any staff member posted or PM'd me and told me to STFU, I would certainly and quickly comply. It is just a game, and I post with hopes of helping to improve it.

On that note...maybe you should take another few weeks off. You weren't missed :)

MarcusO is right regarding the level of activity in dungeons. I used to crawl the dungeons alot, typically deceit, shame, khaldun and destard. Prior to the loot changes, there always seemed to be a decent stream of blues (and not just solo blues) or reds and you always had to be ready for some pvp action. The best was the epic red vs red battles that would occur (usually in deceit).

Post-loot changes, most I ever encounter is a solo blue tamer that does a few kills and then leaves. When I'm in a dungeon for an extended amount of time, at most I typically see only 1 or 2 blues. On rare occasions I've seen a red at Destard or Shame lvl3. By reducing the loot, they made dungeons easier (and less interesting), because you don't have to fight for kills, and your chance of getting pk'd is next to nothing compared to before.

IMHO dungeon pvp is more interesting because you have to contend with the spawn, its harder for people to run away from a fight, plus it was a nice change of scenery from the usual hoping between brit gy, bucs and del...

I agree the loot in dungeons needs to be increased as well. PvP happens where people are (duh) and dungeons offer a different setting for PvP. In old UO that is where most of the action occurred.

I would like to see some dongeon loot been improve to .. there are really few interesting spot to hunt for tamers and dexters.. Deciet,wrong got nothing interesting to hunt really. This would make the shard even more interesting ! SIlver weapon are usuless unless you gank Lichs Lords..

Anyway Ty Gm for the good work so far .. revive champion spawn was a good idea!