UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jab

Wanderer
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

The reason Bucs was created was for Reds to have a city to use, if thats what you want to call it. Not Brit or any other city.

Its simple. Hybrid is a Hybrid server i understand that. But lets not venture to far from the orignal game. most of us fell in love with the game back when it came out not 10 years later.

OrisAcropolis;1650598 said:
While we're at it, let's just put in a whole facet for "blues only" and call it Trammel.

someone already said this...lets get original people

ZenZorn

Wanderer

I think having reds in SL or Minax is fine as they are supposed to be "evil", just odd to see TB or Order guilds reds, but that again is just from a pure RP/Lore point of view

Varda Sirith

Wanderer

If there's one thing I learned from the OSI shards; Start screwing with the criminal element in the game and your shard will become a sanitized piece of garbage with nothing but bank sitting trammelites showing of their uber 133+ gear that had little to no consequence when acquired.

Leave things as they are. If you are worried about getting killed by a red in town don't AFK in full view of everyone or if you're not AFK'ing just yell "GUARDS!". :rolleyes:

Kumba

Wanderer

Varda Sirith;1655191 said:
Leave things as they are. If you are worried about getting killed by a red in town don't AFK in full view of everyone or if you're not AFK'ing just yell "GUARDS!". :rolleyes:

The problem is when reds start abusing the system. Gating in 10 reds that carry 2 regs and all cast flamestrike on same target is wrong. Or someone abusing the explosion/hide exploit where he doesn't get guards on him.

Since this in UO, ppl will abuse all they can, and you have to treat them like brats with a slapping lovely father. you need to set some rules to stop them being jerks. 15 seconds grace period is good enough to save you if you hit the wrong recall rune.

starwolfe

Wanderer

This is shitty thread.

1: Everyone loves chasing that one red that rolls past WBB. And that one red loves being chased by a mass of blues.

2: Who's got the upper hand in town honestly?
Reds can't attack blues in town (as we all know) without being guard-whacked. And if you attack them first only to die, all the fool for you.

3: Someone said this will reduce the amount of mass gating in of reds to explo - ebolt someone? Wrong. . . i know i can drop explo - ebolt on someone in less than 15 seconds, or this supposed 'grace period' Dunno about you. . . .

4: We're all here to play the game. . . People are honestly complaining about reds sitting at the bank with the 'trammies'? ROFL at you for being a whining trammy whore then.

Peace.

ramok

Wanderer

We really need to do this, otherwise theres no reason to not be a red, and I hate pkers.

Dworknokbk

Wanderer

I don't care if reds are allowed in town or not - what I do care about is the game mechanics allowing reds to initiate attacks without getting guardwhacked - i.e. casting from outside the zone and then running in and letting the spell fly. The guards should respond to the position of the player when he or she lets the spell fly, not based upon the location the person initiated the spell.

starwolfe

Wanderer

Dworknokbk;1675784 said:
I don't care if reds are allowed in town or not - what I do care about is the game mechanics allowing reds to initiate attacks without getting guardwhacked - i.e. casting from outside the zone and then running in and letting the spell fly. The guards should respond to the position of the player when he or she lets the spell fly, not based upon the location the person initiated the spell.

I've never seen a red cast outside the zone then run in to cast it. . . =/
I know you can cast spells with a delay on the damage while *inside* the town and run out of the guard-zone, but i'll say it again. how often does this happen to you? and how often do you stand that close to the edge of the guard-zone that someone can do this?

Dworknokbk

Wanderer

starwolfe;1675927 said:
I've never seen a red cast outside the zone then run in to cast it. . . =/
I know you can cast spells with a delay on the damage while *inside* the town and run out of the guard-zone, but i'll say it again. how often does this happen to you? and how often do you stand that close to the edge of the guard-zone that someone can do this?

You've never returned from being AFK to find your character who was happily sitting in the middle of town dead? It's happened to me at least a half dozen times since I started playing again a few months ago after an absence of many years. Maybe I'm just unlucky. The other day I caught some folks in the act just after I was murdered in the middle of a town. Looks like a blue scouts out the scene, and a red pre-casts a spell somewhere else. Blue opens up a gate into town, red comes through and throws the spell. None of the NPCs call guards. Wash rinse repeat. Maybe that's what I deserve for going AFK an unpopulated town, but it's really annoying.

It also happens if you spend any time in the Minoc mine area, they can cast explosion from outside the guard range, move in and blast away at you all day and nothing will happen.

starwolfe

Wanderer

The whole idea of this thread wont stop afk town killing though.
The 15 second grace period is MORE than enough to afk kill someone.
Miners are at risk everywhere. But if you need to PM me and ill show you a sweet mine. ^_^

I'm yet to be afk killed myself though.

Sunny-one

Wanderer

hell yeah its a good idea, This is Bruce Lee i quit right after the got rid of MA spam :)

im probably gonna come back and start playing here again... I love the idea of making it so reds cant come into town. It has nothing to do with being a pussy in anyway like most of you are sayin. its the fact that if your gonna be a murderer... you gotta pay a price. just like in old UO.

tons of people are saying that we might as well go play OSI servers if we clone OSI's rules.. OSI servers werent bad, in fact they were the shit.. they're what got all of us addicted to this forsaken game. its when they added pub16 that it was ruined..

so in the end fuck yeah keep them reds out of town.. I always have a red so im sure ill have to deal with it as much as anyone but it makes perfect sense.

Sunny-one

Wanderer

starwolfe;1670561 said:
This is shitty thread.

1: Everyone loves chasing that one red that rolls past WBB. And that one red loves being chased by a mass of blues.

2: Who's got the upper hand in town honestly?
Reds can't attack blues in town (as we all know) without being guard-whacked. And if you attack them first only to die, all the fool for you.

3: Someone said this will reduce the amount of mass gating in of reds to explo - ebolt someone? Wrong. . . i know i can drop explo - ebolt on someone in less than 15 seconds, or this supposed 'grace period' Dunno about you. . . .

4: We're all here to play the game. . . People are honestly complaining about reds sitting at the bank with the 'trammies'? ROFL at you for being a whining trammy whore then.

Peace.

if you wanna do this you flag grey genius... yeah its fun as hell to do that. flag grey and do it.

not sure if this has been suggested (no time to read through 30 pages)
im all for the give and take...

do not allow reds in town...bucs will become a pvp hotspot the way it was meant to be...
and do not allow recalling/gating in or out of dungeons...that will give pks better chances of killing hunters

towns with guards should be safe...period

Slayde

Wanderer

rezzen;1586952 said:
i hate the reds arnt alowed in guarded areas

agree. you need to not have the guards attack untill they do something criminal in the town.

Status
Not open for further replies.