UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

lol, I am so eager to play UO again. this lame game is the funest thing in the world... I don't even know what the change is... some1 tell me?

Trever

Wanderer

well, go to page one, theres details there.

basically, its about, should reds be kicked out of all or most major cities

grylant

Sorceror

i dont see how having no pks in town is any different from all of the noob pks hiding in their houses banning people. hows this. you come in my town without being guardwhacked and you lose your ban ability.

blues hug guard zones when pks are heavy. reds hide in their houses even if there is an even ammount of players.

simply stated dont talk shit about blues hiding in town or this caused trammel.
trammel was made because richard garriott stated that UO was his ultimate failure in the whole ultima series. he hated pks and didnt want his game to be about people killing other people. thus stat loss came into existance but when pks decided to wait for people to attack them so they didnt recieve the count and always stayed at 5 lt murders he made trammel.

i say no pks in town, 20% STATLOSS, and any other form of negative punishment possible to make it so that pks are not just a bunch of noobs running around killing noobs. let it be something like it was in the past.
back when people thought oh shit this person is good at killing people, unlike now and how people think hmm i bet this noob killed his alts for counts.

cheeburger

Wanderer

In the past, before UO sucked, there are no notoriety system and PKs had no statloss.

If anything, this game should favor PKs more. Give them more freedom and power.

I'll go play WoW if I want a game where PKing innocents is frowned upon. UO is fun because it is risky and not just a chat program with graphics where dieing has no penalty.

Trever

Wanderer

cheeburger, who is going to take the opinion of someone who can't even spell CHEESEBURGER seriously?

i think its funny that mostly its the reds argueing against this old school rule, calling it trammel, but thats how it was back in the day.

if you reds are that dire-hard for fighting and pvp.
if you crave fighting a "worthy opponent" that badly.
if you just CAN'T stand the idea of not killing someone.

kill an other red player, not some miner who doesn't even have a combat skill...

moron.

cheeburger

Wanderer

Trever;1726262 said:
i think its funny that mostly its the reds argueing against this old school rule, calling it trammel, but thats how it was back in the day..

It wasn't like this back in the day. That's completely wrong.

I think the way things are currently is fine. I don't mind reds in town, but I think people being able to cast exp and run off screen to flag should be fixed. Thus avoiding the guards wrath and now making the victim a free kill.

Should be a way to flag the attacker in town right away, and not give them a chance to run off screen before the victim can guard call. Also making the naked red gate impossible as well.

Oh! I think Trever Has hit on something interesting. This would most likely be a major undertaking, but what if that was the case?

If a toon had no offensive skill base. Could we make him immune to a Player attack?

Or possibly some sort of immune deed you could apply that makes you immune to player attack, and he is unable to engage in any type of PvP combat / steal / loot for some duration of time.

Only those with X number of trade skills could purchase said deed?

Probably not a good idea. It would effect the economy and ever other facet of the game most likely.

* The price of ingots just dropped again. Yea well... they're pretty easy to get these days. I seen a PK inside the cave where I was mining and I mooned him :) *

Hmm... I guess we're going to have to play this game a bit smarter, and take a few risks for reward. Sounds fun to me. ;)

mordredrs

Sorceror

superdude;1586956 said:
At first I didnt mind reds in town but lately people gating in like five naked reds to exp eb a bunch of people is just retarded, anybody that tries to argue that is just weird, anyways I agree with the proposed changes.

Agreed!

robbie trieble

Sorceror

i like it the way it is u wont get killed if ur by the town measenger person that tells u new (forgot name) and everones at the bank unless theres like 5 reds

Trevor

Knight

I feel that reds should be able to go in town when they are not Crim. And mabey even bank. I remember that we use to be able to do that.

Ankoku15

Sorceror

How about no guard whacks for entering a town, but you will get chased by npc guards if spotted?(the kind that are not uber death guards)

I remember my first ever experience with guards was just that, got chased by 2 ostard mounted guards with hallberds b4 they went to insta-kills

Status
Not open for further replies.