UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

RFC: Reds and Towns

What do think about the following suggested changes?

• I like it

Votes: 355 38.6%
  • I hate it

Votes: 340 37.0%
  • I like some of it

Votes: 166 18.0%
  • I don't really care

Votes: 59 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoloSirOwn

Wanderer
Re: RFC: Reds and Towns

I think it would help the fact of town runner blues and the fact that some reds tho still red only attack ppl who get froggy, some hada mean streak but now really just want to be humble. no insta whacks or anything and if they walk in a town they should be givin times so that sissy pvpers arent getting over when they guardline call or town run. Over all the insta whach is wak other isnt bad ideas. Especially with some of the weird guardlines round glow whooooa lol fun stuff. Just IMO.:)

elevent

Sorceror

superdude;1586956 said:
At first I didnt mind reds in town but lately people gating in like five naked reds to exp eb a bunch of people is just retarded, anybody that tries to argue that is just weird, anyways I agree with the proposed changes.

If you have such an issue maybe you should use Magic Reflection and watch yourself and it won't happen. Same thing with thieves. Be alert; quit whining.

PtO_Punx

Sorceror

NO way, if your gonna make it to where reds cant come into town you might as well just add Trammel

LKP

Forum Member of the year 09'

NPC's not calling guards for anything sounds cool. Make the blues do it themselves. Thieves would have to actually get caught (or get unlucky cuz everyone's bank macro has the word guards in it) to get dead, instead of automatically having guards called on them by NPC's 90% of the time.

I think the only arguments in this thread worth reading are as follows:

1) Reds should be able to defend themselves. If a red attacks a blue who doesn't want to fight and the blue makes it to town, he should be safe, as is currently the case. If a blue attacks a red (and is therefore grey to the red), but then turns chicken and runs back into town, the red should be able to pursue him and finish the job. Fifteen seconds isn't enough time for that.

2) Some reds do more than PK. My red is also in an order guild and at war with over 40 other guilds. My best chance of finding oranges is in town. A lot of factioners are red, and it's obvious why factioners need to go to town.

3) Kicking reds out of town won't have the positive effects some people think it will. Reds won't immediately start going to Buccaneer's Den or Ocllo any more than they do now. Reds can't conduct business or bank in guarded towns as it is, so they already go to one of those two banks any time they need to. Even if you could make those towns into choke points where every red spent a good amount of time, you'd only be hurting the solo PK's who don't roll with giant gank squads watching their backs. Solo reds are generally the only respectable reds... why single them out?

4) As long as there's a grace period, you won't stop reds from gating in and killing tools who are dumb enough to macro next to WBB. If you can't afford a house or find someone to let you use theirs, you could at least find an unused building where no one will bother you.

5) Allowing known murderers in town may be unrealistic. So is coming back from the dead, shooting fireballs, keeping polearms in your backpack, throwing an explosive that only hits your enemies and not any innocents or friends standing around it, curing deadly poison with only a cloth bandage, and plenty of other aspects of this game.

6) Making life harder for PK's is not the same as implimenting Trammel, or anything like it. Life should be hard for PK's. Maybe then we could seperate the men from the boys and all the scumbag res-killers going around giving real PK's a bad name would cut that shit out.

7) This thread has almost 10,000 views, and fewer than 700 votes. Naturally, the same few people who've posted a dozen replies have also viewed the thread many times, but either way we're looking at the opinions of a minority of the population. Furthermore, the option "I like some of it" is utterly meaningless. Does that mean "I like keeping reds out of towns, but I don't like the grace period?" Does that mean "I like that NPC's can't call guards on reds, but I don't like leaving the moongates the way they are?" How about "I like the grace period if you do this at all, but I don't like the idea as a whole?" The answer is yes on all counts! Those votes could lean either way, as could the "I don't care" votes, so they're totally useless in deciding anything. Beyond that, "hate" is a strong word. I dislike the proposed changes, but I don't loathe them, so maybe I'll vote "I like some of it," "I don't really care," or not vote at all.

ICKE

Wanderer

I think reds should stay out of towns.

It's only logical, and idiots gating in naked and killing blues Jihadi style is the most retarded thing I´ve seen so far.

For christ sake dont leave your character anywhere but logged out if you want them to be safe from anything.

"oh i left my character unnatended and something bad happened, boo hoo" i would say the same thing everyone else does, go macro somewhere safe, but in truth, nowheres safe, Expect bad stuff to happen when you afk..

Sarla

Sorceror

PtO_Punx;1700636 said:
NO way, if your gonna make it to where reds cant come into town you might as well just add Trammel

Yeah totally

Only thing I see reds killing in towns is afkers anyways.

Reds in town is what makes UO great.

Sarla

Sorceror

ramok;1670887 said:
We really need to do this, otherwise theres no reason to not be a red, and I hate pkers.

I don't understand this. Is not the main reason of most people to play on this shard because it does NOT have trammel and supports murderers? I know thats why I came here.

I think ramok needs to just drag his ass back to OSI, put on all the gay shit and stand around in what stupid bank they are using and shout rares for sale all day long.

Cheapwhiskey

Wanderer

I don't personally pk a lot. That withstanding, HRM. This is a pk shard. do we need to change this much beyond the ole siege perilous type of settings? a red shouldnt get access to his bank. but allowed into town for normal business? Sure i think so. I really don't like pking all that much, but i've been known to defend myself and enjoy it when i live or die.

Guess I'm saying I'm on the ropes maybe? bah.... time fer another shot. hell with it.

oldskooluo

Sorceror

by caitering to whiners is how OSI ended up where it is, if you are ready to heal and have reflect up reds can't kill you in town, and besides if your macroing, you need to die anyways.
i kill people macroing in thier house, AFK=DEAD. this is the wild wild west of servers and needs to stay that way. look, bring changes in like that, half the good pvpers/pks leave the shard then you dont have much to worry about anyways. is that what the majority of the mass wants?
freebie easy noobie zones, how about a dash to trammel for them french cries and waaah burger.
i got news for ya, you can all have a tall glass of punch to wash down my knuckle sandwich and a hurts donut for dessert. pussies

oldskooluo;1711064 said:
by caitering to whiners is how OSI ended up where it is, if you are ready to heal and have reflect up reds can't kill you in town, and besides if your macroing, you need to die anyways.
i kill people macroing in thier house, AFK=DEAD. this is the wild wild west of servers and needs to stay that way. look, bring changes in like that, half the good pvpers/pks leave the shard then you dont have much to worry about anyways. is that what the majority of the mass wants?
freebie easy noobie zones, how about a dash to trammel for them french cries and waaah burger.
i got news for ya, you can all have a tall glass of punch to wash down my knuckle sandwich and a hurts donut for dessert. pussies

I'm so scared of you.

M a r k u s

Wanderer

I'm not totally opposed to the idea. Seems like the biggest whiners are the Reds though :p

Would it be possible to have a few cities where Reds couldn't enter and leave the rest as is?

If you did roll with this idea I guess we would start to see people at Buccs Den again. Might be fun.

Trever

Wanderer

about a year of not looking at the forums and this is STILL the topic of debate....

i can't deside if thats funny or sad...

Status
Not open for further replies.