UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Ryan

Like I said, I play to compete and compare my skills to other players.. Yeah, I also play for fun but I'm not going to lie... Why would someone try to be good at something if they do not want to compete? Thats like saying people joining the olympics just for fun and not trying to win, that would just be fucking stupid.

Well how about you make your own server and show them how its done then? I mean if you're ideals are so much better and all
How about you go back to school and learn proper grammar instead of trying to insult someone? I'm only saying what is best, and exposing the things that are going to ruin this server for everyone interested in still playing. Take it or leave it, you'll see in the end when you're doing what you like to do most "fishing" and there is no one around.

I compare it to anything competitive. I'm pretty sure most pvpers left in this game play to compete, correct me if I'm wrong... I'm pretty sure bank sitting does not get competitive, am I right?

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
So what you're saying is, that despite your superiority with grammar you couldn't actually start your own server and implement the awesomeness you seem to think is lacking here? And I will be ok fishing with no one around, considering all that's left are assholes like you.

Yeah most below average players excuse is "I play for fun etc...", well when you get good at the game maybe you guys can start playing to be competitive like a lot of the pvpers who still play today... A lot of us like to compete/bitch/compare our playing skills to other players...

you MUST have an owner who is dedicated to keeping the server alive, and making the right choices, and making sure stuff like this does not happen... When staff start interfering with pvp that is when people feel like they are forced to leave and play somewhere that it does not happen... Which is something hybrid does not want at this point.

Yesterday I killed mickey munday at the farms, he was resurrected by a staff member "no I will not say names" and he was set to Invulnerability so that he could not be attacked while he was looting his stuff, this was with him having 3 other people with him making it a group fight. Stuff like this should not happen at all, and when I said something about it I was threatened and dragons spawned on top of me. Things like that will run your last loyal playerbase off, if you want it so be it.
uo is not a profession dude so go wipe your ass and have some fun

So what you're saying is, that despite your superiority with grammar you couldn't actually start your own server and implement the awesomeness you seem to think is lacking here? And I will be ok fishing with no one around, considering all that's left are assholes like you.

I'm not sure how stupid you are, but I'm getting a strong vibe that you may be really stupid... This server was made about 11 years ago when people actually still played UO.. There is no point in having a couple people ruin a server that has been up for so long. 99% of the players still hanging on are players that have played for years and years, the stuff that's going on right now is just driving the rest of them away..

You have Tet which I dislike, but has been here for years and years, and is one of the most dedicated players this server has ever seen, and he is ready to stop playing all togather because of staff abuse.. He has done wonders for this server that no one gives him credit for or even recognizes, maybe he is an asshole/cunt/faggot but he has started huge guilds, stayed loyal to the server, and tried to keep people pvping yet I've never seen anyone give him ANY sort of credit, and that's pretty sad.

!STiTCH!

Sorceror
You know, I'm glad you brought up the olympics as well as stupidity....cuz I remember now, arguing on a forum is like winning the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded. So while you strive to be amazing at a video game, I'm going to continue working my 9-5, caring for my family, and having fun on UO even as a below average player.

You know, I'm glad you brought up the olympics as well as stupidity....cuz I remember now, arguing on a forum is like winning the special olympics, even if you win you're still retarded. So while you strive to be amazing at a video game, I'm going to continue working my 9-5, caring for my family, and having fun on UO even as a below average player.

Lets not turn this into something it's not ment to be, if you want to make a another thread about that have at it, but lets try to stay on topic here.

amtothepm

Knight
Yesterday I killed mickey munday at the farms, he was resurrected by a staff member "no I will not say names" and he was set to Invulnerability so that he could not be attacked while he was looting his stuff, this was with him having 3 other people with him making it a group fight. Stuff like this should not happen at all, and when I said something about it I was threatened and dragons spawned on top of me. Things like that will run your last loyal playerbase off, if you want it so be it.

this STINKS if this really happened... like why would you do this? what's the point? that makes me seriously want to quit.. not even joking

100% happened, ask Technik he was with me. I was threatened when I said something about it, but at this point what do I have to lose? Nothing, I've been fucked in more ways than one..

amtothepm

Knight
100% happened, ask Technik he was with me. I was threatened when I said something about it, but at this point what do I have to lose? Nothing, I've been fucked in more ways than one..

I believe it.... just the other day I was moved from my house [because the Counselor thought I was AFK] to the middle of Britain Graveyard.. Counselor did not want to provide an explanation as to why he did this...

It must be a profession to you, it seems like you live life just to troll people on forums. Every post you make is something negative because you obviously have a low self esteem.

Just go through and read all of your recent posts, you have nothing positive to say, ever.. Your life must be really dull.
http://www.uogamers.com/community/index.php?members/156940/
this isnt about me and i dont have to explain myself to you my point is to make fun with what we got until ryan gets back and a wipe isnt a bad idea and the last time you were ever fun in uo was when you had an orc mask on and had a shitty connect

Silly Santa

Sorceror

Gooood find!

Last time I checked gms aren't allowed to mess with factions, guess that changed when mark left? Sadly, this is the kind of stuff that happens when you don't have a leader/boss/supervisor around making sure everyone is doing their job correctly, just like in real life.. Some people just can't handle doing the right thing when people put trust in them.

That's why it was a severe blow to the shard - when Mark left. Mark was Hybrids greatest asset... and not enough people thanked him IMO for all the hard work he put into this shard.

wow........ that shit is fucking lame. Staff should not be doing shit like that. Whoever did that should do this shard a favor and stop going on their staff account ... Dieing sucks we all know it - but doing that ---^ is not right at all. That is considered staff abuse at its finest. Why don't we just add trammel into the game while we are at it?

This is partially why I made this thread (besides being concerned for Ryans health). This shard needs a leader.. there is really no senior staff members left that have credibility besides Suzy - who can oversee all the new staff.. and with no leader overseeing all of this new staff - there will be abuse and corruption.. and its sad because this shard has been around for so long and a few people are destroying whats left of the playerbase.

Uomvp

Knight
This is what happens when there is 0 supervision. Is there gm corruption idk depends on your definition I guess. Do gm's tell their buddies about shit when the rest of the shard isn't aware? YES perfect example. A friend of mine and well known player on hybrid (no I will not say who. If they want they can say it was them) was told during the Halloween shit about the pumpkins after they were picked from the ground. He was told "I guess it just sucks you don't know a gm. We've been doing this for days". The return of brit dana handout. Certain people were aware of where to be and around what time and they got them.

I'm not going to pin point areas of corruption and manipulation because I didn't see them and well lets face it guys 85% of the server is full of shit and a bunch of liars. I will only say that in 7 years of being on hybrid I've NEVER seen soo many special hue handouts given out at random times without Ryan's go ahead. No one was reprimanded for mass farming of the Halloween items to get the monk shroud. Multiple people were watching and yet no one cared. Back in the day it didn't matter if you were best buddies with any of the Gm's or counselors. If you got caught you paid for it just like anyone else. The doing shit for your buddies will only continue to either shrink the shared till people quit or make them want to go to Forever.

They made the rules VERY VERY clear and if they want to start fucking with shit people are going to leave plain and simple. I'd say try/beg all the old gm's to return and basically get on your knees and beg Mark to come back. Ryan is the leader but in his absents he would expect that his staff would live up to the expectation that the shard deserves.

At the end of the day it's just a game that we don't pay to play. If you are about to have a heart attack because you find that it's unfair well get a shrink and start therapy sessions. If you don't like how shit is going then leave and when Ryan returns come back if you choose too.

This is what happens when there is 0 supervision. Is there gm corruption idk depends on your definition I guess. Do gm's tell their buddies about shit when the rest of the shard isn't aware? YES perfect example. A friend of mine and well known player on hybrid (no I will not say who. If they want they can say it was them) was told during the Halloween shit about the pumpkins after they were picked from the ground. He was told "I guess it just sucks you don't know a gm. We've been doing this for days". The return of brit dana handout. Certain people were aware of where to be and around what time and they got them.

I'm not going to pin point areas of corruption and manipulation because I didn't see them and well lets face it guys 85% of the server is full of shit and a bunch of liars. I will only say that in 7 years of being on hybrid I've NEVER seen soo many special hue handouts given out at random times without Ryan's go ahead. No one was reprimanded for mass farming of the Halloween items to get the monk shroud. Multiple people were watching and yet no one cared. Back in the day it didn't matter if you were best buddies with any of the Gm's or counselors. If you got caught you paid for it just like anyone else. The doing shit for your buddies will only continue to either shrink the shared till people quit or make them want to go to Forever.

They made the rules VERY VERY clear and if they want to start fucking with shit people are going to leave plain and simple. I'd say try/beg all the old gm's to return and basically get on your knees and beg Mark to come back. Ryan is the leader but in his absents he would expect that his staff would live up to the expectation that the shard deserves.

At the end of the day it's just a game that we don't pay to play. If you are about to have a heart attack because you find that it's unfair well get a shrink and start therapy sessions. If you don't like how shit is going then leave and when Ryan returns come back if you choose too.
Nice post, however the last part is a bit unfair to say... People who have been playing here for years should not be forced to leave the server because of Ryan's bad judgment of hiring people that he thinks are quote "good people" to staff, just because they hold 100 events a day doesn't mean they are honest people. I don't want to be fucked with by staff when I'm pvping, and if I am then fuck it I will play somewhere else.