UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Shroud of the avatar

whos playing? Now supported by steam been playing 2 days shits cool hasn't released yet but can play beta on steam after u sign up on site and redeem code, hit me up if u playin

Smokeuog

Sorceror
I know the stupid mmo kids these days hate getting looted let alone killed... But really lord british? Guy has a chance to remake uo and he makes candyland? [e sigh

you guys honestly thought this was going to be a good game? Hell no. British just wants quick money from his kickstarter/game funds for his next mission to space.

look at the model already. Pay to win. Pledge 45 dollars to get early access? Pledge x amount of dollars for perm houses? Yea. OK.

The game play atm may or may not change, but cooldowns? Is this EQ3? The whole melee combat system isn't entirely impressive and its model has already been similarly used by games like age of conan, which was a main turn off for players. It becomes excessively connection based to compete and script galore. The crafting system looks interesting, but I won't be playing a game for its crafting system.

All in all, I've never had my hopes up and when it's finally released I'll take another gander at it, but this entire project hasn't sounded great since the first day I've heard of it.

Actually you guys are both really wrong.. I've only played for 3 days and I can already tell you it's already "wow'd" me just from the house customization feature.. Not to mention there is PvP Islands for slaughters "similar to bux den", the game is still pre alpha and the graphics are really good, and will only get better on release. The mage pvp could use some work, however the pvp is still really really fun once you learn how to make decks etc.. You can also challenge anyone in the world to duels, so it's not like this is a trammel only game, they are also focused on pvp now, especially now with the support from steam. Steam will help this game become huge.

I met a guy on there that wanted to show me his island he customized and built, I went there and I was really really shocked. He called me in to his "office" and he was sitting at his desk and told me to have a seat, I sat in the chair and I was like dude... this is way too much like real life.. You can literally design your own house from scratch, no I don't mean add walls like UO, even items inside, anything you can think of can be built.

I've always been a UO only type of gamer for the most part, but this game caught my interest because it has a lot of things that UO offers except it's much fresher and offers a lot more. "no it is not exactly like uo"

Smokeuog

Sorceror
I'm very wrong? I'm not hating... I wish I was very wrong lol...
unless you can tell me it's full loot and full/open pvp... I'm very right unfortunately :/

the combat card game type thing.. I think is just lord brit trying to coin his own combat system which is fine but crazytown for me personally.. I don't like it even as a concept.

the housing is its only feature that I find cool.. if you have real life $ to burn. everequest next landmark blows it out of the water as far as being able to build anything you want though.. if your going to play a game for building stuff.

I hope he does continue to improve shroud though. for now it's full of stuff I despise in an mmo :/

I'm assuming you've played it... I'm sure there will never be full loot, no one plays those types of games anymore besides us... The pvp is not bad I'm actually enjoying pvping at level 20 vs guys level 50, pretty fun.. Richard Garriot was actually on playing yesterday and live streaming which was kinda neat. Oh well, I'm enjoying it when I have free time I'm simply amazed at some of the features and it's still pre alpha, I can only imagine the release..

Shini

Page
Honestly at first i was quite a bit disappointed ...

But just for a pre-alpha , i must admit that the game have a great potential.

Interesting concept with a combat system that is kinda a mix between Lost Kingdom II and Wizard 101.
Hopefully everything will be well polished for the official release.

Last edited:
Opening paragraph from their thoughts on PVP system for shroud:

"Greetings Avatars,

Out of all the features we are planning for, PVP seems to bring with it some very passionate interest and emotion. We feel that same level of emotion, and we are as excited as you are to have fun and meaningful PVP in Shroud of the Avatar. Our goal with PVP is to balance the thrill of unpredictable encounters with the desire by a large segment of the community to feel “safe” at all times. Rest assured that no matter what we do, players who wish to avoid PVP will never be forced to participate in PVP nor will there ever be non-consensual PVP."

Can somebody remind me what UORenaissance brought to the tables, again?

Thread of their post: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/pvp-death-current-thinking-megapost.8247/