UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 535] Different sized ore & combining

Status
Not open for further replies.

uome

Bug Hunter
[SVN 535] Different sized ore & combining

After digging through a load of runuo pages i found this
http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-release-archive/70243-2-0-sized-ore-updated-version.html
Apparently osi style in design.

References:
http://www.uoguide.com/Ore
http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/mining.php

So i took it and updated it to work on the latest svn.
I am currently testing it and i'm sure there will be a few issues, so far there looks like theres something not quite right with combining but hopefully its a good start.

Heres the patch so far:
  • Combining issues fixed to stop it rounding down.
  • Frequency of small ore pieces reduced.
  • Fixed a crash with combining in containers.
  • Tidied up the .patch a lot.
  • Stopped the ability to smelt or combine from pack animals.
  • Added the correct sized ore as loot drops.
  • Fixed a smelting issue returning 0 amount of small ore.
  • Cannot gain skill from attempting to smelt 1 small ore.
  • added 10% chance for human bonus ore amount.
  • now leaves a remaining ore when smelting odd amounts of the small ore type.

Attachments

• SizedOreV10.patch
    15.5 KB · Views: 6

Athena

Account Terminated
Re: [In testing] Different sized ore & combining

I compared this script to how it is on OSI for you.

Small ore (2 stone) ItemID 6583 only gets mined up as the last piece of ore in a vein on OSI.
Medium ore that's spread out (7 stone) ItemID 6586 is mined up too often in this script, on OSI I saw 9 pieces of it when I mined 15 spots dry, it was generally mined up close to the end of mining the current spot.
Medium ore in a clump (7 stone) ItemID 6584 is also mined up too often, I only saw 4 pieces of this when I mined 15 spots dry, it appeared midway through mining the spot.

I can do further testing if you like, just let me know what you need.

The combining of the ore is corret though.

uome

Bug Hunter

Thankyou :)
I'm sure we can add a table somewhere instead of the,
: base( 0x19B7 + Utility.Random(4) )

I'm sure this question needs to be asked, does what type of ore you dig up seem to be affected by mining skill?

One thing i am interested to know is what sort of results you get when combining random piles of ore. Atm with this script what you get at the end when all different piles are combined is the a pile of the small ore type.

I'm also seeing issues in this script where you seem to end up with less weight in ore than you started with when all is combined. How does the weight work on osi?
combining results atm:
1 medium(7st) + 1 large(12st) = 3 medium(21st)
1 meduim(7st) + 1 small(2st) = 2 small(4st)
1 small(2st) + 1 large(12st) = 4 small(8st)

Oddly 1 small(2st) + 5 small(10st) = 4 small(8st) when combined, works fine when stacked you get 6 small.
All the other piles when combined with one of the same amount seem fine, it's just the small ones that seems wierd.

*EDIT* Smelting results seem good :)

Athena

Account Terminated

The mining skill level doesn't seem to affect the small/medium ore, but you do tend to mine up less due to failing to mine at a lower level.

Here's what I got when combining on OSI:

1 large (12 stone) + 1 small (2 stone) == 5 small (10 stone)
1 medium (7 stone) + 1 small (2 stone) == 3 small (6 stone)
1 large (12 stone) + 1 medium (7 stone) == 3 medium (21 stone)

10 large (120 stone) + 10 small (20 stone) == 50 small (100 stone)
1 small (2 stone) + 5 small (10 stone) == 6 small (12 stone)

It appears that you get some kind of lower weight bonus for combining the medium or large with the small piles.

Unless they have changed things in recent years....

2 small ore = 1 ingot.
1 medium ore = 2 small ore = 1 ingot.
1 large ore = 2 medium ore = 4 small ore = 2 ingots.

If you fail smelting on a large ore you lose half of it's total ingot worth. And if you succeed on the 2nd attempt you get 1 ingot. else you lose the whole pile.

Same thing happens on medium ore except you need 2 failed pieces of medium ore to make it worth 1 ingot again.

Small ore will only smelt if you have even number of ore otherwise the odd one will remain.

You can combine 1 failed large ore with a medium ore and get 2 ingots worth of ore (2 medium ore). Same with medium ore to small ore. 1 failed medium ore result in 2 small ore if combined with 1 small ore.

Hope this helps out some.

uome

Bug Hunter

I have just updated the .patch in the op.

The combining issue seems to have been sorted out and i am getting the same results on testing as Athena did. :)

I'll keep trying to see if i can sort out the rest, but no promises :eek:

uome

Bug Hunter

Updated the patch again.

Now when you smelt one large ore and fail you get 1 medium ore back and when you smelt 1 medium ore and fail you get one small ore back.
I can't figure out how to apply this to odd numbers so smelting an uneven pile still rounds down.

If anyone wants to help me with this by making a chance table for ore types or sorting out the fel harvest then please do because i'm not very good at this and it is taking me ages.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

When I did smelt on OSI (a while back) if you had an odd number, then it just left the odd one on the ground. You had to get more ore to be able to smelt it.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: [TESTING] Different sized ore & combining

Need confirmation from OSI about how the odd ore is handled OR confirmation that his patch is working as OSI. If confirmation received, will move to READY as it has been sitting a week.

uome

Bug Hunter

Outstanding issues:

at the moment smelting odd numbered piles and failing rounds down the amount, so smelting a pile of 11 and failing will leave you with 5 ore.
This happens on demise anyway so i don't know if it needs changing but if it does i'm not skilled enough to do it.

There is far too much small and medium ore being dug up, a table of some sort would be the best way to stop this but i'm again not skilled enough to code it. :(

The fel harvest issue has its own thread so i don't think that needs looking at here.

Thats where this one is left sitting at, I think ive taken it as far as i can atm.

LadyCrimson

Wanderer

I agree the Fel issue is its own problem and should be handled in the other thread. I am going to move this back to development since there is an outstanding issue that needs addressed by a coder.

Thanks!

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Different sized ore & combining

I have just changed the attachment in the first post.
The new version mines up medium and small sized ore a lot less often now.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Different sized ore & combining

I have run through it myself briefly but since the changes made were writen by me i think we need other testers please.

Athena

Account Terminated

I've tested the new patch and it's much better, I would say it's good to go. I've done a fair bit of mining on OSI recently and it's as close as it's going to be. The only thing that needs fixing now is the amount of ore mined up in Trammel and Felucca, but that is in a seperate thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.