UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 535] Different sized ore & combining

Status
Not open for further replies.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [MERGED] Different sized ore & combining

SRC Xavier;605547 said:
This code needs a cleanup, apparently.
Unfortunatly you might have to set this to coder needed.
I hate to admit defeat but i can't see where to change or clean anything, you don't want to know how long those little tweaks took me. :eek:

So close but still so far away *sighs*
Sorry.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [MERGED] Different sized ore & combining

uome;606164 said:
I hate to admit defeat
So i kept at it and i have a new tidier version for you all to test :)

Also the last one caused a crash when combining ore in a locked down container. So please test that too.

I've eddited the first post with the new patch.

ne14pic

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING NEEDED] Different sized ore & combining

Well after some testing there are a few questions that remain unanswered
1. when using a commodity deed on the various sixes of ore they all say the amount of ore not the size involved. while this seems a little odd that you would use a deed on the ore and not ingots it may make for a trading scam.
2. to combine the piles of ore you need to double click on a pile and then target another pile. is this normal or do you drag them together?
3. ore can be smelted but not combined from pack animals
4. ore can be combined and smelted from a secure container in a house

Hilde

Page

Tests done:

Combine different size ores:

• In my backpack - worked as expected
  • On the ground - worked as expected
  • In a secure container - worked as expected
  • In a pack animals backpack - Does not work. You can not access the ore in a animals or horde minion's backpack. Not sure if that is the way it's supposed to be, maybe it's OK.

Smelt combined ore piles and medium size ore:
Callandor2k;586103 said:
2 small ore = 1 ingot.
1 medium ore = 2 small ore = 1 ingot.
1 large ore = 2 medium ore = 4 small ore = 2 ingots.

Results where as expected, the result always fit. If the number of small ores is uneven you end up with one small ore, the rest is converted into ingots.

Weight:

The weight of the combined ores seems to vary. Sometimes you end up with combined ore heavier that the previous pile uncombined, sometimes it's lighter. If that's how it works on OSI, then it's OK.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

ne14pic;612773 said:
Well after some testing there are a few questions that remain unanswered
1. when using a commodity deed on the various sixes of ore they all say the amount of ore not the size involved. while this seems a little odd that you would use a deed on the ore and not ingots it may make for a trading scam.
2. to combine the piles of ore you need to double click on a pile and then target another pile. is this normal or do you drag them together?
3. ore can be smelted but not combined from pack animals
4. ore can be combined and smelted from a secure container in a house

Commodity deeds can not be used on ore period on OSI.If you were to try to use a commodity deed you would get the message
That is not a commodity the bankers will fill a commodity deed with

Ore can not be smelted from a pack animals back pack but you can combine the ore

Athena

Account Terminated

I.P.Knightly;612800 said:
Commodity deeds can not be used on ore period on OSI.If you were to try to use a commodity deed you would get the message
That is not a commodity the bankers will fill a commodity deed with

Ore can not be smelted from a pack animals back pack but you can combine the ore

Are you sure about being able to combine ore from a pack animal? I've just tested this on TC1 and I couldn't smelt or combine the ore from within a pack animal.

You are right about the commodity deeds, you cannot use them on ore, this is a seperate issue that needs to be reported though, as it's a problem with the commodity deeds.

In answer to ne14pic's question about the method to combine the ore, yes this is how it is done on OSI.

EDIT: I just tested this on chessie just in case it was a TC thing and I could not combine or smelt the ore from a pack animal.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

SRC Athena;612801 said:
Are you sure about being able to combine ore from a pack animal? I've just tested this on TC1 and I couldn't smelt or combine the ore from within a pack animal.

You are right about the commodity deeds, you cannot use them on ore, this is a seperate issue that needs to be reported though, as it's a problem with the commodity deeds.

Maybe I do not fully understand what is meant by combining ore.I took dull copper ore and put it with more dull copper ore this is what I thought combining ore is/was but of course it has to be the same size of ore.
As far as the commodity deed goes I posted here because it was posted here

Athena

Account Terminated

The combining part is when you are combining different ore sizes by double clicking one and targetting the other.

I understand why it was posted about the commodity deeds, I just don't want it to get mixed up with this fix as it's a seperate issue.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

SRC Athena;612809 said:
The combining part is when you are combining different ore sizes by double clicking one and targetting the other.
No you can not do that in the pack of a pack animal and thank you for clearing that up.

I have a question though How many different types of medium size ore (7 stones) are in the patch you all are testing?

uome

Bug Hunter

There are 2 different types of medium ore in this patch.

Thanks for all the research everyone :)

Athena

Account Terminated

Setting this back to in devlopment until a new patch is posted.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT] Different sized ore & combining

New patch attached in the first post.

Re: [TESTING] Different sized ore & combining

Latest test:

Everything seems perfect:

1 small ore (2 stone) + 1 Medium ore (7 stone) = 3 small ore (6 stone) --> 1 ingot 1 small ore
1 small ore (2 stone) + 1 Large ore (12 stone) = 5 small ore (6 stone) --> 2 ingots 1 small ore
1 medium ore (7 stone) + 1 Large ore (12 stone) = 3 medium ore (21 stone) --> 3 ingots.

You can combine and smelt from your pack, from the ground, from bankbox or from a secure container but not from a pack animal.

You can combine all types of ore as long as they are the same colour.

You can drag-drop equal ore types on top of each other, but not different sized ore.

I can't judge ore type frequency, but Athena was happy with it from her OSI testing and it hasn't changed since then.

Observations:

You can still deed ore - but it doesn't cause any crash problems (I know this has been declared a separate commodity deed fix).

I forgot to test the tile distance limit for smelting or combining from the ground...

If someone can just check that, I think this is good to go.

FE

Lerellian

Sorceror

Should the type of ore an ore elemental has got as loot be accidental?

uome

Bug Hunter

So your getting different sized ore from ore ele's?
I have no idea if that happens on osi, if someone can check that would be great. You might also need to look at ant lions and orc brutes too and anything else i have forgoton that has ore as loot.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

uome;651277 said:
So your getting different sized ore from ore ele's?
I have no idea if that happens on osi, if someone can check that would be great. You might also need to look at ant lions and orc brutes too and anything else i have forgoton that has ore as loot.

Ore Elementals dug up using a gargoyle pick axe yield 25 ore ( large ) of what ever type was dug up on OSI

Orc Brutes 25 shadow ore ( large ) on OSI

Ant Lions quantity varies ( 1 to 8 ) type varies as well dull copper, shadow, copper and bronze ( all large )are the 4 types on OSI

Ice and Snow elementals drop ore as loot as well Iron ore one drops large the other drops medium round one on OSI

None of that loot is double in Fel on OSI

Lerellian

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING-TC] Different sized ore & combining

Hey guys,

I wanted to give this thread a bump. This patch seems to work perfect, except that ore elementals contain 25 --large-- ore, instead of the various types atm.

What can be done here? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.