UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN 656] OSI loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francis Bacon

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING-TC] OSI loot

Loot packs are looking closer to OSI after a few hours of beating on some Demons and Blood Ele's. After 2 hours of hunting with 173 Luck on a Sampire, I received these 3 items on the high end of mods.

From a blood ele:

Bronze Shield:
DCI 14
Reflect Physical 11
SC

From demons

Ring:
HCI 15
Dex 4
Energy Resist 4

Kryss:
HCI 5%
Hit Cold Area 50%
Hit Lower Attack 18%
Hit Lower Defense 28%

nage

Page

Francis Bacon;796832 said:
Loot packs are looking closer to OSI after a few hours of beating on some Demons and Blood Ele's. After 2 hours of hunting with 173 Luck on a Sampire, I received these 3 items on the high end of mods.

From a blood ele:

Bronze Shield:
DCI 14
Reflect Physical 11
SC

From demons

Ring:
HCI 15
Dex 4
Energy Resist 4

Kryss:
HCI 5%
Hit Cold Area 50%
Hit Lower Attack 18%
Hit Lower Defense 28%

I cant verify osi but it felt like I wasnt wasting my time when I was slaughtering demons in my 0 luck suit on TC. I noticed they spawn a lot more jewels than what im used to seeing on Demise (somewhat similiar to bloods on Demise just with more items per kill for the demons on TC). Seemed to be one on average with 2 being not surprising (occasionally 3), almost every one I killed had one. Also I saw a few halfway decent random other equips.

Also this could be due to chance but I got a minor (nox ranger) off a paragon demon. I think I killed 5 paragons total (also got a chest). That would rate way higher than the current rate on Demise off my short time in the TC spawn.

Doubt it helps but just posting my observations.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

I didn't stay long because razor was doing funny stuff like closing the client on me while I was trying to farming these but I got a kill and loot screen shots
Only 1 kill not enough for a proper sample but its a start

Attachments

• Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26.jpg
    Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 134
  • Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-1.jpg
    Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-1.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 136
  • Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-2.jpg
    Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-2.jpg
    209.6 KB · Views: 138
  • Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-3.jpg
    Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-3.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 141
  • Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-4.jpg
    Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-4.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 138
  • Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-5.jpg
    Lord Dusty Bottoms_10-14_18.26-5.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 138

Sereis

Sorceror

I can't get Spyuo to work. I've gotten one version to attach and even save, but when I open the saved file in Excel it only displays the amount of gold each kill had. It says 0 corpses and 0 items. Athena how did you do it before you used Spyuo?

Bama

Bug Huntress

Ratmen (normal)
Missing loot like the lizardmen are missing loot,though this creatures loot is a lot more than the lizardman's
Ratmen (magi)
The 6 reagents is correct but it is always only 1 type. The reagents should total 6 but from 2 to 4 different types

Bama

Bug Huntress

Earth Elementals
The loot looks good
1-gem (of a possible 9)
5 pieces of ore
1-4 fertile dirt
1-mandrake
The weapons,armor,rings and bracelets seem right
I didn't get a map though (probably not enough kills)

Bama

Bug Huntress

Evil Mages (the ones that give higher fame)
23 reagents is right but the 23 are not 1 type it is 3 types split as 7-8-8 or 16 of 1, 7 of another or 15 of 1, 8 of another
The robe is always the same color (I will get the color # if someone reminds me how to do it).
I noticed a wizard's hat kept dropping that matched the color of the robe.This doesn't happen on osi

Everything else seems fine

Attachments

• HusH_10-21_20.36.jpg
    HusH_10-21_20.36.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 71
  • HusH_10-21_20.36-1.jpg
    HusH_10-21_20.36-1.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 71
  • HusH_10-21_20.37.jpg
    HusH_10-21_20.37.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 71
  • HusH_10-21_20.37-1.jpg
    HusH_10-21_20.37-1.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 70

Bama

Bug Huntress

Evil Mages (the ones that give less fame)
6 reagents is right but it should be 2 types of reagents 3 of each type
The robe color is way off.I put them in my back pack. On osi they are all shades of red not the colors I show in the screen shots
The rest of the loot looks fine

Attachments

• HusH_10-22_06.17.jpg
    HusH_10-22_06.17.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 64
  • HusH_10-22_06.24.jpg
    HusH_10-22_06.24.jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 60
  • HusH_10-22_06.24-1.jpg
    HusH_10-22_06.24-1.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 60

Bama

Bug Huntress

Another round of Lizard man loot testing
hmmmmm

Attachments

• HusH_10-22_10.42.jpg
    HusH_10-22_10.42.jpg
    191.2 KB · Views: 149
  • HusH_10-22_10.44.jpg
    HusH_10-22_10.44.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 148

KarmannMarco

Sorceror

Ok , i used to play hardcore UO on OSI when SE came out and i used to hunt Oni / Bakes all the time so i figured id take my 30 minute work lunch and log on OSI for some loot testing.

I killed 15 Bakes and 15 Oni. All the testing was done with 0 Luck. It would take me all day to write down every single little piece of armor/weap that i saw so heres a detailed generalization with the highlights and screenshots.

BAKE KITSUNES

Gold Amounts

708-686-701-691-896-622-811-655-836-725-731-698-654-700-645

Heres are the best loot pieces i got from the Bakes

- Ringmail Sleeves MR2/NS/LMC3/LRC17/mage armor/low resists
- Kasa 66 luck/18LRC/3-15-19-6-9 resists/

They dropped anywere between 2-6 magical items. Necro regs and magic/necro scrolls.
When they polimorphed into NPC their names became blue in color (i think its gray on Demise) and they actes very much like NPC. One even walked up to me and waited a few seconds before attacking (i actually though it was an NPC healer for a moment)
Overall the other magical items were for the most part similar to what spawns on Demise but the intensities were noticibly better.
I also noticed that they noticed my pets as soon as they spawned almost all the time.

---------------------------
Heres my old favourites to hunt
ONI

Gold amounts

1657-1788-1565-1848-1589-1655-1687-1745-1812-1672-1711-1746-1663-1801-1833

Best loot (OUT OF ONLY 15!!!!)

-Ring- Macefighting 14/NS/HCI-13/LMC6/LRC17
-Ring- Steling 4/Int5/89LUCK/FC1/20LRC
-Ring- Nina6/Anat4/HCI-10/DI-22
-Leather gorget - MI7/SI5/RPD12/9-9-15-16-4
-No-Dachi- 45 DI /SSI-25/HLL-12/HLD-22

Otherwise they dropped between 3-8 magic items with everything else being similar to Demise with slightly better intensities on avarage.
Also dropped randomly , Necro regs / Arrows / random clothing items / magic-necro scrolls / body parts

The only difference on behavier i saw between Demise and OSI on these guys is that they like to cast WAY more on OSI. They respawn within 2-10 seconds normally which is completely different then here (here they have the same spawn system as Hiryus do)

Sorry i could not kill more but i was at work and i had to cut the fun lose.
Looking forward to see these guys fixed in the future.
View attachment 32610
View attachment 32611
View attachment 32612
View attachment 32613
View attachment 32614
View attachment 32615

Attachments

• ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    759.4 KB · Views: 121
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    706.3 KB · Views: 119
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    681.6 KB · Views: 119
  • ss4.jpg
    ss4.jpg
    736.5 KB · Views: 116
  • ss6.jpg
    ss6.jpg
    765.9 KB · Views: 116
  • ss7.jpg
    ss7.jpg
    748.1 KB · Views: 113

Once we have enough information, is there a proposed method of calculating the breakdown of loot from a specific monster? I know that the gold part's easy: just simply count the extremes, and you have your approximate range.

However, the magic items are something else entirely... We're dealing with many dimensions: up to six, to be exact. (# of mods, and the intensity for each) That may take more than 100 to get a good idea on, though it might be possible to get good data without it, especially if everything just fits into a nice set of lootpacks.

Is there any statistical program in question we might be using, or will we be hacking it into Excel to see what we get? What I'm seeing already implies that for higher-end loot, the old OSI "any magic item drop can have 1 mod at minimum intensity" rule no longer applies post-SE.

Bile

Knight

KarmannMarco;806655 said:
They respawn within 2-10 seconds normally which is completely different then here.

Indeed. I tried to tell the staff members that respawn rates were dramatically different ages ago, no one listened. I always remember Felucca Dungeon monsters being virtually instant respawn, hardly enough time to pick the fallen creatures corpse before another monster was striking at you.

Athena

Account Terminated

Bile;808753 said:
Indeed. I tried to tell the staff members that respawn rates were dramatically different ages ago, no one listened. I always remember Felucca Dungeon monsters being virtually instant respawn, hardly enough time to pick the fallen creatures corpse before another monster was striking at you.

If someone gets the respawn rates in Fel for specific areas I can update it in game. A bug report can be created or someone can just message me the information. Demise is based on Atlantic so the spawn rates would need to be obtained from there.

KarmannMarco

Sorceror

Dont have anything on Atrantic :( only Sonoma.

As far as i can remeber from AOS day one till now everything ive ever killed respawns within 20 seconds or less. Ive hunted A LOT of stuff over the years (i enjoyed it alot with decent loot) mostly in Ilsh , Tokuno and Tram and never saw any particular odd/delayed spawning. I did have a Keep in Felucca for an umber of years right outside destard and when i did hunt there everything worked the same as in Tram.

I just also tested a few different felucca locations and the spawn is normal as it is here. Tested this in felucca/Wind with demons , the gazer spawn in felucca north of the brigand camp and Destard lvl 2 agains shadow wyrms.

One thing that is definitely now on OSI is the spanning pattern of Hiryus , Oni , Bake , Rune Beetles etc.. in Tokuno.. They spawn normal over there. Kill one , another spawns in the same area within seconds.

Also theres a second location to where Hiryus spawn OSI. They spawn in the little forest SE of the champ spawn. Between the water and the mountains.
But its not a walk in the park. A few Kaze Kimonos and Elite Ninjas spawn in that small ass forest also. And the ninjas ACTUALLY stealth you down and attack you with surprise as seen in the screen shot.....right before i clicked print screen there was non Ninja lol good timing.
View attachment 32823

Attachments

• hi.jpg
    hi.jpg
    987.1 KB · Views: 83

Bile

Knight

KarmannMarco;808867 said:
As far as i can remeber from AOS day one till now everything ive ever killed respawns within 20 seconds or less. Ive hunted A LOT of stuff over the years (i enjoyed it alot with decent loot) mostly in Ilsh , Tokuno and Tram and never saw any particular odd/delayed spawning. I did have a Keep in Felucca for an umber of years right outside destard and when i did hunt there everything worked the same as in Tram.

I just also tested a few different felucca locations and the spawn is normal as it is here. Tested this in felucca/Wind with demons , the gazer spawn in felucca north of the brigand camp and Destard lvl 2 agains shadow wyrms.

I think this is the best information we are going to get on the respawn situation.

Since none of us have any Atlantic accounts, I think the next best step is to coordinate the respawn rates across a couple shards.

Marco - Sonoma
Bama -Baja
(someone) - Test Center

Comparing the respawning rates across all of these shards to see if they are accurate between them. If they do happen to turn out virtually the same, we can bet Atlantic and all the others have adopted the same system.

Area's for basic testing:

• Trammel Ice Dungeon - White Wyrms / Arctic Ogre Lords / Ice Fiends
  • Felucca Ice Dungeon - White Wyrms / Arctic Ogre Lords / Ice Fiends

• Trammel Despise Dungeon - Poison Elemental / Cyclops' / Titans / Lizardmen
  • Felluca Despise Dungeon - Poison Elemental / Cyclops' / Titans / Lizardmen

• Trammel Hythloth Dungeon - Deamon Room / Balron Room / Gargoyle Room
  • Felucca Hythloth Dungeon - Deamon Room / Balron Room / Gargoyle Room

• Trammel Destard Dungeon - Water Elementals / Ancient Wyrm / Shadow Wyrm
  • Felucca Destard Dungeon - Water Elementals / Ancient Wyrm / Shadow Wyrm

• Trammel Shame Dungeon - Air Elementals / Elder Gazers / Evil Mages
  • Felucca Shame Dungeon - Air Elementals / Elder Gazers / Evil Mages

• Trammel Solen Hive - Blue Beetle - Ant Lions - Queens
  • Felucca Solen Hive - Blue Beetle - Ant Lions - Queens

Coinciding a respawn rate update with the current implemented loot bump on the test center would open up other parts of the world to adventure. Quite frankly, I'm sick of having to hit up yamandons, gauntlet, and paragons for decent item drops.

*The gold drop fix alone is enough to implement the code into Demise. Goodjob to whoever went and fixed it.

el pepino

Sorceror

Demise is starving for this!!!! I've been here almost 4 years.... Please! Please! Please! Do this!!!!!!!!
This would improve demise so much and would definitely bring some people back and increase activity on the server!!!! :cool:

alllex

Knight

el pepino;809204 said:
Demise is starving for this!!!! I've been here almost 4 years.... Please! Please! Please! Do this!!!!!!!!
This would improve demise so much and would definitely bring some people back and increase activity on the server!!!! :cool:

Me and my bro been here from the start and we are 120% (legendary) with you for this. :D

crackhead

Knight

el pepino;809204 said:

just like tots increased pvp like people thought..................

Status
Not open for further replies.