UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN689] Heritage Items

Status
Not open for further replies.

alllex

Knight
[TESTING] Heritage Items

Ultima Online celebrated its 7th year of operation

Royal Leggings of Embers
Rose of Trinsic
Shamino's Best Crossbow
The Tapestry of Sosaria
Hearth of the Home Fire
The Holy Sword
Ancient Samurai Helm

Ultima Online celebrated its 8th year of continuous operation
Heritage Token

1# : __this apply to demise?__

[[Image:Ultima online seventh anniversary.jpg|frame]]
On September 25, 2004, [[Ultima Online]] celebrated its 7th year of operation. The date occasioned a box release that contained the following: Ultima Online, [[Ultima Online: The Second Age]], [[Ultima Online: Renaissance]], [[Ultima Online: Third Dawn]], [[Ultima Online: Lord Blackthorn's Revenge]] and [[Ultima Online: Age of Shadows]].
Players also received one of seven anniversary gifts, a collector's edition of the Ultima Online Fan Guide, which included exclusive art from the history of Ultima Online and interviews with the development team and community leaders, and a full version of the classic [[Ultima IX: Ascension]]. Ultima 9 was the last game in the single-player [[Ultima Prime|Ultima]] series.
==7th Anniversary Gifts==
* [[Royal Leggings of Embers]]
* [[Rose of Trinsic]]
* [[Shamino's Best Crossbow]]
* [[The Tapestry of Sosaria]]
* [[Hearth of the Home Fire]]
* [[The Holy Sword]]
* [[Ancient Samurai Helm]]
==Notes==
* Known alternately as: Ultima Online: Seventh Anniversary Edition and Ultima Online: The Seventh Age.
* The 7th Anniversary Gifts can still be had via [[Heritage Token]]s.
[[Category:Holidays]]

[[Image:Ultima online eighth age box.jpg|right]]
On September 25, 2005, Ultima Online celebrated its 8th year of continuous operation. The date occasioned a box release entitled '''Ultima Online: The Eighth Age''', which had a North American release date of October 18, 2005 and a suggested retail price of $23.25 US. The Eighth Age also could be purchased as a download.
----
:<i>Ultima Online: The Eighth Age brings back the game world that thrives with hundreds of thousand massively multiplayer online (MMO) role-playing fans. Join this gigantic online community and enter a world teeming with adventure. Discover distant locales, battle fierce creatures, and befriend fellow travelers. You can even design, build, and decorate your very own house within the living world of the game. This edition compiles the first 6 expansion packs, with a wealth of new game items and a 45-day free trial for Ultima Online -- it's the best way to discover (or re-discover) the Ultima world!</i>
----
Those who purchased the boxed version also received, via [[8th Anniversary Token|a special token]], one of eight anniversary gifts, a free [[Advanced Character Token|advanced character]], one free [[Character Transfer|shard transfer]], a free 6th character slot, an atlas of Sosaria, an Ultima Online Play Guide, and 45-days of free game time. While those who purchased a download received all but the atlas, play guide, and box.
==8th Anniversary Gifts==
* [[Helm of Spirituality]]
* [[Guantlets of Valor]]
* [[Dupre's Shield]]
* [[Fountain of Life]]
* [[Dawn's Music Box]]
* [[Ossian Grimoire]]
* [[Quiver of Infinity]]
* One of four [[Talisman of the Fey]]
==Notes==
* The 8th Anniversary Gifts can still be had via [[Heritage Token]]s.

gankwearinc

Wanderer
Re: Heritage Items

I really hope the staff considers this.. they would help alot and I love the fountain idea and it would add more things to our community!! Please add these!!!!

MalGanis

Sorceror

You cant get these directly in game, but you can buy it on uogamecodes. Altho i do remember that they were given out on 10 anni (someone correct me if im wrong). Each char got 3 i think.

LaRue

Squire

Mal I think you are correct.. some of those are pretty cool house add ones:cool:

I let staff decision how and when and if to use those, but I'd like to see decoration heritage items, like broken furniture collection and evil home decor, in the Demise donation store.
After all, the Tapestry of Sosaria is one of those items.

Technical note: MalGanis should already have heritage tokens ready.

WarUO

Sorceror

MalGanis;629443 said:
You cant get these directly in game, but you can buy it on uogamecodes. Altho i do remember that they were given out on 10 anni (someone correct me if im wrong). Each char got 3 i think.

Yeah you are correct every char you had that was at least 30 days old at the time got 3 tokens.

alllex

Knight
Re: [VALIDATION NEEDED] Heritage Items

ive look throw donation store, seem like no deco are worth more then 10$

so i figured out.

for the , Donation Store - Visit the donation store if you wish to help the server.

the Heritage token should be added and be sell for 10$ each.

I have my doubts the staff would want to add them to Demise... But if they're common items on OSI, then they should still be added to the RunUO code. We (especially Demise staff!) must remember that RunUO is not "Demise's code." It's the code for almost all freeshards. (heck, the RunUO team themselves prefers Divinity and Hybrid over Demise)

Of course, the Rose of Trinsic was already coded in, I know; the staff decided to hand them out to something like 1-of-20 lucky bastards last Christmas. Ditto for the Tapestry and Hearth; though they, being deco-only, were handed out to far more people. You can also buy said tapestry in the store already.

Likewise, the Gauntlets of Valor and the Helm of Spirituality are also both Virtue Artifacts, a.k.a. "Treasures of Britannia." They were already in testing on the TC. I'm positive that because of a "normal" in-game reason to get them already presenting itself, they will never be added to the donation store.

alllex

Knight

Nottheking;631444 said:
I have my doubts the staff would want to add them to Demise... But if they're common items on OSI, then they should still be added to the RunUO code. We (especially Demise staff!) must remember that RunUO is not "Demise's code." It's the code for almost all freeshards. (heck, the RunUO team themselves prefers Divinity and Hybrid over Demise)

Of course, the Rose of Trinsic was already coded in, I know; the staff decided to hand them out to something like 1-of-20 lucky bastards last Christmas. Ditto for the Tapestry and Hearth; though they, being deco-only, were handed out to far more people. You can also buy said tapestry in the store already.

Likewise, the Gauntlets of Valor and the Helm of Spirituality are also both Virtue Artifacts, a.k.a. "Treasures of Britannia." They were already in testing on the TC. I'm positive that because of a "normal" in-game reason to get them already presenting itself, they will never be added to the donation store.

so they will be added in game has what? event item?

alllex;631638 said:
so they will be added in game has what? event item?
Just because something is in the RunUO code doesn't mean Demise has to have it. This is because Demise has to be both A. as close to current OSI as possible, and B. use purely the vanilla RunUO distribution.

Since RunUO may include some things that aren't available directly on OSI, that means that Demise will have some things in the code that aren't available. Since Demise hasn't had an "8th anniversary event," there are no heritage tokens in circulation.

So odds are that they likely wouldn't show up. It'd just be in the code, which hence would be the same code anyone would get when they downloaded RunUO for their own shard, and thus THEY could use it if they wanted.

Of course, I WILL mention that if they're IN the code, then it's still possible for a seer to decide to hand them out. What seers hand out as items for various events is (almost) entirely to their discretion, similar to how OSI's EMs (Event Moderators) likewise have a lot of freedom.

spok

Sorceror

What about Adding Token in the Demise Store as a item like...
example:
10$ = 1 Token
15$ = 2 Tokens
20$ = 3 Tokens

- Implement the Heritage Tokens System in Demise!
- Quest now can have Token and Token Item IN as a reward... + all the rest..

It can be a great way to RunUO: Demise get more Donation Money and will be a new great addition for all Demise Players to try to collect those new items!

Well... It's not up to the coders, or even MOST staff involved, what goes into the donation store. Sure, it's possible that heritage tokens could be added, but this thread would NOT be the place to talk about them. The lack of the entire system in the RunUO code IS a bug. Whether or not they're available on Demise is NOT a bug.

spok25;633547 said:
What about Adding Token in the Demise Store as a item like...
example:
10$ = 1 Token
15$ = 2 Tokens
20$ = 3 Tokens

- Implement the Heritage Tokens System in Demise!
- Quest now can have Token and Token Item IN as a reward... + all the rest..

It can be a great way to RunUO: Demise get more Donation Money and will be a new great addition for all Demise Players to try to collect those new items!

because it's a donation store, not a store. The Donation Store spirit is you not to have an advantage by donating: you donate and you have a "thank you" with something that everyone can have also without donating and without paying gold, like pet bonding deed = 1 week waiting, skillball = normal training...
Or just decoration, like tapestry of sosaria, fire pit... but you will NEVER see a weapon or armor or something that could give you an advantage among others just because you are wealthier IRL.
Now, heritage tokens can return you also items. That's why I'm waiting for a staff admin to pronounce himself about if, how and when to code for them, and if/how/when they will appear on Demise.

Status
Not open for further replies.