UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN689] Talismans

Status
Not open for further replies.

MalGanis

Sorceror
[TESTING] Talismans

Type: ML feature
Basic Description: A new script that needs testing.
Detailed Description: http://www.uoguide.com/Talisman
Code: Distro mods are in Talismans.patch, new files are in Talismans Folder, thers also Test.cs which contains test bag: [add TestBag x where x is number of random talismans.

Attachments

• Talismans v1.00.zip
    19.4 KB · Views: 29
  • Test.zip
    418 bytes · Views: 19
Re: Talismans

wow, it's a great project... Compliments! I'll glad to have a look on it as I can :)

btw if you use TortoiseSVN you can include also new files in a .patch file: just rightclick on those and do "add", then create patch...

LadyCrimson

Wanderer
Re: Talismans

While I am going to put this into a deferred status due to the ML hold until other patches are complete, I would like to see this one THOROUGHLY tested.

I also want complete OSI test validation on the talisman, when it drops, how it drops, and mods. The link provided is a UOGuide link and I am not going to trust that as far as I can throw it considering this is new content for Demise. If it goes in, it has to be 100% correct or as close to it as possible. Those testing this content need to be able to sync up with OSI testers or be able to do both on their own.

Once moved out of deferred, I want a minimum of 5 testers reporting on their results. This is new content for the server and I want it to go in as clean as humanly possible.

psz

Administrator
Re: [DEFERRED] Talismans

I'm setting it to Testing, as the code is there to be tested.

MalGanis

Sorceror
Re: [TESTING] Talismans

Heres the patch against latest svn.

Attachments

• Talismans.patch
    74.5 KB · Views: 17

the Testing script looks like won't work, at least it's what uome says.
Without that, it would be hard to test their functionality (since we weren't able to obtain one in "legal" ways)

uome

Bug Hunter

To elaborate i can't seem to spawn any talismans at all. I've tried a few commands including the [add testbag # one.
The crafted items seem to be obtainable through glassblowing, tinkering ect.
Hollow prism, jeweled filigree, runed switch and so on seem to be for recharging talismans so i can't realy do a lot with them.

MalGanis

Sorceror

oh right, sorry, forgot to tell something :)

Thers a new command for talismans: [randomtalisman {count}
Gives you {count} talismans in your backpack.

WarUO

Sorceror

OK tested this one a little bit will test more tomorrow.

1st Test

Spawned 500 talismans(only recieved two of the summoning Talismans)
-They are very random
-All crafting bonuses seem to work perfect
-Slayers work as they should
-Ward, Curse, Damage removal all work, use charges, and have a cool down timer.
-Bogling summon does summon up to five Boglings and they do attack monsters that target you. They did not approach the monster when it targeted me like a pet does when guarding, but they did attack the monster when it was next to them. Also only one seemed to be attacking the others stood there until the one attacking died then the next one attacked.
-Summon Bandage does summon but the timer seems to be off I could summon 10 Bandages as fast as they would spawn in my bag around .30sec. Uoguide says there is a 60 sec wait time inbetween. Also when you equip it, it says Fully Charged but after summoning 3k bandages it still said Fully charged.

Have not tested killer or protection % yet or the other summons.

WarUO;652517 said:
-Slayers work as they should

I haven't seen it but remember, to consider this working properly, a stack of 2 slayers (i.e. weapon + talisman) must return 300% of the base damage, not 400% (so the added damage won't consider the other slayer damage)

WarUO

Sorceror

Not sure if this has to do with the patch or not but I just crashed and can not start server again it is failing at loading the world. This is the crash report that was in the runuo folder and this is the only patch I had downloaded. As a side note the only thing I was doing was I just spawned 50 tailsmans in my bag and was dropping the ones I did not want on the ground when the crash happened.

Server Crash Report
===================
RunUO Version 2.0, Build 3567.2838
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.3603
Time: 11/9/2009 8:14:54 AM
Mobiles: 2459
Items: 100629
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Items.BaseTalisman.Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics)
at Server.DualSaveStrategy.<>c__DisplayClass1.<Save>b__0()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Lastday

Wanderer

I'm no coder, so my apologies if this is already in the code:
From what I've read the slayers on talismans don't apply to spells on OSI, so test that, too. :)

WarUO

Sorceror

ok installed everything from scratch again. Have a question the summoning Talismans seem to be not functioning correctly you can sommon up to five creatures that does not seem right. When you remove the talisman the first one you summoned vanishs and the others ramain.

uome

Bug Hunter

Tested on BAD tc:

This is all i have for you so far. The killer types seem to work ok.
  • bandage summoning has no waiting time before reuse, uoguide suggests 60seconds.
  • should the waiting time for curse/ward removal apply to the user or the talisman? I can use several remove curse talismans one after the other.
  • The charge time left is only displayed when the talisman is equiped. is this right?
  • Should you be able to get a standard and exceptional crafting bonus in the same skill on a single talisman? (see pic .a)
  • using a runed switch on a curse/ward talisman that has a waiting time applied to it resets the waiting thime to 1200 secs.
    *Edit* Looking again at the statement above it seems just moving the talisman to your pack then back to your paperdoll restarts the waiting timer.
  • Not all talismans have or are showing charges remaining? (see pic .b)
  • Should talismans have the label "Requirement: Mpondains legacy"?
  • Some talismans are appearing to show "blessed for/ owned by" when equiped but they do not display the "Owned By No One" tag before use.

I'll try and get more together later. Having never played osi i am still trying to understand how talismans are supposed to work. :eek:
Pic .a
View attachment 18993
pic .b
View attachment 18994

Attachments

• taliskill.JPG
    taliskill.JPG
    17.9 KB · Views: 122
  • talicharge.JPG
    talicharge.JPG
    55.7 KB · Views: 122

WarUO

Sorceror

Should you be able to get a standard and exceptional crafting bonus in the same skill on a single talisman?

Yes that is how it is on OSI.

WarUO

Sorceror

I just crashed again while throwing talismans on the ground I have no idea what is going on but I got a screen shot of the server this time. Also the server will no longer load after this it keeps having a fatal error on the world loading.

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 128

uome

Bug Hunter

WarUO;653449 said:
I just crashed again while throwing talismans on the ground I have no idea what is going on but I got a screen shot of the server this time. Also the server will no longer load after this is keeps having a fatal error on the world loading.
You can right click on the bar at the top and choose edit/select all/copy then paste it into a text document. ;)

Have you tried restarting your pc before trying to run runuo again?

WarUO

Sorceror

Yeah just restarted PC and still getting the same error. Just some more info I have spawed a total of about 1k Talismans and there was about a hundred or so on the ground in New Haven. The Talisman patch is also the only patch I have installed on a fresh copy of the SVN that I just downloaded.

Status
Not open for further replies.