UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

[SVN689] Talismans

Status
Not open for further replies.

uome

Bug Hunter
Re: [TESTING] Talismans

A crash from me too.
Code:
Time: 19/11/2009 18:18:52
Mobiles: 3819
Items: 117717
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Items.BaseTalisman.Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
   at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.SaveItems(SaveMetrics metrics)
   at Server.StandardSaveStrategy.Save(SaveMetrics metrics)
   at Server.World.Save(Boolean message)
   at Server.World.Save()
   at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save()
   at Server.Commands.CommandHandlers.Save_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
   at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text, MessageType type)
   at Server.Commands.CommandSystem.Handle(Mobile from, String text)
   at Server.Gumps.AdminGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 1

Athena

Account Terminated

The artifacts are missing from the last patch that was posted, but they can get taken from the original post.

Pont

Knight
Re: [TESTING-TC] Talismans

Just tested the Totem of the void.

With the totem of the void I double clicked it numerous amounts and this is what I noticed:
  • It stays fully charged.
  • There is no cool down time between summons, i.e. you can keep bashing out skeletons and sheep.
  • The summons dont seem to do anything except die when they get attacked or you can release them.
Is this correct??

WarUO

Sorceror

WarUO;652517 said:
Bogling summon does summon up to five Boglings and they do attack monsters that target you. They did not approach the monster when it targeted me like a pet does when guarding, but they did attack the monster when it was next to them. Also only one seemed to be attacking the others stood there until the one attacking died then the next one attacked.
-Summon Bandage does summon but the timer seems to be off I could summon 10 Bandages as fast as they would spawn in my bag around .30sec. Uoguide says there is a 60 sec wait time inbetween. Also when you equip it, it says Fully Charged but after summoning 3k bandages it still said Fully charged.

That is what I got when I tested it before and it does not seem to use any charges or have a cool down time also I'm not sure if you should be able to summon up to five creatures at once.

According to UOGuide, it says you CANNOT control any of the summons, so that would be correct.

However, it makes no mention of a cool-down timer; I'd assume it'd almost certainly HAS to have one, since all the other conjured things have a 60-second cooldown. I'd say that this needs to be re-checked on OSI itself to see if it's correct or not. An actual Totem of the Void shouldn't be necessary; just find ANY talisman of creature summoning.

WarUO

Sorceror

Yeah reading through that again it says creature so being able to summon five of them is wrong.

Athena

Account Terminated

Could someone verify this on OSI please, check for a cool down timer and see if you can summon multiple times.

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Pont;663448 said:
Just tested the Totem of the void.

With the totem of the void I double clicked it numerous amounts and this is what I noticed:
  • It stays fully charged.
  • There is no cool down time between summons, i.e. you can keep bashing out skeletons and sheep.
  • The summons dont seem to do anything except die when they get attacked or you can release them.
Is this correct??

SRC Athena;663801 said:
Could someone verify this on OSI please, check for a cool down timer and see if you can summon multiple times.

My Totem of the Void has a 1800 second cool down timer and only 1 summons at a time.
My talisman of damage removal has a 1200 second cool down timer
My Library Talisman - A Grammar of Orchish ( Summoner) it summons an Orc Brute has a cool down timer of 1800 seconds

*Please note that if you remove the talisman or the totem Of The Void you automatically lose the summon and the cool down timer resets to the beginning.Though you only see this when you re-equip it.*

So as it stands now since I took the talisman of damage removal off and put on the Orchish summoner and took that off I have to put them back on one at a time and sit out the timer for both before I can use them again.

Athena

Account Terminated

Thank you I.P.Knightly, I'm going to set this back to development. It'll stay on the TC until the next cycle of patches go on, unless a fix is posted before then.

Re: [IN DEVELOPMENT-TC] Talismans

This is a patch file for the BaseTalisman.cs file. It will fix the infinate number of times you are able to use the summon talisman. It will also correctly countdown the timers instead of stating it is fully charged all the time.

Again this is only a single file fix. You will need to download the files posted by MalGanis to get the full patch. then download my patch and fix the BaseTalisman.cs file.

Attachments

• Talisman Summon Timer Fix.diff
    33.8 KB · Views: 11

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

Callandor2k;665375 said:
This is a patch file for the BaseTalisman.cs file. It will fix the infinate number of times you are able to use the summon talisman. It will also correctly countdown the timers instead of stating it is fully charged all the time.

Again this is only a single file fix. You will need to download the files posted by MalGanis to get the full patch. then download my patch and fix the BaseTalisman.cs file.

Is this in game time or just time period.What I mean is if I use the talisman and it gives me a 1,800 second cool down time and I log out does the timer keep going?
I tested this on OSI and I logged out and when I logged back in there was a lot of time gone(elapsed) without being in game.

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-18_08.11-4.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-18_08.11-4.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 94
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-18_08.38.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-18_08.38.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 94

Athena

Account Terminated

I.P.Knightly;673613 said:
Is this in game time or just time period.What I mean is if I use the talisman and it gives me a 1,800 second cool down time and I log out does the timer keep going?
I tested this on OSI and I logged out and when I logged back in there was a lot of time gone(elapsed) without being in game.

That's the way it's working on the TC, I just checked it.

I have took a talisman "damage removal +73% greater mongbat killer" and I have used it. Not knowing what it was meant to be targeted, I have targeted myself.
Conclusion: no charge used (it was 18, is still 18) and now I have to wait 1800 seconds.

Is it normal?

And also: can you please explain us briefly about talisman properties? Thanks :)

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;675720 said:
Conclusion: no charge used (it was 18, is still 18) and now I have to wait 1800 seconds.

Is it normal?
You should see if you need to sit out the timer by mousing over it with it equipped on you.
How did you see the charges remaining?

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

osd_daedalus;675720 said:
I have took a talisman "damage removal +73% greater mongbat killer" and I have used it. Not knowing what it was meant to be targeted, I have targeted myself.

Is it normal?

And also: can you please explain us briefly about talisman properties? Thanks :)

Damage removal talisman removes the effects of the special attacks like Bleed

The timers need to be looked at on the talisman
Athena confirmed how that 1 example worked but other talisman timers work differently
I am sitting out a few timers to show what and which talismans

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

These things are going to be tricky
After using the talisman if I was to drop it on the ground
for someone else to use when they equip it they will be subject
to the cool down timer

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.02.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.02.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.02-1.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.02-1.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.04.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.04.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 56
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.05.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.05.jpg
    142.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.05-1.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.05-1.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 54
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.06.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-21_19.06.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 54

I.P.Knightly

Sorceror

The Tailoring talisman will add those amounts ( on that one in the picture ) to your chances to create normal and exceptional pieces
Also it is a Minotaur slayer

Attachments

• Dusty Bottoms_12-21_20.07.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-21_20.07.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 54
  • Dusty Bottoms_12-21_20.08.jpg
    Dusty Bottoms_12-21_20.08.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 53
Status
Not open for further replies.