UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Thieves and Thievery: The Guide.

Hank-hybrid

Wanderer
Re: Thieves and Thievery: The Absolute Guide.

Flipper said:
yeah i know i paged a GM asking for them to make my sandals bright blue and to turn my skin hue neon orange, and to give me 7 mil checks, they said no, i said "but i'm a donator" and they deleted my account what is that bullshit, right?

Dude I asked for time played not which is usually a feature on many many games, I was unaware that there was no feature on this game.. which the GM could have easly said sorry no and stated this, but he responded " blah blah blah donator dont mean shat" which I thought was rude.

I love this shard, just couldent believe the answer i got is all. I work for a Bank and if you dont take care of your customers then someone else will.. were not customers you say? Sure we are, some if not most donate to the server more then there own share, yar they are getting something in return, but they are giving cash for something that is not real, ya I understand this shard cost a arm and a leg to run, tis why I donate.. I think this shard deserves every penny I give them. So im sorry if by me asking for a simple question as time played was such issuse.

Have a nice day.

Hank-hybrid said:
I understand this shard cost a arm and a leg to run, tis why I donate.. I think this shard deserves every penny I give them.

Exactly. You "donate" to keep the server up. The gifts are a bonus.

Kronos-BR said:
i've got 100 stealing
50 days old account and surely more than 40 hours logged

does the timer of the 40 hours turn to zero each time you log-out? or you need a total of 40 hours logged continuously?

you'll get a reset echa time there is a SW... that's not possible...

the 40 hours must be a sum of all your playing time...

I just wanted to clear something up. Just because your "account" is 50 days old, does not mean your "character" is.

Just sit by Vandoren and macro hiding while you sleep/work/go to school, checking periodically and you'll get in no problem. This post was a few days ago, so I'm wonderin if you were ever able to get into the guild or not?

Nochnbier

Wanderer

hm, i keep getting killed by guards, though i am gm stealing ... and i look that there are no or only 1 or 2 npcs around... how are the succes rates of stealing with a skill of 100? never played a thief before, hope someone could explain this to me...

Nochnbier

Wanderer

hm slowly i get it... but still, it seems pretty hard to get away if you steal something. i.e. at a moongate, you steal, they notice, you run, you hide, maybe you teleport, hide again... any other suggestions?
and, does stealing without being on a horse make any sense?

Mr Pickles

Wanderer

Nochnbier said:
hm slowly i get it... but still, it seems pretty hard to get away if you steal something. i.e. at a moongate, you steal, they notice, you run, you hide, maybe you teleport, hide again... any other suggestions?
and, does stealing without being on a horse make any sense?

Lol... Steal something, but not when it's only you and the person you're stealing from in the same area. Best place to steal is from banksitters. Once you steal something hide instantly and stealth away, single clicks as fast as you can. Re-stealth every 9 clicks just incase, and you should be fine if there's a mass of people like at the brit bank. If you steal anything there, your best bet is to bank it right away because there is a period where they can call guards on you after you steal something, but it's fairly short. I know on OSI if you steal something successfully they can't call guards or attack you because they wouldn't have known it 2 be you.

Heavier objects = Harder 2 steal

hivajisa

Wanderer

i dont thief to much but bank siting as a theif can get u a nice little pouch of regs if u have 0 money on ur theif i just have a pack lama right next to me so i stash all my regs/loot in the lama if im gonna wacked

Campinchris

Wanderer

heres my set up...

100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Anatomy
100 Wrestling
100 Healing

Reason for this set up is a non-combat theif. With the Anatomy and wrestliing you are able to stun the opponent and stealth away.

U

Unregistered

i didnt take time to read all the nonsense templates but imo stealth is practically useless... u automatically get revealed once u use skill to steal, and takes up one of ur seven skills, just nonsense, if ur good as i :>, u dont need but to snoop that first pack to get whatcha want, unless u steal nonsense with ur nonsense templates, stealth would be good for like one thing =\, stealing commodity deeds from people buying froma vendor but even then people reveal beforehand, if u use stealth the case IS u are more defenseless now, and seeing how taht would conflict with having the snoop/stealing/5xmage thief, u Will die to anyone except noobs, in which case dont have stuff worth stealing.... so die stealth

and also, the morality part of the guide is nonsense, everything else was excellent,
steal from noobs if u like, waste ur time, its all gravy tho cause it makes u lol irl when they get sooo frustrated about taht 3 carrots and 20 gold

U

Unregistered

Campinchris said:
heres my set up...

100 Hiding
100 Stealth
100 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Anatomy
100 Wrestling
100 Healing

Reason for this set up is a non-combat theif. With the Anatomy and wrestliing you are able to stun the opponent and stealth away.

stun doesnt last long enuf to hide and then use skill stealth DUH, stealth sux drop wrestling and stealth get fencing and tactics for a lucky parablow then just offscreen and hide, noobs always pass u up

Flipper

Knight

Unregistered said:
stun doesnt last long enuf to hide and then use skill stealth DUH, stealth sux drop wrestling and stealth get fencing and tactics for a lucky parablow then just offscreen and hide, noobs always pass u up

sup unregistered

tzung

Wanderer

100 Hiding
100 Stealing
100 Snooping
100 Mage
100 Resist
100 Eval
100 Fishing

I wanted to create my thief to also be a pirate, so I created mine this way. What do you think? I just started him so I am not total vested in skills at the moment.

On past char back in the day I would either steal and recall out or I would steal and act like I was recalling but actually just hid so I could steal more with them thinking I got out.

schismdream

Sorceror

what ever happened to pirates being red and staying out at sea and comin in only to dry dock and refresh they're boat...can't be a red thief .... I wanna make a pirate to kill people at sea...

tzung

Wanderer

Ohhh I thought you needed stealing to steal keys off of the dead guy out at sea? How should I build this guy then? I bout the 7x token and dont want to screw it up.

Please be of assistance. I want to red up the sea and bring in the GP and Jewels but I have not friends willing to give up their lives of wussiness.

Damn them!!! Even I have three other straight chars. They dont like to risk being killed I guess. I want a piece that that action, so I need help.

Also, if you would not mind a semiNube floating along with you out there, I would appreciate the help working up. THAT IS IT!!! I NEED A PIRATE MENTOR!!!

Countessa

Knight

The house below my mall is now ready for thief training. 50%, 75%, and GM boxes are ready for picking. The main level has lockpicks and boxes with feathers for raising steal.
This is not a place to train afk; don't bring anything you want to keep. In the event of being killed, there is a blue healer one screen northeast of the house.