UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

UO STEAM VS RAZOR..DONT BE SCARED!!

Should We Disband UOsteam..And Only Use Razor!

• Total voters

Jackie Moon

Sorceror
I use UO steam..But if we could all be forced to move back to razor the duels the field fights everything pvp wise would be alot better..and we could possible bring even more people back...The shard is turning a new leaf right now and growing.. Lets take this chance we have and get things right. before the crowd grows then drops off again..this already has been a strong summer..and when we hit winter i believe we will have numbers that we havent had in years!

kolbycrouch

Knight
Most randoms won't use easyuo, so that's not a good excuse, yes some will, but most will not.

Plus, steam > razor+euo

I say we keep steam and remove the spells from the macro section. Steam is so much smoother and the targets do not fuck up on the run, however there is still a slight target issue with steam.

Jackie Moon

Sorceror
But steam is no longer being worked on or updated right?...steam is fine imo except for the holding down spells...mainly miniheal

april0395

Sorceror
Are you wanting the input of the entire community? Or just of PvPers? Because losing steam will not just affect the PvP community. I PvM and I would not like to see UOSteam be banished. I was so happy to have an alternative to Razor. I was sick of my targeting messing up (why would it tell me that my target was not in range when it was right beside me?!?). My macros (crafting, training skills and organizers) run so much smoother in Steam than in razor.

(why would it tell me that my target was not in range when it was right beside me?!?). My macros (crafting, training skills and organizers) run so much smoother in Steam than in razor.
Exactly, however the removal of spells/target from the macros menu would solve the pvp issue.

But steam is no longer being worked on or updated right?...steam is fine imo except for the holding down spells...mainly miniheal
Well, with the looping of spells in UOSteam the mini heal is the only thing that keeps the playing field level, without it it would pretty much be impossible to heal if you stayed on screen with someone looping spells.. Unless you're good like I am and Greater Heal through peoples loops. Timing > macros.

Someone get on steam and show me how overpowered it is, show me that you can destroy me with it and that I have no chance in hell at winning, I would LOVE to see it.

kolbycrouch

Knight
Razor can easily be fixed. Sallos is a cheat client, so that's dumb. It's way more responsive than any alternative, and has a lot of easy targeting features, that's why your only allowed to use it on hybrid and other freeshards have never allowed it. Steam's miniheal/cure self is way easier to use than manual heal hotkey and target self, and the loops are in that same category. If they turned off the miniheal self hotkey and spell casting in macro's it would fix the problem, but would hurt people who use steam for pvm. I used razor for years and have no problem other than the losing target problem. Without steam, you would have to know how to heal manually, which good players have never had a problem with, but before steam, it was obvious when bad players had no concept of timing and would constantly fizzle themselves.

Alvin1337

Sorceror
[...] But if we could all be forced to move back to razor [...]

But 'we' cant be forced.

As how would you enforce it?
There were big groups of people using steam or some other programs before they were allowed (both in Hz and in the opposition)... now it will be even worse to execute rule like that, people being already used to using steam;].

Tempest

Knight
But 'we' cant be forced.

As how would you enforce it?
There were big groups of people using steam or some other programs before they were allowed (both in Hz and in the opposition)... now it will be even worse to execute rule like that, people being already used to using steam;].

I don't condone cheaters especially in the competitive scene, but the sad fact is, there will always be someone who does, enforcing rules like banning assist programs would be difficult to police. Those who won't better themselves through better gameplay will find other ways around the banishment of assist programs. Fixing fcr will mitigate this problem a lot more than you think.