UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

What staff deal with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryan

UOGamers Founder
Staff member
What staff deal with

A moment of background -

Last night I received a page in the administrator queue for a player who wanted to appeal a ban. I promptly answered the page and brought the guy to jail to discuss it. The player's name was "Misery" and he proceeded to explain to me that he was banned while he was away and his "brother" was using his accounts...

Now - we hear this all the time but I decided I would at least hear the guy out... he continued to plead his case and I got pulled away to take care of my seven day old daughter... I didn't get back to the computer until this morning... when I arrived this is what I got in my email:

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 1:19 PM, Donny Pate <[email protected]> wrote:
Why did you leave me hangin man Just tell me no this is fucked up dude so now that char just gets to sit in jail why u gotta be like this towards me man im goin to serve in the marines for people just like u and get no fuckin respect this is bullshit dude. I've done nothing wrong here. well whatever Ryan that was really lame u coulda just givin me an answer man. ... well if you ever change your fuckin mind my Username is: f1

Now - It took me a moment to think of how to respond to this... obviously this guy doesn't know who he's dealing with so I thought about it and decided to promptly rip him a new asshole:

Dear Mr. Pate -

While I understand your concern and can sympathize with you that you were left unattended in jail to discuss your situation I would ask that you take a moment to read the email you have sent me and then explain to me how you'd expect me to respond to this.

I'll go ahead and address your email point by point so there is no confusion as to what happened or why...

I left you "hanging" because my 7 day old daughter was in need of attention. Unfortunately for you she comes before this game and when she needs something I will drop whatever it is that I'm doing to care for her. She cannot care for herself so it's my responsibility as a father to care for her and make sure her needs are attended to. Your accounts where banned in January for donation fraud which means that your account claimed donations that were reversed by the credit card company or bank you used therefore we confiscated the items and accounts used to claim them.

I did not say anything rude toward you I simply explained why the accounts were banned and then went to take care of my daughter. I'm sorry that the free service I supply for you wasn't up to the standards you insist on but alas I had to do what was necessary.

Regarding your service in the United States Marine Corps I would ask that you just shut the fuck up. I am a Marine, I served in Iraq and know much more about respect than you probably ever will.

As for me being "lame" and needing to "change my fuckin mind" you can kiss my proverbial ass. My mind is made up your accounts are banned for good. I hope you get your ass beat in the Marines because people like you... people with no respect or understanding of why they are serving their country don't deserve to toss around bullshit lines like "...man im goin to serve in the marines for people just like u and get no fuckin respect this is bullshit dude" until you've served, until you've put your god damned life on the line and have a clue of what it means to serve for the rest of the people in this country. Until then you're a fucking punk kid who has no idea what you're in for.

Regards,
Ryan McAdams

Is it too much to ask that staff members be treated with a little bit of respect?

Update - 10/11/2009 - 20:41

This is the email I received in return from the player:

Donny Pate to me
show details 5:22 PM (3 hours ago)
Wow, I really shouldn't have said anything i did Ryan i was really upset I'm sorry Ryan. I didn't mean any of the mili comments that i made either trully regret saying anything like that again i should have realized that u do have a kid and real life stuff to take care of way b4 this game. Again i'm really sorry Ryan. please forgive me man if not i Understand i was being an ass hole

uonoobs

Knight
Re: What staff deal with

:D

nimbao

Wanderer

could u solve my problem??? i cant post it here , could u read the private messages?? i just sent a long time ago and got no awsnsers

Orgazmo

Knight

Treat others the way you want to be treated maybe?

You'd figure people would have more understanding/compassion towards you if your actions towards them we fair, just, or even polite...

I can understand him wanting to plead his case to you but getting angry over you not making him your top priority in life seemed pretty unreasonable...

One less asshole on Hybrid....

Kudos

Josey.Wales-

Wanderer

idk u guys are jsut on ryans nuts but i think the guy is right u just left you could of atleast told him hey brb my daughter not just go afk in his face.

ben_kapitan

Sorceror

I'm sorry that the free service I supply for you wasn't up to the standards you insist on

Key word being free. Sounds like he's used to getting things his way all the time. Its gonna be a rough four years in the service for this kid...

Status
Not open for further replies.