UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

When did you start Ultima Online?

When did you start Ultima Online

• I started when Charter Edition was released!

Votes: 285 30.6%
  • T2A was my first!

Votes: 263 28.3%
  • I came in for the Renaissance.

Votes: 204 21.9%
  • I signed up with Age of Shadows.

Votes: 37 4.0%
  • I never even played an EA server.

Votes: 141 15.2%

• Total voters

Sigler

Sorceror
Re: When did you start Ultima Online?

I was playing UO befor it came online so I win................ But seriously I started when UO:R came out

My dad bought it when it first came out in '97, I was way too young at the time to understand it, but I always thought it was one of the best games when I was younger. I played it back then, quit for a long time. Just got back into it probably 2 weeks ago here on UOG.

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

deathangel002 said:
My dad bought it when it first came out in '97, I was way too young at the time to understand it, but I always thought it was one of the best games when I was younger. I played it back then, quit for a long time. Just got back into it probably 2 weeks ago here on UOG.

your dad bought you a game rated Mature when you were 7 years old?

Monoxide

Sorceror

Good idea Rambone. This was my first of two accounts.

I used to trade EUO scripts for skill gain on AC and they caught a few of us.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GameStorm
Gamestorm is an online gaming company founded by Kesmai corporation in the 1990's. Both were sold to Electronic Arts in 1999. Included games such as Air Warrior, Aliens Online, Magestorm, and Legends of Kesmai.
The graphic version of Legends of Kesmai was released a year before UO, go figure. OSI is evil.

I got UO for Christmas the year it was released. T2A came out shortly afterwards. Meditation for the win. I bet you can't guess what shard I played.

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

I bet it wasn't catskills, since catskills didn't exist the year UO was released.

:iceburn:

karmagettie

Sorceror

Beta. Man talk about bugs. When it would active, i played Baja until Napa Valley opened up. Played napa from the start to about 2001ish then i went to cats. Cats until Legends. Playing here now

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

megas said:
I played since 96 I believe... before T2A.

UO didn't exist back then, even in the first beta. It wasn't released to the public until sept 97

Rambone said:
UO didn't exist back then, even in the first beta. It wasn't released to the public until sept 97

There might of been a public alpha but I can't imagine many of those who participated in it are still around. Actually, yeah, I believe their was a public alpha the graphics were much different then today. UO has had the same graphics since beta, sans the crap they started throwing in after AoS and the elves.

Middle Man

Sorceror

late 96...about 2 months before T2a was made. or was it made in 97? i forget. that is a long ass freaking time ago and i dont like hurting my brain trying to remember

CowboyP

Wanderer

I first tired it at the very begining. A friend let me use his account when he wasn't on. I hated it. I got killed non stop and got my friends house stolen.

I didn't play again til UO:R. I started a week before house placement began in Tram.

Q u a n t u m - Catskills said:
I got UO for Christmas the year it was released. T2A came out shortly afterwards. Meditation for the win. I bet you can't guess what shard I played.

I don't know, didn't it start with only two servers, Atlantic and Pacific? And then Great Lakes were opened up shortly after?

Rambone

You've been ramb0ned

Zeitgeist said:
I don't know, didn't it start with only two servers, Atlantic and Pacific? And then Great Lakes were opened up shortly after?

nope, there were definitely more than two. Chessy was original as well -- catskills didn't come about until later '98