UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see spell damage improved?

Would you like to see spell damages balanced (mostly made less)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enemy Of You

Wanderer
Re: Would you like to see spell damage improved?

Samara said:
I think lowering spell damage is a must especially if the stat cap gets lowered.

It will bring some new excitement to the game and people will have to rethink their tactics which is always fun.

You're a staff member, do you even PVP what so ever? Sorry for my rudeness and disrespect but lowering spell damage will allow for people to get away easier, as in running, even lowering the statcap, show me any GOOD pvper that use over 100 str? Even at 125 str that's only 112 or 113 hp. The most popular template for a mage character is 90str/100int/35dex, poll MyUOG for your self. The only people who will vote yes for lower'd spell damage are people who can't compete, or arn't willing to practice and get good. When I first joined uogamers, I was comming from TUS pvp, running and casting at the same time, ETC, big differnce. I didn't complain. I spent the time practicing, that I could have been writing bitch essays about why I suck and spell damage needs to be lowered to give me a chance.

Vanq Spear.. 50 bandies.. 10 of each pot. w/magery backed healing = dead or perma running mage..

hoglegs

Sorceror

This is the GM poll I've been waiting for the whole time I've played on the shard! I voted yes. I have played with just about any pvp template there is and mages absolutely have an overwhelming advantage.

**NOTE TO STAFF**
If this change does not get implemented, how about making resist more effective if you have 0 magery? It makes alot of sense balancing fights this way because 9/10 times if you're not an alchemy/dexxer you will get annihilated by any *smart mage with wrestling.

If this is the case, you need to take back everyones vanq/power weapons and return the drop of rare weapons to an OSI level instead of Hybride level. The dexers are equal to mages here because everyone runs around with vanq/power unless you're a total newbie. This will not work because everyone already ahs 400 vanqs in their bank/house.

Leave it the way it is, or you will be foreced to make 10000 changes

Fletcher

Wanderer

LeGiOn said:
Vanq Spear.. 50 bandies.. 10 of each pot. w/magery backed healing = dead or perma running mage..

Posts are like are by far the most retarded things someone can make. I've been fielding since day 1 of being here anf mages are by far over-powered compared to anywhere else. I know many of you have played on IPY, spell damage was a lot less and I heard no complaining about it, dexxers there ran around with vanq/power weapons and no complaining.

I believe this change will make pvp a lot more fun again, and be able to acutually have a chance against 2 mages. 2 dumps = insta death for anyone on this server unless you have healing done to perfect timing.

Fletcher said:
Posts are like are by far the most retarded things someone can make. I've been fielding since day 1 of being here anf mages are by far over-powered compared to anywhere else. I know many of you have played on IPY, spell damage was a lot less and I heard no complaining about it, dexxers there ran around with vanq/power weapons and no complaining.

I believe this change will make pvp a lot more fun again, and be able to acutually have a chance against 2 mages. 2 dumps = insta death for anyone on this server unless you have healing done to perfect timing.

IPY had no horses and was a different game.. But if you think your mage can beat my fencer let me know.

1) Grouped mages own the game, simple... this wont hurt 1v1, it only changes it.
2) I do believe something will be done with the amount of magic weps and the quality of them, but im not sure.

hoglegs

Sorceror

drakrum said:
I wonder when we could see these changes made a reality?

if Ryan is making a poll about it... It's definitely going to change somehow.

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

hoglegs said:
if Ryan is making a poll about it... It's definitely going to change somehow.

It sure is, I just cant wait untill it does change is all. This is something along with many upcoming changes that are long overdue.

Samara

Wanderer

Enemy Of You said:
You're a staff member, do you even PVP what so ever? Sorry for my rudeness and disrespect but lowering spell damage will allow for people to get away easier, as in running, even lowering the statcap, show me any GOOD pvper that use over 100 str? Even at 125 str that's only 112 or 113 hp. The most popular template for a mage character is 90str/100int/35dex, poll MyUOG for your self. The only people who will vote yes for lower'd spell damage are people who can't compete, or arn't willing to practice and get good. When I first joined uogamers, I was comming from TUS pvp, running and casting at the same time, ETC, big differnce. I didn't complain. I spent the time practicing, that I could have been writing bitch essays about why I suck and spell damage needs to be lowered to give me a chance.

No offense taken. I field daily whether on a red, blue, or my faction character. I fielded successfully before I was ever put on staff for almost over a year now on this shard. You would be surprised at how many of the better pvpers on this shard have high strength and low mana. It's not highly uncommon.. It really won't affect me as I run with 85 str on my chars and with a str pot I'm fine, but I have a pretty good idea of what I'm talking about I like to think since I don't talk about things I don't participate in. ;)

drakrum-hybrid

Sorceror

Wow, Samara.. have I ever fought you before? I dont know if you would mind giving out a player name or not.. was just wondering. Never thought you pvped.

Elendili!

Knight

Bojan said:
I love Balance and I would give anything for a balanced PvP. I am happy as long as this does not lead to some pathetic Stone/paper/Scissor pvp.

I don't know how lowering spell damage will help at all though, the gap between warriors and mages is very big as it is. Even though I often win against Dexxers or Lumberjacks I do not belive I have the upperhand at all.

So why do the dexxers think we have the upper hand?
They can almost interupt any attempt from the mages side to attack them and they do painful damage and poison me so I have to get into defensive mode immidietly. Don't tell me Dexxers have a weak defense against our magic because that is not true. Their offense is their biggest defence, and with their ability to heal themselves with bandies and pots they have a great defense against our spells.

What do we have for a defense against the warriors? our protection spells?
Where's our chance to distrupt or fuck up the warriors attacks like they fuck our attacks? Where's our constant interuption!?
Hey why can't every spell I shoot cause a great poison? *rolls eyes*

Nobody wants Stone/Paper/scissor pvp on UO, right?
PvP in games like guildwars is almost entirely about how you build your character, we don't want that here! we want a PvP system that is balanced and that has no superior builds! everyone should have the same chances when they enter a fight.

The Mage pvp of UO is the heart of UO and has always been in my opinion.
A mage VS mage duell is a perfect example of balance. Both duellers have the same chance to win and this takes it down to the players skill.

Why do we want to make a class that already is a click and kill class better?
I will never see the skill in playing a warrior. I have played so many with so great succsess it's sad. It feels as if I am unkillable by mages unless I am ganked or I run out of pots and bandies.

Uninstall UO and save yourself some time

BlazeOfGlory

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
Killing ppl in 2 spells is insane (Ive dropped ppl with explo fs)

Newb killer!!!

Naw, on a serious note I feel spell damage is a bit overpowered cause you can kill someone with gm resist with only 80 mana or less if u time everything perfectly. I have been killed by 2 mages casting 3-4 spells perfectly timed with each other on numerous occasion's. It's hard to survive 2 mages dumping on you that have been pking together for awhile and know each other's moves, not impossible, just hard. The odds of you survivng are slim granted the odds are naturaly more difficult in a 2vs1 but I feel the battle should last more than 3-4 secs. Unless you get recall off or have a very nice internet connection its hard to even get off the screen before dying in a 2 vs 1.

klex

Wanderer

I think spell damage would be fine if you had a better chance to resist some of the damage, i remember back in the day you could resist an entire ebolt sometimes, but other times ebolts would drop for mad dmg, i like the idea of having a chance to almost totally resist it and at the same time, have a chance for it to do 40 dmg.

Stides40oz

Knight

lowering spell damage is just retarded. Sure it helps out noobs who dont know how to play. But its already hard enought to kill someone 1v1 on the field if you are both good at this game. With chugging and mini heals lower spell damage would just make it impossible to kill good players 1v1. This will also up the ganking even more then it already is due to the fact that soloing on a mage character will be pointless.

A lot of those ideas lately that have been coming seem to really try to cater to noobs. Face it we're not newbs anymore. We're all way better then osi days. I think we can handle the spell damage the way it is. If you dont believe me have a huge fight with the yes voters and the no voters. Guaranteed the no voters would woop their asses. Stop trying to cater to nooblets.

StIdes40oz said:
lowering spell damage is just retarded. Sure it helps out noobs who dont know how to play. But its already hard enought to kill someone 1v1 on the field if you are both good at this game. With chugging and mini heals lower spell damage would just make it impossible to kill good players 1v1. This will also up the ganking even more then it already is due to the fact that soloing on a mage character will be pointless.

A lot of those ideas lately that have been coming seem to really try to cater to noobs. Face it we're not newbs anymore. We're all way better then osi days. I think we can handle the spell damage the way it is. If you dont believe me have a huge fight with the yes voters and the no voters. Guaranteed the no voters would woop their asses. Stop trying to cater to nooblets.

THANK YOU

Status
Not open for further replies.