UOGamers Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• To obtain new Razor updates, please reinstall Razor from our new website.

Would you like to see spell damage improved?

Would you like to see spell damages balanced (mostly made less)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gromo

Wanderer
Re: Would you like to see spell damage improved?

Ryan, i would like to see spells do less damage but... they should be quicker to balance against dexers

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

StIdes40oz said:
lowering spell damage is just retarded. Sure it helps out noobs who dont know how to play. But its already hard enought to kill someone 1v1 on the field if you are both good at this game. With chugging and mini heals lower spell damage would just make it impossible to kill good players 1v1. This will also up the ganking even more then it already is due to the fact that soloing on a mage character will be pointless.

A lot of those ideas lately that have been coming seem to really try to cater to noobs. Face it we're not newbs anymore. We're all way better then osi days. I think we can handle the spell damage the way it is. If you dont believe me have a huge fight with the yes voters and the no voters. Guaranteed the no voters would woop their asses. Stop trying to cater to nooblets.

So what your saying is YOU suck at this game and cant handle CORRECT spell damage?

Thats what I thought.

Bloodbane11

Wanderer

The spell damage should be lowered.... Not to "cater to the nooblets" but to balance the pvp.. I stay in the field and am by far a noob.... Playing OSI for 7 Years now with every character type imaginable and then moving here for balanced pvp and to get away from OSI BS..... When I moved here I noticed that mages are practically unstopable for dexxers. I agree to the post about lowering spell damage but maybe also decreasing the time delay on spells.... To even the balance.

i dont bother soloing my pure mage anymore as it is. i just cant seem to ever finish a kill. im sure my combos need work, and maybe i do suck at offensive pvp with a pure mage, but it was my preferred pk type for years.

i'm definatley not complaining ... if i roll solo i roll with a med warrior or some other hybrid. i never saw a problem with this, but it does make me think that i'd hate to see pure mages made even weaker.

maybe its just me, but i cant remember the last time i died to a pure mage 1vs1 either. im sure its happened, but its not frequent.

ganks are different story, but that has little to do with the issue.

lute

Wanderer

i agree to disagree, its not so much spell damage that needs to be fixed its the magic resist skill that needs the real adjustment.
Magic resist i find doesn't do much other that block poison in a random and almost useless fashion. I have characters with GM, 95, 80, 60 resist and all of them are getting poisoned the same... with the exeption of my newbie with 60 resist he always gets hit with it.

hoglegs

Sorceror

Lute said:
i agree to disagree, its not so much spell damage that needs to be fixed its the magic resist skill that needs the real adjustment.
Magic resist i find doesn't do much other that block poison in a random and almost useless fashion. I have characters with GM, 95, 80, 60 resist and all of them are getting poisoned the same... with the exeption of my newbie with 60 resist he always gets hit with it.

Resisting Spells only nullifies poison at high (95+ I think?) skill level, and thats only if the character who is poisoning isn't GM in Poisoning. It resists a pretty decent amount of spell damages too. People may like to argue that point but it does do well....you just have to be GM in Resisting Spells. Having said all that it still doesn't help you much 2+vs1. So lesson of the day is: Roll with your buddies or.........

run alot.

WEWT (better late than never)

I <3 the consideration Ryan. I think mages are overpowered because of the delay in explosion...lowerin the spell damage will make warriors and mages closer to the same level of competition (if implemented).

The people who mainly use mages are probably a majority of the shard, but your lying to yourself if you say the delay in the spell explosion is a major advantage, by bein able to hit a person with 2 spells at once, it lowers their chance to heal as quickly as if a spell hits, b4 another can be casted (I realize you can use str pots to heal sooner, etc but it's still a valid point).

Thanks for at least puttin the poll out there Ryan, I see this as very much needed because mages are always going to be overpowered as long as they have the explosion hit delay, and only need to cast 3-4 spells to kill a person w/ 100 resist.

Warriors with magery are already uber.. The problem is making it so mages are on par with warriors without magery makes the other class of warriors even more Uber then they already are..

Enemy Of You said:
You're a staff member, do you even PVP what so ever? Sorry for my rudeness and disrespect but lowering spell damage will allow for people to get away easier, as in running, even lowering the statcap, show me any GOOD pvper that use over 100 str? Even at 125 str that's only 112 or 113 hp. The most popular template for a mage character is 90str/100int/35dex, poll MyUOG for your self. The only people who will vote yes for lower'd spell damage are people who can't compete, or arn't willing to practice and get good. When I first joined uogamers, I was comming from TUS pvp, running and casting at the same time, ETC, big differnce. I didn't complain. I spent the time practicing, that I could have been writing bitch essays about why I suck and spell damage needs to be lowered to give me a chance.

Not everybody looks for a fight. For some people PvP is the essence of life, but not for all.

Lowering spell damages would even give newbies/trammies a better chance of getting away.

PooSlap

Wanderer

Okay, for some reason I found this the first question that came to my mind, yet the only question that no one asked. WHY Ryan, I know you've seen what happens to shards that constantly change things to make everyone happy. No matter what you do, everyone will not be happy. In my opinion you should look at how long your shard has been up. The only time big player cuts have happened (that I have noticed, I could be wrong) is when something major is changed. I understand you don't care if people leave because they are morons. But I think you would be sad, as well as all of us if everyone left because this turned into OSI part 2. Please don't let that happen

I'd like to see it lowered, though not by much.

It's not the mage's fault if someone has low resist.

_Choru_

Master of the Interweb

With GM resist you can die in 2 spells.

Thats fucking insane.

Fletcher

Wanderer

_Choru_ said:
With GM resist you can die in 2 spells.

Thats fucking insane.

I don't care who you are, I have to agree with Choru, if you can die in a single combo there's something wrong...

herbage

Wanderer

I think this would help group fights and hurt 1v1 fields.

Honestly, it's hard enough to kill eachother 1v1 unless the both of you are pure mages. Then it comes down to someone getting off a lucky/faster combo. Almost everytime i go up against any class on my tank or hybrid chars it last FOREVER. There have been times where me and the guys are like "Ok, dude... this is boring, wanna just stop?" If one of us doesn't want to stop, it becomes a battle of attrition.

I say do it anyway, i want to see how it affects pvp

hoglegs

Sorceror

herbage said:
I think this would help group fights and hurt 1v1 fields.

Honestly, it's hard enough to kill eachother 1v1 unless the both of you are pure mages. Then it comes down to someone getting off a lucky/faster combo. Almost everytime i go up against any class on my tank or hybrid chars it last FOREVER. There have been times where me and the guys are like "Ok, dude... this is boring, wanna just stop?" If one of us doesn't want to stop, it becomes a battle of attrition.

I say do it anyway, i want to see how it affects pvp

Good insight man, they can always just revert back to how it is if it doesn't go over too well.

Status
Not open for further replies.